On 28-2-2017 at 3:06 PM, colonel_mortis said:

If you have been billed for access to the floatplane club, but have lost access to the videos subforum, please visit https://linustechtips.com/main/floatplane_resync.php. This script will fix the most common issues, so you should regain access within about 10 minutes.

If you use it, please post in this topic (including whether it appears to have worked) so that I can track how frequently it occurs and whether the script is working correctly.

Automatic fix failed.

Posted · Original PosterOP
12 hours ago, Jakkeeny said:

Failed for me

3 hours ago, Henri8600 said:

Automatic fix failed.

If it fails, it should tell you to contact floatplanehelp@gmail.com, where luke will be able to look into it further for you.

I don't work for Floatplane Media, so any Floatplane comments that I make are my own and may be incorrect or in conflict with the official view.

For Floatplane support, please use the wizard linked in this topic

12 hours ago, Otterwise said:

I tried the script and it failed :/

Send an email to floatplanehelp@gmail.com and Luke should be able to help you out.

I don't work for Floatplane Media, so any Floatplane comments that I make are my own and may be incorrect or in conflict with the official view.

38 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Send an email to floatplanehelp@gmail.com and Luke should be able to help you out.

I wanna email luke just because now.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.0Ghz @ 1.35v / Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming / Ram: 16GB 3000Mhz Team Vulcan / Storage: 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: EVGA GTX 1080 Hybrid @ 2150Mhz / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: RMx 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

59 minutes ago, astrokitten2385 said:

Lost access and the script isnt working.... i signed up for floatplane club literally this morning.... @colonel_mortis

If you send an email to floatplanehelp@gmail.com, Luke should be able to help you out.

5 hours ago, powerdook said:

Lost access a few days ago too and the script doesn't work for me either. :/ Tried it three times now.

It should have told you to send an email to floatplanehelp@gmail.com for support. If the script says that it failed, rather than that it succeed but may take time, rerunning it won't change the outcome.

On 10/22/2017 at 12:04 PM, colonel_mortis said:

It should have told you to send an email to floatplanehelp@gmail.com for support. If the script says that it failed, rather than that it succeed but may take time, rerunning it won't change the outcome.

I did and was told to try the script. Wrote back when it didn't work and haven't heard a thing. Still doesn't work though. :/

I still have no access, link does not work and opened a ticket with no response.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k | MOBO: ASRock Z97 Pro4 | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw 8GB 2133 mhz DDR3 | VIDEO: AMD Radeon 7970 | STORAGE: PNY 120 GB SSD, 2 x 2TB WD Red | PSU: Corsair GS600 | CASE: NZXT Phantom 410

I'm not feeling any love from floatplane. I subscribed, have been billed, received automated emails but do not have access, I have created a support ticket a few days ago with floatplane and have not seen even a response from the support team. Tried multiple machines, browsers, etc. On this forum I am still just listed as member. I suspect there may be a lock / stuck record thats not updated on the backend but I have seen zero response. I really hope its not a manual process to update the member group that my account in part of. If so let me know. It would explain a lot but would be a really bad "feature" for a tech community.

If it is a backend problem or manual process there are some of us that can help.

11 hours ago, RuZoG said:

I'm not feeling any love from floatplane. I subscribed, have been billed, received automated emails but do not have access, I have created a support ticket a few days ago with floatplane and have not seen even a response from the support team. Tried multiple machines, browsers, etc. On this forum I am still just listed as member. I suspect there may be a lock / stuck record thats not updated on the backend but I have seen zero response. I really hope its not a manual process to update the member group that my account in part of. If so let me know. It would explain a lot but would be a really bad "feature" for a tech community.

If it is a backend problem or manual process there are some of us that can help.

I am starting to feel the same way.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k | MOBO: ASRock Z97 Pro4 | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw 8GB 2133 mhz DDR3 | VIDEO: AMD Radeon 7970 | STORAGE: PNY 120 GB SSD, 2 x 2TB WD Red | PSU: Corsair GS600 | CASE: NZXT Phantom 410

Script failed. Sent email to floatplanehelp. But this is utterly confusing. What is floatplane and what is not floatplane? Isnt bitwit also on floatplane? </confused>

On 10/25/2017 at 4:01 AM, RuZoG said:

One thing you get when you sign up for FP right now is problems like this. After all, it's just a hidden section of the forum. They've never said that it was perfect. 

