Apple Updates its Mac lineup: External GPU support, Kaby lake and a new iMac Pro

1 minute ago, mynameisjuan said:

You could get an even better system for $5000 that would outclass the top end iMac pro for cheaper than the base model.

A 22 core beast in fact :P (So a PC that is better than the fully loaded Mac Pro)

23 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.2GHz 22-Core OEM/Tray Processor  ($1756.00 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($24.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock - X99 Extreme3 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($146.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Kingston - ValueRAM 32GB (4 x 8GB) Registered DDR4-2400 Memory  ($345.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Samsung - 960 Pro 1.0TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($579.99 @ Dell Small Business) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB G1 ROCK Video Card  ($494.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Fractal Design - Define S ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ NCIX US) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.89 @ OutletPC) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($89.89 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: HP - Z27q 27.0" 5120x2880 60Hz Monitor  ($909.98 @ Directron) 
Total: $4528.57
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-07 09:18 EDT-0400

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

5 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

So its worth paying an extra $2000 for a pretty case that will not allow for full hardware performance. You could get an even better system for $5000 that would outclass the top end iMac pro for cheaper than the base model. 

People already spend massive amounts extra to get a form factor they want, to match a color scheme, or to add custom cooling. There are a lot of cost-ineffective things people do. But regardless, you're comparing a pre-built AIO to a custom built desktop -- they're targeting two very different demographics. That's like saying laptops are overpriced since you can get a comparable desktop for much less. You're also ignoring the cost of software -- FCP/LP are very cheap and are excellent compared to some commonly used competing software suites.

And yes it will thermal throttle. EVERY iMac has throttled in the past 6 years as there is not enough room for a decent heat sink and on top of that they are using hotter chips. Unless apple breaks the laws of physics then I guarantee it will throttle. I mean they couldnt even get top end desktop chips to not throttle let alone top end workstation and GPU chips. 

Apple completely redesigned the cooling system. There is a good chance it will throttle, but it also might not. Plus you also don't know to what extent it might throttle and under what conditions. Wait until the product is actually available before stating that it will throttle.  

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

People already spend massive amounts extra to get a form factor they want, to match a color scheme, or to add custom cooling. There are a lot of cost-ineffective things people do. But regardless, you're comparing a pre-built AIO to a custom built desktop -- they're targeting two very different demographics. That's like saying laptops are overpriced since you can get a comparable desktop for much less.

At least laptops have the advantage of being portable... What advantage does the iMac Pro have over a desktop PC? 

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

2 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

At least laptops have the advantage of being portable... What advantage does the iMac Pro have over a desktop PC? 

Compact AIO. That is as much of an advantage to some people as being portable is to others. I'd pay a 40%~ premium to use macOS and to get my desktop into an iMac form factor.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

3 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

People already spend massive amounts extra to get a form factor they want, to match a color scheme, or to add custom cooling. There are a lot of cost-ineffective things people do. But regardless, you're comparing a pre-built AIO to a custom built desktop -- they're targeting two very different demographics. That's like saying laptops are overpriced since you can get a comparable desktop for much less.

I know people spend tons of money to get the case and form factor of their dreams, but that is more on the enthusiast side. This demographic is targeted towards professionals. I have never seen a professional environment where they have custom cases or crazy form factors, they just want to get their work done as fast as possible rather than caring about looks. These will also be most likely purchase in bulk by businesses and if you need to buy 10,20,40 iMac pros, you are talking about 10s of thousands of dollars saved. The regular iMacs fit in your argument because like laptops vs desktop, form factor and looks are important to the customers but the iMac pros are a different story

3 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Apple completely redesigned the cooling system. There is a good chance it will throttle, but it also might not. Plus you also don't know to what extent it might throttle and under what conditions. Wait until the product is actually available before stating that it will throttle.  

Even with a completely redesigned cooling system there is only so much a cooler can dissipate. There is just too lit room for air flow, no matter how good the cooler is. So unless the fans crank up and sound like jets than I still am 100% positive it will throttle.  

