iPhone Should You Buy????

Go to solution Solved by TheRobustGuy,

So Thanks Everyone for their opinions Ive now decided that im getting the Gold iPhone 7 plus!!!!!!!!!

I use an android phone. The iphone 7 looks great to me but should i buy it. the iphone 7s or 8 is also coming out should i wait or should i buy the 7

Why would you want to change to an iphone? Do you have any issues with your android phone?

1 minute ago, Nashiwa said:

Why would you want to change to an iphone? Do you have any issues with your android phone?

I had used an iphone 5 and after that switched to android. Just like the iPhone more and want to try something new!!!

I would recomend to stay with android. Maybe get a google pixel for the same price and it is way better in every way. Plus you get a few months of youtube red for free!

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel i9 12900K

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H150i Elite Capellix

Mother Board: MSI z690 carbon WiFi

RAM: TeamSport Elite DDR5 2x16 4800mhz

Storage: 2TB Samsung 970 Plus NVMe, 240 SanDisk SSD Plus, Crucial MX300 750GB SSD

GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 

Case: Corsair Crystal 460X

PSU: Cosrair RM850X 80+ Gold

Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p @ 165hz

Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Chroma

Mouse: Logitech G502

Sound: Sony MDR 1000x Headphones, Blue Snowball Microphone

Laptop Specs:

Gigabyte Aorus 15G

CPU: Intel i7 10875H

RAM: 16gb DDR4

Storage: 512gb NVMe, 1TB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 Max-Q

1 minute ago, A Silver said:

I would recomend to stay with android. Maybe get a google pixel for the same price and it is way better in every way. Plus you get a few months of youtube red for free!

The iPhone Just Attracts me towards it. I just like the whole ios experience and the smoothness. 

2 minutes ago, TheRobustGuy said:

The iPhone Just Attracts me towards it. I just like the whole ios experience and the smoothness. 

IF you get an iPhone you should get an iPhone 6s as it is decent and has a headphone port.

PC Specs:

Storage: 2TB Samsung 970 Plus NVMe, 240 SanDisk SSD Plus, Crucial MX300 750GB SSD

Laptop Specs:

Gigabyte Aorus 15G

1 minute ago, TheRobustGuy said:

No not an old one. Just want the 7 

Then wait for the 7s or if you really want wait for the 8 as it is meant to be different!

PC Specs:

Laptop Specs:

Gigabyte Aorus 15G

Yeah it is hard to say if you should wait for the 7s or wait an additional year for the 8. The 8 is RUMORED to have some crazy good features, but who knows with Apple.

I have a iPhone 5 that I want to upgrade to another iPhone but just keep being a little disappointed.

if you get a 7 you will not be disappointed like wise if you wait i have a 6s so im waiting till september to upgrade  

I lurk a lot

I would suggest waiting till September this year and pick up the one that comes out.

Guys hes not asking what phone he should buy, but what iphone he should buy. As previously said i would get the 6s as it offers the same functionality as the 7 but it offers a headphone jack and its cheaper. If you really dont want to buy an older phone i suggest you wait for the eight. The S versions of the phone dont reallly offer much difference and if you have agree on a 2 year plan you get stuck in always buying the s version and being late on all thats new and exciting.

Fair phone 2 is coming in may. No peasants were harmed or committed suicide in the making of the fairphone

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 hour ago, TheRobustGuy said:

I had used an iphone 5 and after that switched to android. Just like the iPhone more and want to try something new!!!

If you like iPhones more than androids, why would you switch in the first place? Personally I hate apple products, spec wise. Also I've used OneDrive and Google Drive for years now. I'd wait for the new iPhone rather than buy an old one.

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

If you must, the 4S, 5S or 6S. The rest are kind of garbage. Especially the iPhone 7.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

2 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

If you must, the 4S, 5S or 6S. The rest are kind of garbage. Especially the iPhone 7.

Gonna back this up at all? The S versions are the least innovative and are just the tock in a tick-tock process.

5 minutes ago, Underi said:

If you like iPhones more than androids, why would you switch in the first place? Personally I hate apple products, spec wise. Also I've used OneDrive and Google Drive for years now. I'd wait for the new iPhone rather than buy an old one.

Cause its good to try new things out? I personally don't want to switch back to android because its too different and I invested in apple chargers and apple products that I know work well together. There's a specific reason people buy iPhones and it's not because of the specs. The apple ecosystem is unrivaled. 

5 minutes ago, Mantix said:

Gonna back this up at all? The S versions are the least innovative and are just the tock in a tick-tock process.

Cause its good to try new things out? I personally don't want to switch back to android because its too different and I invested in apple chargers and apple products that I know work well together. There's a specific reason people buy iPhones and it's not because of the specs. The apple ecosystem is unrivaled. 

