Sennheiser HD598

Go to solution Solved by MayflowerElectronics,

Get the 558's instead. They sound nearly identical and cost less.

Yes they sound good.

I'm merely trying to find out why they sound the same from him and he refuses to tell me. Am I discrediting him? Yep. Making a claim they are the basically the same doesn't make it true. Especially when every other review I've read say the 598's are a nice upgrade from the 558's. 

Yes, I mistype. What's your point? 

A nice looking Upgreyed.

LoL I don't even get what he was trying to "troll". @FluffyNuggets are you looking for a description of the sound difference between the 558 and 598? (sorry, a worded difference)

I'm not trolling but him going around with his title saying he owns an electronic store so he knows more than everyone is bogus. Especially when he won't even explain anything about anything. He shouldn't be a bigwig around here when he's pulling that stuff. I'm sorry but that's how I feel!

As entertaining this may be to read, this is no longer relevant to the thread. I know I'm in no authority to say this, but I'd say just leave the thread alone and move on, the thread is already marked answered.

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K (Stock Speed)  Motherboard: Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mark-S  Memory: 4x8GB Klevv GENUINE DDR3 1600MHz GPU: EVGA GTX 550Ti PSU: Corsair RM850

Yes, I mistype. What's your point? 

I just find it really ironic that in the same sentence where you insultingly suggest someone take an English class, you make a grammatical error.

I'm merely trying to find out why they sound the same from him and he refuses to tell me. Am I discrediting him? Yep. Making a claim they are the basically the same doesn't make it true. Especially when every other review I've read say the 598's are a nice upgrade from the 558's.

Ok will you take a "suggested opinion" from me if I told you I've listened to both?

As entertaining this may be to read, this is no longer relevant to the thread. I know I'm in no authority to say this, but I'd say just leave the thread alone and move on, the thread is already marked answered.

Okay, I'll leave. Still not buying his creds though and stuff like that should be handed out to everyone because it gives the wrong impression to people. People will see his title and automatically assume his advice is the best when it probably isn't. 

Just saying, but I'm out!

Entertaining indeed, thanks for the starter, you have improved by hump day by proxy.

woaw he hates the words same or similar...I fucken love those words, how else would I be able to communicate that something is like something else. Using those words don't discredit the information it's just another way of describing something. Why is that such a big deal?

Well the troll can't get his head around polysyllabic words so we need to find some new ones that he better understands.  I suggest ass and hole

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Ok will you take a "suggested opinion" from me if I told you I've listened to both?

Yes but I already own 598's. It's not about what he thinks sounds good, its the fact he just says this is the same as that when they are different. You tell him otherwise he pulls the title card. It's about trying to help people, not pass on misleading information just because you think you're an expert. 

Well the troll can't get his head around polysyllabic words so we need to find some new ones that he better understands.  I suggest ass and hole

When he uses only those words to confirm his point it doesn't work. It's just a crutch for him to hide behind so he doesn't have to explain anything. He's a poser, simple as that!

Yes but I already own 598's. It's not about what he thinks sounds good, its the fact he just says this is the same as that when they are different. You tell him otherwise he pulls the title card. It's about trying to help people, not pass on misleading information just because you think you're an expert. 

Different looking.

I thought you were leaving? Factual graphs of the measurement of how a headphone sounds is not misleading information btw.

Different looking.

They are not just different looking. See crap like this is why I started all this! You guys speak on BS personal views as if they are somehow fact. 

Okay, I'll leave. Still not buying his creds though and stuff like that should be handed out to everyone because it gives the wrong impression to people. People will see his title and automatically assume his advice is the best when it probably isn't. 

Just saying, but I'm out!

I see you have activated his creditably card, but...

trap-card-2.jpg

I thought you were leaving? Factual graphs of the measurement of how a headphone sounds is not misleading information btw.

How dare you use scientifically derived empirical evidence to support your opinions. :rolleyes: :P

They are not just different looking. See crap like this is why I started all this! You guys speak on BS personal views as if they are somehow fact. 

You admit you started all this just so you could argue that someone's opinion is wrong?   :rolleyes:  We have reached a new level of ignorance people.  Tread carefully we don't were this will end.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

How dare you use scientifically derived empirical evidence to support your opinions. :rolleyes: :P

You admit you started all this just so you could argue that someone's opinion is wrong?   :rolleyes:  We have reached a new level of ignorance people.  Tread carefully we don't were this will end.

How do you be better then me, how do your know what you are talking about. How dare I be inferior then you.

Hey look, all those lines so close together. I guess they must all be the exact same thing when you actually use them right? You guys are experts because you look at a graph and then recommend others what to buy without actually using them?

Yeah keep that advice because I'd much rather talk to somebody who actually owns them and can tell me how they sound. I guess I should start throwing graphs out there because I have no damn idea what I'm talking about! I guess I would fit right in with the rest of you guys lol. 

Hey look, all those lines so close together. I guess they must all be the exact same thing when you actually use them right? You guys are experts because you look at a graph and then recommend others what to buy without actually using them?

Yeah keep that advice because I'd much rather talk to somebody who actually owns them and can tell me how they sound. I guess I should start throwing graphs out there because I have no damn idea what I'm talking about! I guess I would fit right in with the rest of you guys lol. 

I've owned the 555's, 598's and HD 600's. They all roughly sound the same. So there is your advice from someone who actually owned them all.

Oh no,  He's worked it out!!!! everyone listen,   If we want to keep pretending we like headphones and stuff we are going to have to go a buy some. :rolleyes: 

No I'm attacking his character after he said "He owns and electronic store so he knows what he's doing." What about his job gives him insider experience exactly into everything audio? I'm sure the dude at the local Best Buy electronics install knows more than this guy does and he doesn't own a business. 

As far as I can tell, all you guys getting mad don't know much either. All you do is post a graph and that's it! Way to cement how right you are. Maybe you should actually use stuff before bashing it!

And the truth is finally revealed. Yet another person wanting to justify their own purchases by seeking death on a fellow poster. Ahhhh now we get it.

Seriously Fluffy, he isn't incorrect to say they're similar. I didn't see any mention of him saying the 598 were bad, he said:

They sound nearly identical and cost less.

Yes they sound good.

If you think about it he actually said "YES the 598 sound good".

So now it almost sounds like you're discrediting someone for actually saying you have good headphones too.

Sounds like @MayflowerElectronics was actually trying to help out someone and save them money on a purchase (kinda the opposite of a salesman to me). At no point did he tell them to purchase something of his and overcharge that person.

I don't think anyone on here is an expert. Damn everyone else knows I definitely am not. But doesn't mean I'm not willing to read someone elses opinion / experience / data point to come to an educated deduction.

Why does it matter if he has an affiliate title? does it make his suggestion any LESS credited?

As far as I can tell, all you guys getting mad don't know much either. All you do is post a graph and that's it! Way to cement how right you are. Maybe you should actually use stuff before bashing it!

Oh crap ok we've been made guys. Everyone bail.

oh-fuck.jpg