4 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

I know people spend tons of money to get the case and form factor of their dreams, but that is more on the enthusiast side. This demographic is targeted towards professionals. I have never seen a professional environment where they have custom cases or crazy form factors, they just want to get their work done as fast as possible rather than caring about looks. These will also be most likely purchase in bulk by businesses and if you need to buy 10,20,40 iMac pros, you are talking about 10s of thousands of dollars saved. The regular iMacs fit in your argument because like laptops vs desktop, form factor and looks are important to the customers but the iMac pros are a different story

Even with a completely redesigned cooling system there is only so much a cooler can dissipate. There is just too lit room for air flow, no matter how good the cooler is. So unless the fans crank up and sound like jets than I still am 100% positive it will throttle.  

You'd be surprised what some businesses pay for. But also with a custom build you don't get warranty support on the system as a whole. There is a reason why most companies buy their desktop and servers from HP/Dell even though they could build them much cheaper themselves. 

Speaking of saving tens of thousands of dollars, IBM uses Macs heavily in certain sectors because they can save tons of money on tech support, there is more to things than just upfront costs. And again, you're still comparing a custom build to a prebuilt, which even when comparing desktop vs. desktop (and using other companies aside from Apple) still aren't great price/performance. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

58 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

You'd be surprised what some businesses pay for. But also with a custom build you don't get warranty support on the system as a whole. There is a reason why most companies buy their desktop and servers from HP/Dell even though they could build them much cheaper themselves. 

Speaking of saving tens of thousands of dollars, IBM uses Macs heavily in certain sectors because they can save tons of money on tech support. So, the argument goes both ways. 

Dell also sell prebuilt machines for around build it yourself prices that are covered under warranty just the same. Especially if you buy by the 10s, you could get them cheaper than built it yourself prices. 

And that IT companies say they save money by switching to Macs because its easier to upkeep is total BS. I have worked for two big companies, one with ~1000 pcs and 600 macs and the next one with ~1500pc and 1000 macs and if you have both setup properly, IT support is equal on both. I properly setup the images for both OSes once I started at both and tickets went from out of control to a few per day with most of them being related to user error or they just didnt know what to do. I hate that argument because its just not true if you are a halfway decent at your job and imaging pcs.

The fact is, you can't really get a heavy-duty AIO like this.  That doesn't mean it'll be the wisest purchasing decision for everyone, but I can definitely see an audience for companies that need, say, a host of 4K video or CAD editing stations and aren't concerned about upgrading internal storage.  I can imagine movie and TV studios loving this as an on-set video production system, because they often need more power than a laptop but don't relish the thought of lugging a whole conventional desktop (I work at a company that has had to do this).

And going to PCPartPicker to prop up the "Apple is always overpriced" stereotype?  Just... no.

Aside from the fact that @PCGuy_5960's particular choices are flawed (Windows 10 Home, not Pro?  A consumer NVIDIA card from 2016 versus a future pro AMD part?), the simple fact is that major manufacturers don't go shopping at Newegg to build their workstations.  The iMac Pro is a custom design with features you aren't going to get no matter how much you cross-shop at online stores... including this little thing called a warranty.   I'm not saying it's the best value ever, but comparisons are going to be much harder than spending a few minutes on a website.

On 6/6/2017 at 0:43 PM, patrick3027 said:

Nope, I'm pretty sure the 2016 new chassis base model had a 256 GB SSD. Anandtech agrees. Screenshot_20170606-092613.thumb.png.a9590787f75ba73e975c574a3fc64b70.png

But hey, at least they had the courage to think different I guess. Less is more after all (except when pricing is concerned). 

I have that one (non touch 256gb) at the time i bought it there were 2 options. the new slim 16 macbook pro and the 2015 chasis macbook pro which retired the model with the HDD. and now the new retired the old chasis but they kept the 128gb size.

