Work with Amazon

KhalFuego

I want to use the amazon link so you get it but I'm not always sure if it is working, can you work with Amazon and a header or something when I'm using the LTT amazon thing?

Just now, KhalFuego said:

I want to use the amazon link so you get it but I'm not always sure if it is working, can you work with Amazon and a header or something when I'm using the LTT amazon thing?

what?

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

what?

Yeah I know I'm not 100% sure what I am talking about, but you know how he does the What the Viewers bought videos? It's when we used the affiliate thing and bought what we wanted on Amazon, I just wanted a way to be sure I was on the affiliate weblink. 

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

what?

If he uses an affiliate link, he wants some confirmation on the Amazon page showing money will go to the affiliate.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Just now, DeadEyePsycho said:

If he uses an affiliate link, he wants some confirmation on the Amazon page showing money will go to the affiliate.

yes, thank you for being able to explain it way better than I could

Great idea, but that'd be within Amazon's jurisdiction more than LTT's. Better to bring it up with them.

Christian 

Use the following style specs in your sig to spread the LTT revolution!

Rig Specs:

Screeninator: Gigabyte GeForce GTX960

Powermathingy: Corsair CX600W

Stickiminator: 2x G.Skill ARES 4GB DDR3-1866

Procrastinator: AMD FX-8350 @4.1GHz 1.3V

Holdametalicizor: DIYPC Gamemax-BK

Noisoundacreator: Cyber Acoustics CA-3072 (loudamagargle) Onn Wireless FM Radio Headset (earamagargle)

Attachamathingy: ASRock 990FX Extreme9

Remembrerthing: Western Digital 1TB Blue, Western Digital 40GB Blue

Flat-Colorful-Thing: Acer K272HL

See-A-Move-O: Logitech Hyperion Fury G402

ButtonBoard: Cooler Master CMSTORM Devastator Blue

Talkamagargle: Blue Snowball Ice

The thing is, while lots of people use Amazon links like that, it's not actually how amazon intends them to be used. In theory, you are not suppose to realise that the link you clicked was an affiliate link all, you just clicked a link from within a website and decided to buy it. I doubt that amazon will do this. 

HTTP/2 203

4 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

The thing is, while lots of people use Amazon links like that, it's not actually how amazon intends them to be used. In theory, you are not suppose to realise that the link you clicked was an affiliate link all, you just clicked a link from within a website and decided to buy it. I doubt that amazon will do this. 

I think LMG got problems with them saying use our affiliate link on their videos from amazon, amazon blocked their affiliate account iirc. Can you confirm this @nicklmg ?

So this will probably not happen since it's not suppost to be used in this way.

If you look at the URL it would have something to do with LTT, Maybe something like LinusTech or LinusTechTips

Hello

13 hours ago, mikat said:

I think LMG got problems with them saying use our affiliate link on their videos from amazon, amazon blocked their affiliate account iirc. Can you confirm this @nicklmg ?

That's weird, I guess they don't want people to use affiliate links cause they get less money. It's the only reason I use Amazon specifically cause I know LTT gets something more from it 

17 hours ago, mikat said:

The purpose of affiliate links is to divert people from videos to Amazon. So saying to use links wasn't the issue. But they were telling viewers to replace bookmarks with their affiliate code which is against ToS of affiliate program. Nothing prevents you from doing that anyway, but affiliated party can't just recommend their viewership for doing so.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

The purpose of affiliate links is to divert people from videos to Amazon. So saying to use links wasn't the issue. But they were telling viewers to replace bookmarks with their affiliate code which is against ToS of affiliate program. Nothing prevents you from doing that anyway, but affiliated party can't just recommend their viewership for doing so.

Oh yeah that was it, thanks :D