So? They are already released and have the problems found in the non S version fixed. They are also slightly higher speced as well and especially with the iPhone 6, are more robust than the standard model due to improvements (eg. no more #bendgate)

PMSL

So? They are already released and have the problems found in the non S version fixed. They are also slightlyhigher speced as well and especially with the iPhone 6, are more robust than the standard model due to improvements (eg. no more #bendgate)

The bendgate is a stupid argument if you don't roll with a case you're not that smart anyway. It was wayy blown out of proportion. The slightly higher spec is negligible because you dont notice a real world difference

1 minute ago, Mantix said:

The bendgate is a stupid argument if you don't roll with a case you're not that smart anyway. It was wayy blown out of proportion. The slightly higher spec is negligible because you dont notice a real world difference

The iPhone 6 bent easily, and in most cases the touch IC partially popped off the motherboard due to lack of underfill (which all previous models had), rendering the touchscreen useless. and the same thing happened if you dropped it as well and got the screen replaced-the iPhone 6 still ended up with a dead touhcscreen. And if it was blown way out of proportion? Then why did so many people have the same issues? And why did Apple reinforce the areas of the iPhone 6S where the iPhone 6 bent the most?

Also, nice adhominem.
UUGgpgM.gif

PMSL

26 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

The iPhone 6 bent easily, and in most cases the touch IC partially popped off the motherboard due to lack of underfill (which all previous models had), rendering the touchscreen useless. and the same thing happened if you dropped it as well and got the screen replaced-the iPhone 6 still ended up with a dead touhcscreen. And if it was blown way out of proportion? Then why did so many people have the same issues? And why did Apple reinforce the areas of the iPhone 6S where the iPhone 6 bent the most?

Also, nice adhominem.
UUGgpgM.gif

Best I could find was 300 bent iPhones on a scale of 220 million iPhone 6's shipped. If you show me a significantly increased number then ill retract my statement. I admit there is indeed a structural issue in the iPhone 6. It was a huge media scandal and they have to make up for it somehow. To avoid sales numbers being bad on the next iPhone they reinforced it. They didn't make it thicker and there were still reports of the iPhone 6s bending.

5 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

Also, nice adhominem.

UUGgpgM.gif

9 hours ago, TheRobustGuy said:

iPhones haven't changed drastically since the original one came out. So there's not really anything new. :P

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

8 hours ago, Mantix said:

Best I could find was 300 bent iPhones on a scale of 220 million iPhone 6's shipped. If you show me a significantly increased number then ill retract my statement. I admit there is indeed a structural issue in the iPhone 6. It was a huge media scandal and they have to make up for it somehow. To avoid sales numbers being bad on the next iPhone they reinforced it. They didn't make it thicker and there were still reports of the iPhone 6s bending.

Apple started manufacturing of the iPhone 6S well before the problem became widely known of (aka, when Apple finally listened to people and repair shops), with the area where it bent the easiest re-inforced because they knew well in advance that it would be an issue. And all iPhone 6 have the same flaw-a lack of undefill under the touch IC meaning that bending or dropping an iPhone is is almost guaranteed to render the touchscreen useless.

Here you go:
https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiYze7RiJjSAhUBqpQKHZkUCesQFggzMAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.extremetech.com%2Fmobile%2F234661-the-iphone-6s-touch-disease-is-spreading-now-the-largest-problem-reported-to-apple-stores&usg=AFQjCNELddBvzdcg-bnVaJL8eqeRa6Xe2g&sig2=-0euZB2ik4HSpepIKEjGxA

Edit: Every single version of the iPhone has had at least 1 serious flaw-do I really have to dig up every single one of them for you?

PMSL

Apple started manufacturing of the iPhone 6S well before the problem became widely known of (aka, when Apple finally listened to people and repair shops), with the area where it bent the easiest re-inforced because they knew well in advance that it would be an issue. And all iPhone 6 have the same flaw-a lack of undefill under the touch IC meaning that bending or dropping an iPhone is is almost guaranteed to render the touchscreen useless.

Here you go:
https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiYze7RiJjSAhUBqpQKHZkUCesQFggzMAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.extremetech.com%2Fmobile%2F234661-the-iphone-6s-touch-disease-is-spreading-now-the-largest-problem-reported-to-apple-stores&usg=AFQjCNELddBvzdcg-bnVaJL8eqeRa6Xe2g&sig2=-0euZB2ik4HSpepIKEjGxA

Thought I asked you to provide me a significant number? As I said, the whole bend gate was a problem but it was blown out of proportions. As I've stated plenty of times. The iPhone was flawed but the whole thing was blown out of proportions. So stop feeding me the bullshit of what's the problem and show me how many people it affected. Also, dont feed me bs of rendering it useless I've seen many iPhone six's dropped without any shit just a cracked screen.