//Case: Phanteks 400 TGE //Mobo: Asus x470-F Strix //CPU: R5 2600X //CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 //RAM: G-Skill RGB 3200mhz //HDD: WD Caviar Black 1tb //SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 250Gb //GPU: GTX 1050 Ti //PSU: Seasonic MII EVO m2 520W

1 hour ago, Commodus said:

The fact is, you can't really get a heavy-duty AIO like this.  That doesn't mean it'll be the wisest purchasing decision for everyone, but I can definitely see an audience for companies that need, say, a host of 4K video or CAD editing stations and aren't concerned about upgrading internal storage.  I can imagine movie and TV studios loving this as an on-set video production system, because they often need more power than a laptop but don't relish the thought of lugging a whole conventional desktop (I work at a company that has had to do this).

And going to PCPartPicker to prop up the "Apple is always overpriced" stereotype?  Just... no.

Aside from the fact that @PCGuy_5960's particular choices are flawed (Windows 10 Home, not Pro?  A consumer NVIDIA card from 2016 versus a future pro AMD part?), the simple fact is that major manufacturers don't go shopping at Newegg to build their workstations.  The iMac Pro is a custom design with features you aren't going to get no matter how much you cross-shop at online stores... including this little thing called a warranty.   I'm not saying it's the best value ever, but comparisons are going to be much harder than spending a few minutes on a website.

TV studios loving this? What studio renders on set? Also if it needed to be done, big studios have tons of remote servers that handle the rendering that will render it much faster that a mac pro. And iMacs are still a pain in the ass to travel with because aluminum, glass and parts are still heavy and with no real place to grab but edges that dig into your hand makes it a pain in the ass. There are small cases that can fit the hardware that is in the mac pro and are easier to transport. Only extra thing you are carrying is a monitor. 

Also then you point out that @PCGuy_5960 choices are flawed because he chose home over pro? Really? And a 1080 will still kick ass over the cards that will be in the mac pro even if its a "future pro AMD card". But I still dont see your argument with "custom design with features you aren't going to get no matter how much you cross-shop". What features are you talking about? In an AIO. There are no features you cant get in a desktop

This thread : Lol I don't understand why people use ECC + Lol thermal throttle + Who cares about size? (While owning an ITX machine). 

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

The iMac Pro looks awesome, i wish i had a need for it.

Also, I would kill for a Macbook Pro 15 with a dual core CPU and no dGPU. Maybe without a touchbar and only 2 TB3 ports...god that would be awesome...I want a bigger laptop with a bigger trackpad screen and battery, but without paying 2400 dollars for hardware i don't need

Aside from the fact that @PCGuy_5960's particular choices are flawed (Windows 10 Home, not Pro?  A consumer NVIDIA card from 2016 versus a future pro AMD part?)

Even if you use Windows 10 Pro, it still costs less than $4600. And this consumer Nvidia card kicks ass and believe me, it's going to outperform the "future" pro AMD part. (FYI, Vega was supposed to be released a year ago, so it technically is a 2016 card)

Anyways, here is a $4700 that kicks the Mac Pro's ass. Which decisions are flawed about this build?:

CPU: Intel - Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.2GHz 22-Core OEM/Tray Processor  ($1756.00 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($24.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock - X99 Extreme3 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($146.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Kingston - ValueRAM 32GB (4 x 8GB) Registered DDR4-2400 Memory  ($345.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Samsung - 960 Pro 1.0TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($579.99 @ Dell Small Business) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.89 @ OutletPC) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit  ($132.89 @ OutletPC) 
Other: Future AMD Pro part card thing ($700.00)
Total: $4776.59
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-07 15:17 EDT-0400

The iMac Pro is a custom design with features you aren't going to get no matter how much you cross-shop at online stores... including this little thing called a warranty.   I'm not saying it's the best value ever, but comparisons are going to be much harder than spending a few minutes on a website.

What features?

36 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

And a 1080 will still kick ass over the cards that will be in the mac pro even if its a "future pro AMD card".

