Office/Game Room Remodel

Eddie Current

From kids room to office game room!

Started with an idea and some wood.

IMG_5248.JPG

First time to hang tile. learned that having a tile saw is a must have.

IMG_5249.JPG

Granite guys made did a great job installing the tops. If your in the Houston area give Majestic Stone Texas a Call!

IMG_5314.JPGIMG_5316.JPGIMG_5324.JPG

Started putting the first coats of primer and paint on the bottom shelves. Still need to finish the ends where the tile meets the end and touch-up the walls..

IMG_5337.JPG

Used Bondo brand wood filler for the most part but tried a water based filler on the end of the desk (below), not a fan, took way longer to dry.

IMG_5338.JPG

Hit the Funny Button!    :D     The more you press it the funnier you get  :)

---------------------------------------------->

Projekt Wasserturm  Office/Game Room Remodel

Ordered some RGB LEDs with controller, power supply and some extra RGB wire so I could add some lights to the desks. Each roll came with 16ft of LEDs and I used 12ft (6ft on top and 6ft on bottom). I cut and soldered a jumper (RGB w/power) from top to bottom (can be seen at the left corner). Please keep in mind i still have some painting left to do so the wiring will needs to be installed in a more permanent fashion at a later date.

One of the things I needed to do is remote the IR sensor so I could change the LEDs from anywhere in the room.

IMG_5355.JPGIMG_5357.JPGIMG_5358.JPGIMG_5359.JPGIMG_5361.JPGIMG_5364.JPGIMG_5365.JPG

IMG_5370.JPG

IMG_5371.JPG

Awesome bro. But why the bottom panel? Do you put your feet on top of it or under it. 

- snip-

38 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Awesome bro. But why the bottom panel? Do you put your feet on top of it or under it. 

It's just big enough to put a mid tower, UPS or anything else on that you don't want on the floor or on the top of the desk.

and yes, you can rest your feet on it :)

On 11/03/2017 at 7:48 PM, Eddie Current said:

It's just big enough to put a mid tower, UPS or anything else on that you don't want on the floor or on the top of the desk.

and yes, you can rest your feet on it :)

Still looks a bit wierd for me, but hey, you do you! 

- snip-

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't like the way the bottom shelf looked so I sanded both down and repainted. Filled some nail holes and repaint of the walls.

IMG_5415.thumb.JPG.58e47085ede4c4bac2d018f66776e430.JPG

Grouted the ends for the desk.

IMG_5416.thumb.JPG.9487d1e68e35a151bfb427ace600835e.JPGIMG_5417.thumb.JPG.eea20aff99c4960ff0001947f64fbe65.JPG

Have a sense of accomplishment now that I have the moisture barrier (gray) down.

IMG_5420.thumb.JPG.46eef6cc16a04b4278048618838a426e.JPG

Thank you, I can't wait til I can finally get the computers and electronic equipment back in.

I like it, a Wall mounted PC above the triple screens would just complete it ! 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

35 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

I like it, a Wall mounted PC above the triple screens would just complete it ! 

I'm think about putting a 4K 48-55 TV on a full motion mount for that spot. But maybe the right side wall?

OK I Photoshop one in (pic I found on the interweb), I think it would be doable.

58d8923904983_SampleWallPC.thumb.jpg.98e34fffc34c5c8624fc2b3b7532bb70.jpg

15 hours ago, Eddie Current said:

I'm think about putting a 4K 48-55 TV on a full motion mount for that spot. But maybe the right side wall?

OK I Photoshop one in (pic I found on the interweb), I think it would be doable.

58d8923904983_SampleWallPC.thumb.jpg.98e34fffc34c5c8624fc2b3b7532bb70.jpg

THat does look good, I'd do it the same depth as the desk and same black with no gap between it and the table so its almost a extension but with a sick ass system on it. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

20 hours ago, yathis said:

Carpet

I'm going to glue the wood floor down to the urethane moisture barrier In above pic (gray).

wood or tile or the like = Very Noisy

I wouldnt do it

I rented a room once on Kijiji before Airbnb time and the woman had that on her stairs and all upstairs. Loud!

Didn't get as much done as I had hoped due to a hard day at work and an impending storm heading our way. I did however get four boxes of flooring sorted and my work tent battened down for the storm.

