Tapatalk Support

JoostinOnline
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

We used to have tapatalk, but it caused a number of issues and didn't work particularly well anyway, so it has been removed.

Unlike having to develop your own app (yes, I read the declined suggestions thread), adding Tapatalk support is actually quite easy, and free.  I have it on my own forum.  Here is a link to the site.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

We used to have tapatalk, but it caused a number of issues and didn't work particularly well anyway, so it has been removed.

HTTP/2 203

That's a shame.  It would be nice to access all forums from one app, but I guess there's nothing that can be done about that.

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

That app was buggy as fuck, but the mobile version on my chrome isn't better either. I would just stick with desktop version ... casual browsing is fine but other than that is pain to use. 

Magical Pineapples

How long ago did you use it?  I never have problems with Tapatalk (not counting when I was in the beta testing program), and I've been using it for years.  I mostly browse vBulletin forums though, so it might have something to do with the IPBoard plugin specifically.

7 hours ago, MrUnknownEMC said:

That app was buggy as fuck, but the mobile version on my chrome isn't better either. I would just stick with desktop version ... casual browsing is fine but other than that is pain to use. 

Whats wrong with mobile site? I know I can't tag anyone and working with quotes is bit pain. But other than that there's no major issues to make it annoying.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

17 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Whats wrong with mobile site? I know I can't tag anyone and working with quotes is bit pain. But other than that there's no major issues to make it annoying.

Editing and replying post is buggy. 

Magical Pineapples

4 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Tagging as in mentioning someone?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

4 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

It's not like it's terrible, but I'd rather have all forums in one app.  This is the only one I follow that doesn't have a Tapatalk plugin.  With Tapatalk I can add a direct link to open a forum.  I am annoyed by the mobile site's notification system.  It takes two clicks to pull up notifications, which just seems unnecessary.  It's just a minor annoyance, but when you've got a lot of them it takes more time.

In the end, it's just more  convenient, but if the IPBoard plugin is buggy then I understand why the staff doesn't add it.

10 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

How long ago did you use it?  I never have problems with Tapatalk (not counting when I was in the beta testing program), and I've been using it for years.  I mostly browse vBulletin forums though, so it might have something to do with the IPBoard plugin specifically.

Within the last year if my memory servers me correctly, not sure if the issues we experienced were limited to the IPS version of the plugin.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

16 hours ago, MrUnknownEMC said:

The infamous Tapatalk bug with UK three users, it would auto kick us as it was viewed as tethering although we were still being kicked with plans and whatever with tethering included xD.

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

9 minutes ago, Blade of Grass said:

Within the last year if my memory servers me correctly, not sure if the issues we experienced were limited to the IPS version of the plugin.

Well it didn't exist in the vBulletin one.  I've been running it on my forum for 5 years now.

4 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

The infamous Tapatalk bug with UK three users, it would auto kick us as it was viewed as tethering although we were still being kicked with plans and whatever with tethering included xD.

It used to give me completing wrong threads, no able to go next page, pictures not loading. The mobile app back than was better than tapatalk. 

Magical Pineapples

16 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Tagging as in mentioning someone?

Yeah. But it is only issue if you are using Firefox.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv