How fast is the LTT member's internet connection?

zephiK

How fast is it?  

3,701 members have voted

1. 1. To which continent are you from?

2. 2. How is your internet connection delivered to your home?

• DSL
    • Cable
    • Fiber to the (x) or FTT(x)
    • Mobile broadband (HSPA+, LTE, WiMax, EDGE, EV-DO, CDMA, etc)
    • Satellite Internet
    • Dial-up
    • Power line internet/broadband over powerline
    • Some other method (specify in the comments)
    • government subsidized municipal/town wifi
  3. 3. How much do you pay for your home internet (in US dollars)

4. 4. How fast is your connection (download speed in megabits per second)?

5. 5. Do you at least get ≥80% service reliability from your current ISP?

6. 6. Is your current home internet limited by a data cap?

• It's unlimited data baby!
    • Yup, my internet is unfortunately capped
  7. 7. Will you stay with your current ISP?

• Yes at the moment until someone offers something better
    • Yes, I'm a loyal customer
    • Yes because I have no choice
    • No, I'm switching soon
    • No, I'm switching later (specify why in the comments)

4885706469.png

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

4885698844.png

CPU: AMD FX-6300 @3.8 GHz     |     Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper Evo 212     |     RAM: G.Skill NS Series 4x4GB      |       Motherboard: GIGABYTE 990FXA     |     Case: Antec One     |     Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270x HAWK    |    PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G2    |     HDD: 1 WD Black (Programs Files), 1 WD Caviar Blue (Boot)     |     KB & M: Cooler Master Storm Devastator Blue     |     Speakers: Logitech Z506     |     UPS:  CyberPower 1500w     |

Every time you use comic sans, one programmer dies.

4896038689.png

Genesis 2:1|CPU- FX8320E|GPU- Asus R7 250X 2gb|RAM- 16GB Team DDR3 1866mhz|MOBO- Asus Sabertooth 990FX|HDD- WD 1TB|SSD- SD 240GB|PSU- 620w|OS-Win764HP|

Laptops:|Dell Latitude E6320 - CPU: i5-2520M - RAM: 6GB - HDD: 500GB - OS: Win 7 64U|Dell Inspiron 1525 - CPU: Celeron 540 - RAM: 1GB - HDD: 80GB - OS Win 7 32HP|

Internet via coaxial, I wish it was fibre and faster

4813753269.png

Coaxial isn't bad I have coax 4897252457.png

Coaxial isn't bad I have coax 4897252457.png

yes it isnt that bad, exept that we could get 40/40 fiber  for little bit less money a month than what my dad pays for that 21/5, if the companies that put down fiber in my area did not said no because there are too many old people that do not want to pay for fiber in my street.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

yes it isnt that bad, exept that we could get 40/40 fiber for little bit less money a month than what my dad pays for that 21/5, if the companies that put down fiber in my area did not said no because there are too many old people that do not want to pay for fiber in my street.

That's annoying but 40/40 fiber is still really slow... But if your street wants fibre the people have to pay for it? That's weird... Where I live the cable company pays for the infrastructure and they upgrade it so their customers are happy :)

That's annoying but 40/40 fiber is still really slow... But if your street wants fibre the people have to pay for it? That's weird... Where I live the cable company pays for the infrastructure and they upgrade it so their customers are happy :)

I know 40/40 is still slow, but thats how my dad is, he just want to use a amount of money a month, and what speeds you can get from that money is what we have.

you dont have to pay for the infrastructure, (if you do not count the montly cost), but for the cable company to put down fiber, it must be a minimum people in a area that want fiber. and I just happen to live in a area with to many old people that dont want to pay exstra a month for fiber, if they use internett, they probably think its fine with copper, maybe 5/1 or somethin shit.

but if you want fiber to a place that dont have fiber close to it, then you have to pay for the infrastructure (or some of it)

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 

-Stephen Hawking

I know 40/40 is still slow, but thats how my dad is, he just want to use a amount of money a month, and what speeds you can get from that money is what we have.

you dont have to pay for the infrastructure, (if you do not count the montly cost), but for the cable company to put down fiber, it must be a minimum people in a area that want fiber. and I just happen to live in a area with to many old people that dont want to pay exstra a month for fiber, if they use internett, they probably think its fine with copper, maybe 5/1 or somethin shit.

but if you want fiber to a place that dont have fiber close to it, then you have to pay for the infrastructure (or some of it)

Ok that's reasonable :) I seriously don't understand how people can live with less than 10 down. You can't even watch a HD youtube video or play online games...

