Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver

Gyawdyr

hello

so years ago i purchased pokemon heartgold and soulsilver from walmart brand new, game still in shrink wrap

(only the plastic case that holds the cartridge is shrink wrapped, the gold/silver foil box it comes in never came shrink wrapped for any copy sold).

bought them for $40 each.

now they go for $200 to $300 new on ebay or amazon.

should i try to sell it? would you keep yours if it were brand spankin new?

Don't confuse asking price with selling price. Look at how much they're actually selling for, which you can do on ebay by ticking the appropriate boxes on the side of the search results. A quick look on ebay UK doesn't show anything silly, although listings with pokewalker go for a bit more than those that don't.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

To be quite honest, I shouldn't think they would go for anywhere near that actual price now because of how many ROM's can be downloaded online in emulators rather than the actual consoles themselves. Either way, Keep them

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

On 2/17/2017 at 1:54 AM, MrDynamicMan said:

How tf are they is expensive now? 

they were the only version with a pokewalker/pedometer and had the cool gold/silver foil packaging

On 2/17/2017 at 2:05 AM, porina said:

Don't confuse asking price with selling price. Look at how much they're actually selling for, which you can do on ebay by ticking the appropriate boxes on the side of the search results. A quick look on ebay UK doesn't show anything silly, although listings with pokewalker go for a bit more than those that don't.

even for brand new?

2 hours ago, Gyawdyr said:

they were the only version with a pokewalker/pedometer and had the cool gold/silver foil packaging

Damn, shouldn't have opened my spare gold then. 

- snip-

On 17-2-2017 at 6:51 AM, Gyawdyr said:

hello

so years ago i purchased pokemon heartgold and soulsilver from walmart brand new, game still in shrink wrap

(only the plastic case that holds the cartridge is shrink wrapped, the gold/silver foil box it comes in never came shrink wrapped for any copy sold).

bought them for $40 each.

now they go for $200 to $300 new on ebay or amazon.

should i try to sell it? would you keep yours if it were brand spankin new?

are you certain that it aren't the gameboy colour versions?

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

If a person ever needed to liquidate their games, there's a high probability that their Pokémon game(s) are going to be the bulk of the worth. 

Probably an exaggerated statement, but should make the point. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…