Message added by colonel_mortis

For Floatplane support, please send an email to support@floatplane.com for assistance.

My payment failed as the card attached to my Paypal had expired. I fixed it, but you’ve not attempted payment since. I emailed floatplanehelp@gmail.com, but haven’t had a reply. I know it says not to purchase a new subscription, but surely that would be the fastest fix in my case?

13 minutes ago, fini said:

My payment failed as the card attached to my Paypal had expired. I fixed it, but you’ve not attempted payment since. I emailed floatplanehelp@gmail.com, but haven’t had a reply. I know it says not to purchase a new subscription, but surely that would be the fastest fix in my case?

If the original payment failed, you can safely repurchase.

If it was a renewal instead, you can reattempt it, but you need to make sure that you haven't been charged for the renewal by PayPal, and then that you cancel the old subscription before creating the new one. If you have now been charged for the renewal, running the wizard again should give you access again.

HTTP/2 203

It was a renewal. Cancelling in PayPal and then re-subscribing fixed it immediately. Thanks for your help.

I subscribed via floatplane.com a month.  However when I checked the subscription status today, it shows it has been cancelled, even though my credit card was charged a couple of days ago for this month's subscription.

5ac9f3c183591_2018-04-0808_36_21-Floatplane.png.dfce9c0a75b075e36644666269c4e72d.png

Going to the Manage Billing page it appears that my payment information (and past invoices) has gone missing.

5ac9f3c2db1a1_2018-04-0820_48_59-Floatplane.png.061a1a07362bb3076af51a9640bc51f3.png

I'm wondering whether something has gone wrong, or whether that part of floatplane hasn't been built yet.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, k2moo4 said:

I subscribed via floatplane.com a month.  However when I checked the subscription status today, it shows it has been cancelled, even though my credit card was charged a couple of days ago for this month's subscription.

5ac9f3c183591_2018-04-0808_36_21-Floatplane.png.dfce9c0a75b075e36644666269c4e72d.png

Going to the Manage Billing page it appears that my payment information (and past invoices) has gone missing.

5ac9f3c2db1a1_2018-04-0820_48_59-Floatplane.png.061a1a07362bb3076af51a9640bc51f3.png

I'm wondering whether something has gone wrong, or whether that part of floatplane hasn't been built yet.

Thanks!

You will need to send an email to floatplanehelp@gmail.com for that.

HTTP/2 203

What's the response time for these kinds of issues? I emailed floatplanehelp@gmail.com 4 days ago and I haven't heard a peep from anyone yet. I know the floatplane team is relatively small to begin with, but I just want to have an expectation of when my email gets addressed :) 

5 minutes ago, M.M. said:

What's the response time for these kinds of issues? I emailed floatplanehelp@gmail.com 4 days ago and I haven't heard a peep from anyone yet. I know the floatplane team is relatively small to begin with, but I just want to have an expectation of when my email gets addressed :) 

Without any affiliation or real knowledge I would say 1-2 weeks, and they don't work during weekends. 4 days ago means you send message Friday so it's been maybe 2 working days since.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Hi, I've been having an issue watching videos on the Floatplane website.  For some reason when I click to watch a video, these menus pop up.  I'm not sure if it's happening to anyone else or not, but is there any known fix for this?

floatplane_issue.JPG

"Hyper Demon" Build: 

Case: NZXT H440 Hyper Beast.  CPU: AMD R9 3900x (cooled by a KrakeX62).  GPU: AMD XFX RX 6900XT Merc 319 Black.  RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 32GB ram @3600mhz.  Mobo: Asus Crosshair VI hero. PSU: Corsair RM850x.  Boot drive: Samsung 960 evo 500gb nvme ssd.  Game storage: Samsung 860 evo 1TB SATA SSD.  Bulk storage: WD Black 2TB.  

Have been using the Floatplane site for a little while now, but randomly I can no longer see creators or videos.
When I click on LTT it says I'm already subscribed, but I can't see the videos.

5 hours ago, Katze said:

Have been using the Floatplane site for a little while now, but randomly I can no longer see creators or videos.
When I click on LTT it says I'm already subscribed, but I can't see the videos.

Try logging out and back in. If that doesn't work, I think @AJJaxNet or @Yuki v~ might be able to help you further.

HTTP/2 203

On 3/7/2018 at 9:51 PM, LinusTech said:

Right now we don't have an easy way to do this without burying all the new content.... But once things ease up a little bit I think we could try to find a way to dump the older exclusives over there. 