And the 1080 won't thermal throttle at all and it will draw less power, which is really nice :D

38 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

There are no features you cant get in a desktop

Pliz man, you can't get a fancy apple logo with a desktop PC! /s

9 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Even if you use Windows 10 Pro, it still costs less than $4600. And this consumer Nvidia card kicks ass and believe me, it's going to outperform the "future" pro AMD part. (FYI, Vega was supposed to be released a year ago, so it technically is a 2016 card)

Anyways, here is a $4700 that kicks the Mac Pro's ass. Which decisions are flawed about this build?:

Total: $4776.59
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-07 15:17 EDT-0400

What features?

Is nobody going to mention how you used shitty budget tier parts?

A hyper 212 Evo? Really? Kingston Valueram?

That won't make up the cost difference obviously, but Apple doesn't use low quality stuff like a budget X99 motherboard from Asrock, or a shitty 5 year old cooler master cooler.

Why do you hate apple so much?

Just now, potoooooooo said:

Is nobody going to mention how you used shitty budget tier parts?

1 minute ago, potoooooooo said:

That won't make up the cost difference obviously, but Apple doesn't use low quality stuff like a budget X99 motherboard from Asrock, or a shitty 5 year old cooler master cooler.

Excuse me? Shitty budget parts? No X99 board is shitty all of them are high end and FYI, AsRock makes great boards.

2 minutes ago, potoooooooo said:

A hyper 212 Evo? Really?

And what is wrong with the 212 Evo, it is way better than the cooler that Apple is using....

3 minutes ago, potoooooooo said:

Kingston Valueram?

Alright, changed it...

Memory: Kingston - 32GB (4 x 8GB) Registered DDR4-2133 Memory  ($388.46 @ Amazon) 
Total: $4819.06
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-07 15:35 EDT-0400

2 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Excuse me? Shitty budget parts? No X99 board is shitty all of them are high end and FYI, AsRock makes great boards.

And what is wrong with the 212 Evo, it is way better than the cooler that Apple is using....

Alright, changed it...

Memory: Kingston - 32GB (4 x 8GB) Registered DDR4-2133 Memory  ($388.46 @ Amazon) 
Total: $4819.06
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-07 15:35 EDT-0400

You seriously just completely ignored my point, you biased fool.

It's not way better than what apple is using because we don't fucking know what apple is going to use or what it's going to be like

Asrock doesn't make bad boards, but it doesn't hold a candle to what apple will implement. The Extreme 3 is a bottom tier low quality X99 board from like 2014.

Also, you didn't answer my question, why do you hate apple so much?

Just now, potoooooooo said:

It's not way better than what apple is using because we don't fucking know what apple is going to use or what it's going to be like

Asrock doesn't make bad boards, but it doesn't hold a candle to what apple will implement. The Extreme 3 is a bottom tier low quality X99 board from like 2014.

screen_shot_2017-06-05_at_10.54.39_am_57

Here. The board that Apple is using is as bad as the Extreme3. But anyways, let's swap the board for a higher quality one, which is the AsRock X99 Extreme4 (uses the same components as the Extreme6 but lacks some of the bells and whistles) and let's add a Kraken X62:

CPU Cooler: NZXT - Kraken X62 Liquid CPU Cooler  ($158.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock - X99 Extreme4 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($149.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $4956.18
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-07 15:46 EDT-0400

Still cheaper than the iMac Pro and still better

6 minutes ago, potoooooooo said:

So what was your point? Was it this?

7 minutes ago, potoooooooo said:

18 minutes ago, potoooooooo said:

What makes Apples boards so much better? Reliability, features, ports? All are better on a budget board because it has more use than an AIO mb

Just now, mynameisjuan said:

What makes Apples boards so much better? Reliability, features, ports? All are better on a budget board because it has more use than an AIO mb

True, it's not like they are using some kind of high end overclocking board in their iMacs xD

On 6/5/2017 at 2:01 PM, randomhkkid said:

