(build log) ? J U I C E B O X • NZXT Manta • Titan X • 6700K • Z170 Stinger • FINISHED!

Hasle

#fillingherup

Tissues are in. Let's do it!

nhm_juice_91.jpg

Going with Mayhems Pastel Orange.

nhm_juice_92.jpg

nhm_juice_93.jpg

nhm_juice_94.jpg

Been leak testing for a while here, and everything seems perfect! Air bubbles are slowly receding, and it's nice and quiet. The only "leak" I had, was when I got a bit to overeager with the filling, and some fluid came out the fill port, ran down the side of the reservoir, and dripped onto the power connectors for the Titan. :S

All was good, though. No biggie.

Final state of cable management. Could be neater, but I just needed it to be flat, so the covers would fit over them...

nhm_juice_95.jpg

Voila! Really love the way these came out. It might seem silly spending so much time and effort on something you won't really see that often, but yeah. :)

nhm_juice_96.jpg

nhm_juice_97.jpg

nhm_juice_98.jpg

But this is more or less it! Here it stands in its, potentially, final form, ready to crush some games! Thanks for sticking around, hope you enjoyed the build and the result, I certainly do. :D

I'll shoot a few more glamour shots in a bit.

c u r r e n t  /  ROG MAXIMUS Z690 FORMULA  /  I7-12700K  /  2080TI  /  32GB DDR5  /  LIAN LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC

Z170 STINGER  /  6700K  /  TITAN X  /  32GB DDR4  /  NZXT MANTA  /  j u i c e b o x  build log

nohasslemods 

nhm_juice_99.jpg

nhm_juice_100.jpg

nhm_juice_101.jpg

c u r r e n t  /  ROG MAXIMUS Z690 FORMULA  /  I7-12700K  /  2080TI  /  32GB DDR5  /  LIAN LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC

Z170 STINGER  /  6700K  /  TITAN X  /  32GB DDR4  /  NZXT MANTA  /  j u i c e b o x  build log

nohasslemods 

Dammnnn that looks really good!

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

1 hour ago, DocSwag said:

Dammnnn that looks really good!

Thanks man! :)

A few more shots to wrap things up (sort of accumulated some orange peripherals over the past few months :P):

nhm_juice_102.jpg

nhm_juice_103.jpg

nhm_juice_104.jpg

nohasslemods 

black and orange is best combo

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

On 5/26/2017 at 6:27 AM, mrchow19910319 said:

Your setup looks sexy as fuck....

Thanks dude! Although, a little more pzazz has never hurt anyone...

What's that lurking in the bushes? o.O

nhm_juice_105.jpg

Oh god... YES!

nhm_juice_106.jpg'

nhm_juice_107.jpg

Sorry. :P

nohasslemods 

3 minutes ago, Hasle said:

I almost type in some japanese shit like kawayi or some shit then i thought it would be too weird. :/

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

7 hours ago, Hasle said:

that's hilarious!

:3

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Spoiler

5lur0.jpg?a415440

7 hours ago, Hasle said:

-Snip 

OMG, SO CUTE LEL!!

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

On 2017-5-25 at 0:20 PM, Hasle said:

Snip

:x That looks amazing:o

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Looks great, I initially thought you could have spray and labelled the SSD's, but with the res mounted in front it would probably have ruined the contrast you have there at the moment

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

7 hours ago, stealth80 said:

Looks great, I initially thought you could have spray and labelled the SSD's, but with the res mounted in front it would probably have ruined the contrast you have there at the moment

I certainly considered doing just that, but the SSDs are identical, so the same exact finish and such, and as you say, not very visible, so I didn't bother. :)

nohasslemods 

5 hours ago, _blackknight_ said:

if it was me I'd get rid of that flow spinner thing

But it's like a fidget spinner than you don't have to spin yourself!

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

Holy fucking molly and here I am being all happy with my first build just because of a cool case and a few RGB leds. Man, this is awesome, I hope one day I can build something as good as this!

Oh and congrats!

7 hours ago, kettu said:

Holy fucking molly and here I am being all happy with my first build just because of a cool case and a few RGB leds. Man, this is awesome, I hope one day I can build something as good as this!

Oh and congrats!

Thank you! I hope you still enjoy your build though, looks like a great mix of parts - and the InWin 301 is an awesome case - plenty of potential for modding! :D

nohasslemods 

Wow, it's not often I read through a build log as nice as this one. Awesome PC and setup.

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

Me at the Apple store: "So how fast is this little macbook?"

Apple employee: "Cheetah Fast. Lightning Fast. It's Really, really, fast."

Amazed m8.

My Rig : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MTBd2R

My VM Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rPR6gL

My Backup Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cRQYYr

My Storage Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tzzR9W

My Router : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bMPN4C

My Laptop : Lenovo Z575 with 6 GB RAM (1866 MHz), Crucial MX300 525 GB & Western Digital 2 TB (Removed optical drive)

Great build man, For a second though it was going to be a Parallel loop for that super sick clean look but didn't realize you also had the top rad, thought it was only the front one. 

Did think however with your skills for the Cable Hinder thing you would drill hopes and have a 24pin individually threaded through it with the black plate on it. 

Overall really nice man and good management of all colors not just one color going ham all over the place. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Very nice build man, I don't have the balls or knowhow to do a loop lol

9 hours ago, Not_Sean said:

Great build man, For a second though it was going to be a Parallel loop for that super sick clean look but didn't realize you also had the top rad, thought it was only the front one. 

Did think however with your skills for the Cable Hinder thing you would drill hopes and have a 24pin individually threaded through it with the black plate on it. 

Overall really nice man and good management of all colors not just one color going ham all over the place. 

My initial idea was actually going parallel loop, but the ports on the CPU and GPU block didn't line up quite right, and I knew it would bug the hell out of me if the runs weren't straight. I spent weeks pondering how to do the loop, and settled on this solution, as I liked the simplicity of it - especially the "stealth" fittings on the GPU, hiding the tubing under the card, mimicked by the upward-facing fittings on the CPU block.

Your idea with feeding the ATX cable through the acrylic plate is ingenious - why didn't I think of that? Would have looked so awesome! The plate was a bit of an afterthought in the final stages of assembly, so it actually never crossed my mind. :D

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

There a matter I'd like to discuss a bit, regarding...

#temps'n'overclocking

Before I chose the Manta for the project, I did hear talk about its relatively limited ability to dissipate heat, but figured I would be in the clear with just the four fans, and was willing to sacrifice some overclocking for the design of the case. After doing the initial light benchmarking, I jumped straight into overclocking, but soon realized that there wasn't much leeway with the way I had things set up, and soon decided to stick to stock values, to have a more silent system.

My CPU idle temps are good, hovering around 28-31C, and a GPU temp around 26C, with a practically silent system - very low fan RPM, and the pump speed at around 70%. But as soon as I delve into games that put a heavy toll on my system, like my heavily modded SweetFX-induced and beyond-Ultra set Witcher 3, things get quite toasty with CPU temps hovering around 68-71C spiking up to 80C if I mess around in nVidia Ansel too much, but GPU temps staying in the low end around 50C as the highest I've seen - maybe there's some headroom here for some light GPU overclocking, but that would again affect the CPU temp, so I'll just leave it.

But again, it's a very compact system - most of the airflow is restricted on either side - small indirect air in- and outlets on the front and top of the case, and the reservoir, pump and cables hindering the airflow through the front radiator. Just something to keep in mind if anyone here's thinking about investing in a Manta. :)

I think I'll try installing a slim 120mm fan as rear exhaust, and try to see if that helps circulate the air a bit better.

nohasslemods