Ok that's reasonable :) I seriously don't understand how people can live with less than 10 down. You can't even watch a HD youtube video or play online games...

I did have 5/1 before (two years ago or something) and I absolutely hated it. I did say probably 3 times a week that I wanted something better to my dad. I want better than 21/2, but thats probably not gonna happen before I get a real job. (I am a student, if you didnt know)

5/1 is a pain, at least when you have a brother that also want to play games and watch youtube. both could see 720p at the same time, but then we had to pause the video sometimes every 10 minutes or something. one could see 1080p if nothing else happened at all. and if one of us watched youtube, even 720p, you could not play online game without noticing lag sometimes.(youtube does not use the same speed all the time) and downloading games that are 15 gb did take like 8 hours +, and when you did, no one else could do anything.

those time I was mad at my brother for watching youtube when I wanted to play games....

with 21/1 you can at least play online while somone watches 1080p youtube.

but play games was normaly fine if thats the only thing you did, when we both did it.

and we found out that Team Fortress 2 uses more internet while playing online than a lot of other games, like Battlefield 3.

I think that was more the upload than download, because we did not get 1 up, we did get like 0,5-6.

-Stephen Hawking

Thought I'd post a follow-up to the <1Mbps speeds I showed earlier while on school wifi

4901114273.png

See, the actually do have a good connection, they are just completely useless at creating a functional wireless network

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I did have 5/1 before (two years ago or something) and I absolutely hated it. I did say probably 3 times a week that I wanted something better to my dad. I want better than 21/2, but thats probably not gonna happen before I get a real job. (I am a student, if you didnt know)

5/1 is a pain, at least when you have a brother that also want to play games and watch youtube. both could see 720p at the same time, but then we had to pause the video sometimes every 10 minutes or something. one could see 1080p if nothing else happened at all. and if one of us watched youtube, even 720p, you could not play online game without noticing lag sometimes.(youtube does not use the same speed all the time) and downloading games that are 15 gb did take like 8 hours +, and when you did, no one else could do anything.

those time I was mad at my brother for watching youtube when I wanted to play games....

with 21/1 you can at least play online while somone watches 1080p youtube.

but play games was normaly fine if thats the only thing you did, when we both did it.

and we found out that Team Fortress 2 uses more internet while playing online than a lot of other games, like Battlefield 3.

I think that was more the upload than download, because we did not get 1 up, we did get like 0,5-6.

5/1 is really terrible I had 10/1 2 years ago and I thought that was terrible.

5/1 is really terrible I had 10/1 2 years ago and I thought that was terrible.

yes, that what I said, its terrible

-Stephen Hawking

qlAcVnX.png

CPUIntel Core i7-4790K 4.8GHz Moherboard: MSI Z97 SLI Krait Edition Memory: HyperX FURY White 24GB DDR3 1866MHz GPU: Asus GTX 970 Turbo

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750w SSD: Crucial MX200 250GB HDDWB Blue 1TB Monitor: (2x) BenQ GL2460HM 24-Inch Case: NZXT S340 White

On a Wisp in the Uk, should be 4.5 / 1 without

4907862077.png

---- Dell T7500 : 2x X5660 : 56Gb : HD7850 2Gb : Vx24AH 1440p@69Hz  ---- ThinkServer T410 : E3-1225 : 16Gb ---- QNAP NAS ---- Ubiquiti AC Network gear ----

16ms ping, 130mb/s down, 3.78mb/s up(we have a business to run, it needs to be fast :P).

Thought I'd post a follow-up to the <1Mbps speeds I showed earlier while on school wifi

See, the actually do have a good connection, they are just completely useless at creating a functional wireless network

oh my fuckin lordy lordy god!! that is a fast motherf'n connection :0 :0

16ms ping, 130mb/s down, 3.78mb/s up(we have a business to run, it needs to be fast :P).

That's not really fast especially the upload but maybe where you live it is :)

(But fast enough)

13.3USD/month according to the converter I used :P

4912952628.png

must.. resist... urge to ... move.... 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4604459658.png will get 50mbits next year yeiy

Pretty much mine. My ISP has been promising fiber for months, maybe even years, yet nothing.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

c3MmpfH.png

Comcast saying we're being upgraded to 300/75 early next year. Definitely hope that's true :D

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4.7GHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 | Motherboard: X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB | Case: NCase M1 v6.0 | SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo+ 1TB, 860 Evo 1TB | CPU Cooler: H100i ELITE CAPELLIX | MonitorsLG 27GN950-B 4K 165Hz |