POST THE SPECIFICATIONS OF YOUR COMPUTER IN YOUR QUESTION FOR EASIER HELP

Main Laptop: HP Envy M6 AE-151DX, Intel Core i5-5200u (Broadwell Dual Core), 8GB DDR3, Intel HD 5500 Graphics, 240GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SATA 6.0Gb/s and 64GB SanDisk MicroSD Card (secondary storage), Windows 10 Professional/ Linux Mint 18.3 MATE

ChromeBook: Gateway NV79, Intel Core i3-330M, 2GB DDR3, Integrated graphics, 80GB Seagate Barracuda, Neverware Cloudready

Folding Machine: Dell Vostro 260 MT, Intel Core i5-2400, 2GB DDR3 (broken DIMM slot), Intel HD 2000 Graphics, 80GB Seagate Barracuda, Linux Mint 18.3 MATE running Folding at Home on Full Power 24/7

Testing Desktop: Dell Inspiron 560 in a Compaq case, Intel Pentium Dual-Core E2220, 5GB DDR3, XFX RX 570 4GB (don't ask), 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Windows 8.1 Professional

Hackintosh: Dell OptiPlex 780 SFF Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3GHz Dual Core), 5GB DDR3 1066, GeForce 9500 GT 1GB Graphics, 500GB Samsung Spinpoint 2.5" HDD, Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan

Secondary Laptop: HP Pavilion G6 2233NR, Intel Core i3-2370M (Sandy Bridge Dual Core), 8GB DDR3, Intel HD 3000 Graphics, 320GB Toshiba 2.5" HDD, Windows 10 Professional (soon to be Mint 18.3/Windows 10/Windows 7)

Main Server: Dell OptiPlex 755 MT, Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3GHz Dual Core), 8GB DDR2 800MHz, Radeon HD 4670 512MB Graphics, 60GB OCZ Vertex 2, Windows Server 2016 (I upgraded!)

Secondary Server: Dell OptiPlex 330 MT, Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 (2.53GHz Dual Core), 4GB DDR2 800Mhz, Intel Integrated Graphics, 500GB WD Caviar Blue, 500GB Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Greenpower, 500GB WD Caviar Green, FreeNAS

Online Machine: Paperspace, GPU+ Virtual Machine, Intel Xeon E5-2623 V4, 30GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro M4000 8GB, 100GB SSD, Windows Server 2016

Another Server: HP Compaq DC7900 SFF, Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.00GHz Dual core), 6GB DDR2 800MHz, Intel Integrated Graphics, 250GB WD Caviar Blue, Windows Server 2008 R2 (main OS)/Windows 7 Professional (other reasons)

10 minutes ago, Jarl said:

Script failed. Sent email to floatplanehelp. But this is utterly confusing. What is floatplane and what is not floatplane? Isnt bitwit also on floatplane? </confused>

Floatplane is the platform, which contains "LMG Floatplane" and "Bitwit Ultra".

16 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Floatplane is the platform, which contains "LMG Floatplane" and "Bitwit Ultra".

Ok. So if floatplane is the solution which contains LMG floatplane and bitwit ultra, is this floatplane? Its very confusing, since it says "Forum -> Floatplane -> Bitwit Ultra". From a users standpoint I am currently in a forum and not in any floating or non floating plane. Not a plane at all actually ;) 

image.png.e7e960713f9f05fd5f260ea3ac30f62c.png

2 minutes ago, Jarl said:

Ok. So if floatplane is the solution which contains LMG floatplane and bitwit ultra, is this floatplane? Its very confusing, since it says "Forum -> Floatplane -> Bitwit Ultra". From a users standpoint I am currently in a forum and not in any floating or non floating plane. Not a plane at all actually ;) 

image.png.e7e960713f9f05fd5f260ea3ac30f62c.png

For the next couple of months, this is how it's going to work. 

Once the new site launches the experience will get a LOT cleaner and will make more sense.

We hadn't intended to bring Kyle onboard until the new site was ready.. but with YouTube bunging things up by killing paid channels, we had to jump the gun a little.

Sorry for the confusion, and thank you in advance for your patience!!

Linus

2 hours ago, Jamiec1130 said:

One thing you get when you sign up for FP right now is problems like this. After all, it's just a hidden section of the forum. They've never said that it was perfect. 

Luke ended up addressing the issue. It was likely just a group permissions issue. No big deal but it did take almost 5 days to get a reply after joining. I expect there to be bumps in the road with anything newer perhaps an automated script failed and my ticket got lost in the ether for a while but again we're all good as of a day or two ago.

Thanx Guys

Just now, RuZoG said:

Luke ended up addressing the issue. It was likely just a group permissions issue. No big deal but it did take almost 5 days to get a reply after joining. I expect there to be bumps in the road with anything newer perhaps an automated script failed and my ticket got lost in the ether for a while but again we're all good as of a day or two ago.

Thanx Guys

Sorry for the hassle and thank you for your patience :D

3 hours ago, LinusTech said:

For the next couple of months, this is how it's going to work. 

Once the new site launches the experience will get a LOT cleaner and will make more sense.

We hadn't intended to bring Kyle onboard until the new site was ready.. but with YouTube bunging things up by killing paid channels, we had to jump the gun a little.

Sorry for the confusion, and thank you in advance for your patience!!

Linus

Whoa what? I'm a little out of the loop, what did YouTube do to kill paid channels?