Projekt Wasserturm

(Project Watertower)

First off let me take this opportunity to say thanks to the Linus Tech Tips forum for giving me a platform for sharing my project with the masses. Several years ago I built a simple entry level Bit Coin Miner and after a short time it became necessary to make it more efficient so I embarked on designing and collecting parts to build a custom water loop for a mining machine. Before the project could get far off the ground Bit Coin started changing its algorithm making it harder (longer) to mine coins making it less feasible to mine for coins so the project was literally put on shelves in my office closet..After looking at those parts for some time some of the parts started making their way into my daily used desktop and the "Water-Bug" stirred personnel interest in possibly using the remaining parts with my original tower design to build a flexible test / experimental stand that could be used with or without water cooling and to continue to challenge myself.

First Cut

From the beginning I wanted a stand alone bench not a bench top.

002WT.JPG

003WT.JPG

004WT.JPG

005WT.JPG

Still at this point I was building a water cooled mining bench.

008WT.JPG

010WT.JPG

The marked up back plate has been cut out to make it easier to make heat sink and water block changes without removing the MB.

011WT.JPG

012WT.png

013WT.png

This was my first idea for reservoir, I later choose to consolidate the pumps, reservoirs and radiators.

014WT.JPG

it was at this point I had started moving from a mining bench to a water cooled test/bench.

015WT.JPG

016WT.JPG

In the above pictures you can see I started with "euro style" draw slides and in the following pictures I replaced then with soft closing slides.

017WT.JPG

019WT.JPG

IMG_5174.JPG

Most of the main hardware is installed for the exception of the PSU(s). The four loops are cleaned, connected and tested, but not run up to the MB as of yet. As you can see from the floor and door trim I'm also working on remodeling my office so I've taken a short break from this project.

Here is one example of how it could be configured.

WT_Example1.jpg

As of 03/09/17 I'm waiting on the guys to install my new counter tops on my desks and after that I will be installing my wood flooring and new trim. I'm hoping to be able to get back to this project very soon.

Hit the Funny Button!    :D     The more you press it the funnier you get  :)

---------------------------------------------->

Projekt Wasserturm  Office/Game Room Remodel

• 1 month later...

:PBump:D

Hit the Funny Button!    :D     The more you press it the funnier you get  :)

---------------------------------------------->

Projekt Wasserturm  Office/Game Room Remodel

• 3 weeks later...

HOLY CRAP WHAT ARE YOU COOLING A NUCLEAR REACTOR???!?!?!? But nice setup, the overclock must be sick.