Lots of updates, mostly spec bumps. New iMac Pro. External GPU support through TB3. VR support through HTC Vive

iMac Pro

Capture.JPG.7890a5d68a208f936937f502e7447fff.JPG

• Up to 18 core Xeon
  • 128GB ECC RAM
  • Radeon Vega - No confirmation of VR support but it'd be strange if it didn't
  • 5K display
  • 4x Thunderbolt 3
  • Up to 4TB SSD
  • 5K display, 10 bit panel
  • Re-designed dual centrifugal fan thermal system
  • New black peripherals
  • External GPU support
  • Starting at $4999
  • Pictures
  Reveal hidden contents

screen_shot_2017-06-05_at_10.54.05_am_575px.pngscreen_shot_2017-06-05_at_10.54.39_am_575px.pngscreen_shot_2017-06-05_at_10.54.59_am_575px.pngscreen_shot_2017-06-05_at_10.58.20_am_575px.png

iMac 27

• VR support - HTC Vive support confirmed
  • Up to Radeon Pro 580
  • Up to 64GB RAM
  • Intel Kabylake
  • Up to 5K display, 10 bit panel
  • Dual Thunderbolt 3
  • External GPU support
  • See 21" section for pictures
  • Starting at $1799 for 5K

iMac 21

• Up to Radeon Pro 560
  • Intel Iris 640 as standard
  • Up to 32GB RAM
  • Intel Kabylake
  • Up to 4K display
  • Dual Thunderbolt 3
  • External GPU support
  • Starting at $1099 and $1299 for 4K
  • Pictures
  Reveal hidden contents

screen_shot_2017-06-05_at_10.41.59_am_575px.pngscreen_shot_2017-06-05_at_10.42.50_am_575px.pngscreen_shot_2017-06-05_at_10.43.10_am_575px.pngscreen_shot_2017-06-05_at_10.44.14_am_575px.pngscreen_shot_2017-06-05_at_10.44.41_am_575px.pngscreen_shot_2017-06-05_at_10.44.58_am_575px.pngscreen_shot_2017-06-05_at_10.51.19_am_575px.png

Portable Mac spec bumps

• Kabylake for most models
  • Macbook Air gets a Mhz bump
  • Pictures
  Reveal hidden contents

screen_shot_2017-06-05_at_10.51.44_am_575px.png

New OS: MacOS High Sierra

• Faster Javascript in Safari
  • More editing tools in Photos - Edits carry over to Photoshop (Presumably that means it uses Adobe compatible layers)
  • Metal2 API for Graphics - 10X draw call improvement over Metal
  • External GPU support through thunderbolt 3 - Dev kit features TB3 + RX 580
  • HEVC/H.265 decode and encode support
  • AFS file system from iOS - Instant file duplication
  • Pictures
  Reveal hidden contents

screen_shot_2017-06-05_at_10.29.34_am_575px.pngscreen_shot_2017-06-05_at_10.31.29_am_575px.pngscreen_shot_2017-06-05_at_10.34.23_am_575px.pngscreen_shot_2017-06-05_at_10.34.40_am_575px.pngscreen_shot_2017-06-05_at_10.35.23_am_575px.pngscreen_shot_2017-06-05_at_10.39.24_am_575px.pngscreen_shot_2017-06-05_at_10.40.42_am_575px.png

Done editing. Please @ mention me if I missed anything.

Sources: http://www.anandtech.com/show/11515/the-apple-wwdc-2017-live-blog

https://www.apple.com/apple-events/june-2017/

found this gem on today's video 

Capture.JPG

55 minutes ago, potoooooooo said:

snip

Not to mention the $5000 version is for the ENTRY level device.... the top end one is probably going to be MANY thousand dollars more.

There is no way to spin this to be other than a huge ripoff.

And it WILL thermal throttle.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Nvm

Edited by PCGuy_5960

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

It's the only 5K display available :P The 5K display on the iMac is really nice, I'll give you that.

5k as in 5000 dollars, not the screen ;)

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Just now, Curufinwe_wins said:

5k as in 5000 dollars, not the screen ;)

Oh I thought you meant the display xD Definitely, and do you know what you can get for $10K? A 44 core Windows PC :P