IMG_5443.thumb.JPG.3ecefd8758796ed9d11577d24030c7b1.JPG

IMG_5446.thumb.JPG.0bae6760acc396bcae3ff9e0647bbaae.JPG

IMG_5444.thumb.JPG.8dc43b36873e03c9620e73f7ffbd6252.JPG

22 hours ago, yathis said:

I wouldnt do it

I rented a room once on Kijiji before Airbnb time and the woman had that on her stairs and all upstairs. Loud!

This is going to be glued down. I agree, floating wood flooring is very noisy. Having the urethane moisture barrier plus the glue you don't get the temp changes or noise. This is the second room we have done and really like how the first turned out.

On 28.3.2017 at 8:59 AM, yathis said:

I wouldnt do it

There is noise dampening that pretty much eliminates this issue for wooden floors. You just roll that out before putting the wood/laminate down.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

Looks awesome dude!

I don't get who voted "funny" above. What's so funny about it?   :/ 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

• 3 months later...

Well guys, I had a slight detour on this project to do another (you can search my user name on YouTube or FB if interested in my other projects). Anyway I'm moving forward on this project again. I'll be working on trim this weekend.

Urishima

There is noise dampening that pretty much eliminates this issue for wooden floors. You just roll that out before putting the wood/laminate down.

Yes, but this is not an engineered wood, but real wood floor, and being real wood ( not click type) it has to be glued down. The gray rubber you see in the pics below is the self leveling moisture barrier, the yellow stuff id the adhesive. This system is a pain in the ass, but really does work well to keep floor temps even all year round.

Thank you!

IMG_5465.JPG

IMG_5665.JPG

IMG_6873.JPG

IMG_6874.JPG

IMG_6877.JPG

IMG_6880.JPG

IMG_6881.JPG

IMG_6882.JPG

Solid work, looks great! What monitor arm are you using? Looking for one for my triple 24" setup, but I'm on cheap glass desk.

My PC
Spoiler

Starry Night:

CPU: Intel Core i7 7700k | Motherboard: MSI Z270 SLI Plus | RAM: 32 GB GSkill DDR4 2133 MHz | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition | Case: NZXT H440 | Storage: Crucial MX300 M.2 | PSU: Corsair RMx 750 | Display(s): Dell S2417DG 2560X1440, Dual AOC 1920X1080 (E2426WD, I2421VWH) | Cooling: NXZT Kraken x61 | Keyboard: Logitech K350 | Mouse: Logitech M500 | Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Channel and Phillips SHP9500 | Operating System: Windows 10

Tyrosine:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 "Wolfdale"   Motherboard: Gigabyte P35-DS3L   RAM: 4 GB DDR2 400 MHz   GPU Power Color R9 380 4GB   Case: Antec with Blue light and over 9000 fans, and 9000 lbs   Storage: Samsung Evo 850 + 600 GB HDD   PSU: Corsair VX 550 W   Display(s): Dual AOC 1920X1080 (E2426WD, I2421VWH)   Cooling: Did I mention the case?   Keyboard: Logitech K350   Mouse: Logitech M500   Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Channel and Phillips SHP9500  Operating System: Windows 7 on Desktop, Ubuntu 14.04 on Laptop and everything else

Kids, do drugs, the science way! Note:

Spoiler

I am involved in computational medicinal chemistry research and am interested in pharmaceuticals as a researcher, in no way do I endorse the taking of the drugs. Never.

1 hour ago, Boss1295 said:

Solid work, looks great! What monitor arm are you using? Looking for one for my triple 24" setup, but I'm on cheap glass desk.

It's a triple 27'' I bought either at Fry's or Micro-Center don't remember.

8 hours ago, JayKay3000 said:

Amazing the transformation the floor makes. Brilliant work!

Thanks guys

• 3 weeks later...

Well, took a brake from painting and started doing some wiring. Still waiting on some longer power and display-port cables, but I got the Ethernet cables and the ATT U-Verse box done. There's more pics on my Facebook page if your interested

IMG_6883.jpg

IMG_6885_1.jpg

IMG_6918_1.jpg

IMG_6919_1.jpg

IMG_6920.jpg

IMG_6930.jpg

IMG_6933.jpg

IMG_6935.jpg

IMG_6938.jpg

IMG_6940.jpg

IMG_6942.jpg

IMG_6943.jpg

IMG_6944.jpg

IMG_6952.jpg

IMG_6956.jpg

IMG_6957.jpg

IMG_6958.jpg