The Breadbox (~2.3L box of fun)

Hey uh don't worry this isn't dead. Still waiting on that print, but everything else is ready. I'm considering a few things though:

- Buy a VLP DDR4 SODIMM from Apacer or Innodisk.
- Make the case a tad smaller vertically.
- Designing small units that could house audio equipment, HDDs, fans...etc. Completely optional, so keeping the case at its current volume.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

9 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Hey uh don't worry this isn't dead. Still waiting on that print, but everything else is ready. I'm considering a few things though:

- Buy a VLP DDR4 SODIMM from Apacer or Innodisk.
- Make the case a tad smaller vertically.
- Designing small units that could house audio equipment, HDDs, fans...etc. Completely optional, so keeping the case at its current volume.

R E P R I N T

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

13 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

More like broke the printer xD

Printer jams are so much more interesting in 3D

3d-printing-fails-2.jpg

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 hour ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Doing a printhead upgrade

make it do 0.1mm resolution

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I have smaller nozzles but they exponentially increase print time.

what were you going to use, like 0.4?

58 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

what were you going to use, like 0.4?

Thats the plan, but pending @TheRandomness's choice I might try a larger nozzle for lower res but prints that don't take 30 hours

1 minute ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Printing with a larger diameter nozzle for shorter pront times but a bit less resolution

Oh ok.
I mean tbh after almost a year in design, and a few months in production, I think a few more hours make little difference now.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

29 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Thats the plan, but pending @TheRandomness's choice I might try a larger nozzle for lower res but prints that don't take 30 hours

If it's not a problem to you, I was thinking may as well go the other way and have a higher res that takes 120 hours :P

9 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

If it's not a problem to you, I was thinking may as well go the other way and have a higher res that takes 120 hours :P

Its a problem because A. I have to sleep with this thing going and B. the longer it runs, the higher the chance of something going wrong

Just now, iamdarkyoshi said:

Its a problem because A. I have to sleep with this thing going and B. the longer it runs, the higher the chance of something going wrong

rip :(

4 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Well rip
Print with the 0.4mm nozzle, then print out a shroud and ducting for it so you can print throughout the night without suffocating on CO fumes.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

2 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

Well rip
Print with the 0.4mm nozzle, then print out a shroud and ducting for it so you can print throughout the night without suffocating on CO fumes.

uhh, are these known to release CO?  I had never heard of such a thing but if so I feel like that's a serious safety issue.

16 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

uhh, are these known to release CO?  I had never heard of such a thing but if so I feel like that's a serious safety issue.

Not PLA.

PLA is a friendly plastic.

ABS... yeah get that shit out of the room when printing, it STINKS.

3 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Not PLA.

PLA is a friendly plastic.

ABS... yeah get that shit out of the room when printing, it STINKS.

I still think you should have used tungsten tetraboride with Javanese white ash accents but apparently that's "too hard to print"

air-quotes.gif

4 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I still think you should have used tungsten tetraboride with Javanese white ash accents but apparently that's "too hard to print"

I do have some pretty wacky filaments, including one thats mostly clay

"Yoshi, why is my PC a flowerpot"

2 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I do have some pretty wacky filaments, including one thats mostly clay

"Yoshi, why is my PC a flowerpot"

That could be good... the breadbee needs flowers

Spoiler

for those who've forgotten the reference because this has taken so long

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Spoiler

V2-Assembled.png

Another render lmao.

@iamdarkyoshi Don't print it just yet- Oh wait.

This is the latest design.  Here's some more shots:

003.png.946650d854af4fa7294651e45863f1e1.png002.png.1d34de79db6ac736d564aee148840466.png

Most notably, you will see:

• Designated places to install magnets that hold it together
  • Additional USB ports moved to the other side
  • The GPU shelf is simpler and more cutout
  • Relocation of power button from side to front

Although these changes are compared with what I would consider the previous "major revision", which actually wasn't posted as far as I can tell.  The images above this most recent post are actually from a rather old model (with the exception of the top one of course)

Below is what should have been posted, but we're beyond that now so it's "just for the record" I guess :P

Spoiler

Rear-Left-1-open.png.7d6f3ed6c54b75ac03fb9208cdc29eae.pngFront-Right-1-open.png.73d9d44b58b1537e992858d489d19f33.pngFront-Right-1-closed.png.639cd9063075f18d29a72f287427817f.pngFront-Left-1-open.png.7f8e3a87591dc0888189e87d61adad4f.pngFront-Left-1-closed.png.4de0d401045c3380131c0ea6875deff7.png

The main differences are the GPU shelf cutout and the DC jack placement, which incidentally has been moved back since xD

Well if you make one that can take an ITX board, or if its easy to extend it so it will, I really want to print one tbh. School has 3D printers I can use(though this is a pretty major print so I'm probably going to have to pay for material) and I now have a spare ITX board around

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016