Fx6300 to i5 6400, please help fast

Mahbub

Yes.

New Build (The Compromise): CPU - i7 9700K @ 5.1Ghz Mobo - ASRock Z390 Taichi | RAM - 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200CL14 @ 3466 14-14-14-30 1T | GPU - ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI | Cooler - Corsair h100i Pro | SSDs - 500 GB 960 EVO + 500 GB 850 EVO + 1TB MX300 | Case - Coolermaster H500 | PSUEVGA 850 P2 | Monitor - LG 32GK850G-B 144hz 1440p | OSWindows 10 Pro. 

Peripherals - Corsair K70 Lux RGB | Corsair Scimitar RGB | Audio-technica ATH M50X + Antlion Modmic 5 |

CPU/GPU history: Athlon 6000+/HD4850 > i7 2600k/GTX 580, R9 390, R9 Fury > i7 7700K/R9 Fury, 1080TI > Ryzen 1700/1080TI > i7 9700K/1080TI.

Other tech: Surface Pro 4 (i5/128GB), Lenovo Ideapad Y510P w/ Kali, OnePlus 6T (8G/128G), PS4 Slim.

Can you give some more info just than if it's worth? Are you gaming only? I would say wait for Ryzen (it's literally in 2 weeks), where you can get quad core for i3 pricing, with $59 motherboards

Main:  1650 v2   @ 4,6GHz   -   X79 Deluxe                -   GTX 1080 @ 2000MHz   -   24GB DDR3 @ 2400MHz / CL10

Side:   i7-4790K @ 4,5GHz   -   Maximus 7 Hero        -   GTX 1070 @ 2114MHz    -  16GB DDR3 @ 2666MHz / CL12

HWBOT

1 minute ago, Tech Wizard said:

Can you give some more info just than if it's worth? Are you gaming only? I would say wait for Ryzen (it's literally in 2 weeks), where you can get quad core for i3 pricing, with $59 motherboards

Yah thats good i will wait

14 minutes ago, Tech Wizard said:

Is this confirmed or are we all just getting on the hype train? I feel like everyone is getting hyped up on nothing

That's an F in the profile pic

14 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

Is this confirmed or are we all just getting on the hype train? I feel like everyone is getting hyped up on nothing

hypetrain.

I have two years before i get an alienware, and in these two years i hav very much to study i will be playing rarely is it worth upgrading to i5 or wait for alienware

2 hours ago, Mahbub said:

I have two years before i get an alienware, and in these two years i hav very much to study i will be playing rarely is it worth upgrading to i5 or wait for alienware

Don't get an Alienware, just build your own PC. Unless you mean laptop, of course. But it's probably worth getting a new CPU if it's still going to be two years...

CPU: i7 6700k (4.7 GHz) | GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW (OC) | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S | Cooling: Corsair H110i GTX | Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB WD Black | RAM: 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance LED (White) 3000MHz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | PSU: Corsair RM850i | WiFi Card: TPLink Archer T9E | Case Fans: Noctua iPPC-2000 PWM (3x 120mm in), 2x Noctua NF-A14 PWM 140mm (radiator, painted black), Fractal Venturi HP-14 (1x 140mm out)  | OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

36 minutes ago, arch_linuxos said:

Don't get an Alienware, just build your own PC. Unless you mean laptop, of course. But it's probably worth getting a new CPU if it's still going to be two years...

Yes but i will game rarely due to study. Wont 6300 run games at least on lowest

6300 will run most games just fine, depends what you play though. I mostly play older source engined games, and get 200-300 FPS, so not really struggling there. If you already have an AM3+ board, it may be worth getting an FX 83xx. You will get roughly i5 performance (in games) without having to replace the entire machine. If you do a lot of multi-tasking you will benefit from having an octa-core versus a quad core.

I used to have a FX6300 and it was fine for gaming, i had 2 GPU's running in Crossfire, so depending on what GPU you run now then i would see if you can crossfire what you have and run it a little longer until you can do a new scratch build.

If you upgrade to an i5 then you are basically going to have to build a new computer (cpu, m/board, memory) plus a full re-install. so look on ebay or some sales places and find a good crossfire setup and it will be fine.

I found the AMD GPU worked well with the FX6300 CPU.

3 hours ago, Mahbub said:

Yes but i will game rarely due to study. Wont 6300 run games at least on lowest

Is it overclocked also what gpu do you have? It'll help vastly with a decent overclock, but even that said it's not as bad a chip as everyone keeps making out, the main down side is they really hurt your frame rates under load at times, and in big multiplayer maps you really start to see the lower performance.

Balance out your game settings on high/medium and turn down some filters to low, even better if you have a high res monitor run at native res, give the gpu more work and slow down the frames its pushing. I had a 6100 at 4.4 and it was honestly a good chip for gaming for 6 years or so, It's only really with the last generation or so of games like bf1 that get un playable without tweaking game settings, 60 players at once on a map is a lot of calc for the cpu.

If your studying and money is tight, might not be a great option to upgrade. the system is fine for most school work you'll need and if it's something more powerful for editing or compiling/programing what ever just book at lab pc at your college/uni.

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige