AMD Ryzen Master 1.01 Update - Correct Temps for 1800x,1700x,1600x

Today Ryzen master released update 1.01. This takes away the 20C offset for the 1800x, 1700x, and 1600x respectively so you get accurate temps, not 20C offset. Here is a pic of the updated Ryzen Master temps on the left and my corsair link using junction temperature, rather than tCTL which it has been.

New Ryzen Master version download -https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/ryzen-master

Update article -https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2017/04/06/amd-ryzen-community-update-3

Unclocked cpu to show difference. The actual temps show up left, the offset temps on the right. Almost a 25C difference!

qAP6mED.jpg

Hopefully now people can get more overclocking headroom out of their system.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

With all the updates to the OSs and the firmware of all the hardware i hope tech channels and blogs are planning a 6 month re-test or something to see how much the results have changed. Its one thing ive always found rather strange about testing of GPUs in particular because all the sites will normally test with beta drivers and then rarely if ever go back to update it a month or so later when newer versions of drivers can massively change the performance in some workloads.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

9 minutes ago, silberdrachi said:

With all the updates to the OSs and the firmware of all the hardware i hope tech channels and blogs are planning a 6 month re-test or something to see how much the results have changed. Its one thing ive always found rather strange about testing of GPUs in particular because all the sites will normally test with beta drivers and then rarely if ever go back to update it a month or so later when newer versions of drivers can massively change the performance in some workloads.

@nicklmg @LinusTech I imagine it would be a massive ammount of work but is there something like this on the horizon for Ryzen at LTT?

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

Notebook:  HP Spectre x360 13" late 2018

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

Cool. Did they fix it crashing all the time at high voltages? Regardless, the update is appreciated.

I have MSI Command Center installed because I have a MSI board. should I install Ryzen Master as well?

5 minutes ago, Rune said:

Cool. Did they fix it crashing all the time at high voltages? Regardless, the update is appreciated.

Bios updates upon bios updates my friend.

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

3 minutes ago, HUSKER222 said:

I have MSI Command Center installed because I have a MSI board. should I install Ryzen Master as well?

If you have a ryzen cpu for now I would have it so you can actually see the real temperatures.

ok yes i do i have a Ryzen 1800x

Can i leave the MSI Command Center on there? I have alot of the MSI apps because i have the MSI peripherals.

Just now, HUSKER222 said:

Can i leave the MSI Command Center on there? I have alot of the MSI apps because i have the MSI peripherals.

Course, that doesn't matter, we finally just can see the actual temps of those 3 cpu's so when overclocking we get actual numbers.

These releases and fixes and stuff got me excited :D Might be going for 1600 as soon as i have the money to pair it with a 480 or 1060 :D

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T |Asus M4A88T-M |A-DATA 8 GB(4x2) @1333|Asus R7 360 2G OC|Asus TA-M1|Hitachi 7211 1TB|Fortron 460W|Windows 10 pro 64

2 minutes ago, Thinkfreely said:

Course, that doesn't matter, we finally just can see the actual temps of those 3 cpu's so when overclocking we get actual numbers.

One more quick question on my main board (im not overclocked btw) it gives me a temp gage it sits around 51c and it matches what MSI Command Center says. Do you think once i Install this Ryzen Master it will make it even cooler?  or will it just give me a better read? im sorry if im asking the same thing just worded differently also im very new to AMD so of course I went with their new technology right lol

4 minutes ago, HUSKER222 said:

One more quick question on my main board (im not overclocked btw) it gives me a temp gage it sits around 51c and it matches what MSI Command Center says. Do you think once i Install this Ryzen Master it will make it even cooler?  or will it just give me a better read? im sorry if im asking the same thing just worded differently also im very new to AMD so of course I went with their new technology right lol

No I am happy to help, you can always follow me and ask questions, I really enjoy helping out :D But as far as that goes, no it won't change how the MSI reads the board (Least no update for that right now) but it will show the correct temps of the cpu, rather than 20C higher so if you do overclock you will know exactly where its at, and not freak out if the CPU's in the 80c range.

ok. I was actually seeing soms 80C temps without overclocking initially. My board was having a hard time controlling the pump because i had it plugged into the extenders that came with the cooler and it was powered by a sata connector. I did get the temps down and now under heavy load i dont seem to break 60 but im going to install that ryzen master now.

interesting i turned on Ryzen Master and it says my temp is 32C but my board is reading 51c. hmmm why would the numbers be so off? also ryzen says im running at 2ghz but msi says 3.6. those numbers are all so different.

image1 (6).JPG

image1 (7).JPG

29 minutes ago, HUSKER222 said:

interesting i turned on Ryzen Master and it says my temp is 32C but my board is reading 51c. hmmm why would the numbers be so off?

So the thing again is that the 1800x, 1700x, and 1600x all report 20c higher then they ACTUALLY are. So the Msi temp is wrong, showing that 20c offset, Ryzen Master is correct showing the actual junction heat. Far as the 2.2 that is obviously wrong.

cool so you think that the 2.2 is just reading wrong or do i need to scale that up?

On 11/04/2017 at 6:12 PM, Thinkfreely said:

So the thing again is that the 1800x, 1700x, and 1600x all report 20c higher then they ACTUALLY are. So the Msi temp is wrong, showing that 20c offset, Ryzen Master is correct showing the actual junction heat. Far as the 2.2 that is obviously wrong.

i did just try to run a game and alt tab while it was going for a while to see if it would scale up as it needed but it stayed at 2.2

no i did not reboot (I will now) I have the mobo i have is MSI X370 Gaming Titanium

boot times also. Out of control literally takes minutes on a SSD. i did time it once and it was 60 seconds exact but usually i swear it takes longer sometimes.

11 minutes ago, HUSKER222 said:

boot times also. Out of control literally takes minutes on a SSD. i did time it once and it was 60 seconds exact but usually i swear it takes longer sometimes.

Still getting wrong readings?

yes 2.2ghz still. side question are you getting long boot times as well?

2 minutes ago, HUSKER222 said:

yes 2.2ghz still. side question are you getting long boot times as well?

Yes, but I don't have quick start enabled as my cpu is overclocked so my power settings are a little different. But no I am not running into your issue. Is the boot long, pre-post or after posting?

no boot times have just always been long on this machine. I have windows installed on its own SSD. but when i hit the power button it takes what feels like a long time for the "Enthusiast Gaming" logo to pup up and then it stays there for like a whole minute and i get the turning circles in dots and then it boots into windows and once in windows it all seems to run smoothly. But, its honestly the slowest booting machine i think ive seen since i got back into computer about 5 years ago.

**EDIT** i dont have fast boot enabled either but i dont feel that should make a difference. My other PC (i know its a different computer and its an i7) has an MSI board and no fast boot but its like 10 seconds from pressign the button to being in windows.

1 minute ago, HUSKER222 said:

no boot times have just always been long on this machine. I have windows installed on its own SSD. but when i hit the power button it takes what feels like a long time for the "Enthusiast Gaming" logo to pup up and then it stays there for like a whole minute and i get the turning circles in dots and then it boots into windows and once in windows it all seems to run smoothly. But, its honestly the slowest booting machine i think ive seen since i got back into computer about 5 years ago.

Hard to say why. Could be the motherboard as the tech is so new, are you running latest bios version? Have you looking up if others with that setup are having similar issues?