No idea how FP's dating is done but I'm assuming it's via a database which uses a dd-mm-yyyy or similar format? Why not try editing a video that's already up there (like one released 2 weeks ago) to say the date before the first video was uploaded, it should push that video to being first on FP. Tho the only issue is the new video for each user, but adding a priority function (simple 0/1 should work, where non-priority ones don't display as new till the true new ones are all gone) could fix that plus/or a expiry of the new video display and set it to predate FPs first video. This should be able to be done via a simple script too (or temp add a release date feature for uploading videos alongside the expiry code), so no heavy labour required really.

Just a suggestion.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, just wondered if anyone else is having similar issues, have been charged for floatplane last week and lost all access to it last night. I've left an email through the support wizard but have had no response. Is anyone else having similar problems.

3 hours ago, Trippik said:

Hi there, just wondered if anyone else is having similar issues, have been charged for floatplane last week and lost all access to it last night. I've left an email through the support wizard but have had no response. Is anyone else having similar problems.

Did you use troubleshooter at first post already? Also, from info I've gathered, they have only one person doing support duties. So it might take more than it would with some more known place.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, Trippik said:

It looks like you have access at the moment. Is it still not working? If so, are you trying to use it on floatplane.com or on here?

HTTP/2 203

16 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

It looks like you have access at the moment. Is it still not working? If so, are you trying to use it on floatplane.com or on here?

Yeah, I logged out and logged in again about 8:00 last night and my access popped back

I am trying to change my email address on floatplane.com, but when I just change the email address in the form I can't click on the "Save changes" button, but by changing my full name I can, but it won't save my new email address.

2 minutes ago, prechtig said:

I am trying to change my email address on floatplane.com, but when I just change the email address in the form I can't click on the "Save changes" button, but by changing my full name I can, but it won't save my new email address.

I think you might need to send an email to floatplanehelp@gmail.com for that.

HTTP/2 203

Today a i got a notification from paypal for a second payment made to Linus Media Group, after cheeking my paypal account i got billed 2 days in  a row for my subscription

@colonel_mortis

4 minutes ago, time said:

Today a i got a notification from paypal for a second payment made to Linus Media Group, after cheeking my paypal account i got billed 2 days in  a row for my subscription

@colonel_mortis

You need to follow the instructions in the first post - run the wizard, which should direct you to floatplanehelp@gmail.com for support.

HTTP/2 203

If you are signed up on floatplane.com, how can i get access, to the floatplane forums and more importantly Discord floatplane channels?

Ncase M1 V3         Samsung Evo 850 2

Spoiler

50gb

Spoiler
Spoiler

2x8gb Corsair LPX 2400mhz

Msi z170i AC pro

Be quiet Shadow Rock LP                     Noctua NF-F12 x12 x3

Be Quiet Sile

nt Wings 3 x2

Corsair Commander Pro

Intel i7 6700k

Samsung Evo 960 256gb                 Corsair SF-450

Gigabyte 980 Ti Extreme Gaming w/ Arctic Accelero Extreme 3

Samsung Evo 850 500gb

Noctua Redux NF-B9 1

3 hours ago, Pat-Roner said:

If you are signed up on floatplane.com, how can i get access, to the floatplane forums and more importantly Discord floatplane channels?

At this point in time, I don't believe it's possible.

HTTP/2 203

Hi! I'm looking into subscribing to Floatplane, but before that I'd like to know if the platform supports casting the videos to an Apple TV. Am I able to login to the platform with mobile Safari, start playback and send it to Apple TV? Some content providers block it. This is my preferred watching method for LTT / Youtube content, and I would like to retain the same experience.

Thanks!

Rafael

4 minutes ago, rafaelreisr said:

Hi! I'm looking into subscribing to Floatplane, but before that I'd like to know if the platform supports casting the videos to an Apple TV. Am I able to login to the platform with mobile Safari, start playback and send it to Apple TV? Some content providers block it. This is my preferred watching method for LTT / Youtube content, and I would like to retain the same experience.

Thanks!

Rafael

yes you can. I do this

Ncase M1 V3         Samsung Evo 850 2

Spoiler

50gb

Spoiler
Spoiler

2x8gb Corsair LPX 2400mhz

Msi z170i AC pro

Be quiet Shadow Rock LP                     Noctua NF-F12 x12 x3

Be Quiet Sile

nt Wings 3 x2

Corsair Commander Pro

Intel i7 6700k

Samsung Evo 960 256gb                 Corsair SF-450

Gigabyte 980 Ti Extreme Gaming w/ Arctic Accelero Extreme 3

Samsung Evo 850 500gb

Noctua Redux NF-B9 1

Hey, for the life of me I can't find any privacy policy on Floatplane. Am I missing something or is there none on the site?