(Updated with more details) Nintendo Official: Switch will launch March 3rd - $299

shermantanker
2 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

It looks interesting, but if I buy it will probably be like I did with PS4: in the middle of the console's lifetime once it gets really cheap and there are a good number of quality exclusives. Even better at bargain basement prices like all the exclusives I picked up when I got my PoorStation last month. But Mario Odyssey might test my console buying strategy. xD

That will probably end up being me, and I will likely end up buying scorpio before anything else. (after I get my 1080 ti first ;))

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

1 minute ago, Hunter115 said:

why i don t get it

it looks fun but not enought

I'm buying a 1080ti for freaking Mass Effect... I won't play that game until I have one.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

1 minute ago, shermantanker said:

I'm buying a 1080ti for freaking Mass Effect... I won't play that game until I have one.

i am probably the wrong person to buy a switch than

2 minutes ago, Hunter115 said:

I don't understand the hype for the release, there aren't any launch titles besides Zelda and Mario Kart.

Half the time, the only incentive people need to buy a new Nintendo console is a new Zelda. That's why it's a launch title.

On a side note: Grammar, man.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

14 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Hell I am excited too. The last portable gaming device I had was a PSP. And the last portable gaming device I can recall of was Ps Vita and Nintendo 3DS

Man I hated my PSP. I was literally bored to death with it the second day I had it, and within a couple of weeks I had jailbroken it to play 8-bit NES games. Though mostly just my roommate used it. Then to add insult to injury I had to work on a few DS games a couple months after (I was working as a game tester for a large publisher) and saw just how amazing the DS was, how much better it worked as a portable gaming machine. I was smart enough to not go by specs when I chose Game Boy over Game Gear as a kid, but I got caught up in it choosing PSP vs DS and made the retarded choice. xD

I've gotta say, I'm really...

Spoiler

disappointed. You're done.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

1 minute ago, Dash Lambda said:

Half the time, the only incentive people need to buy a new Nintendo console is a new Zelda. That's why it's a launch title.

On a side note: Grammar, man.

sry man i am bad in grammar in my own language

1 minute ago, huilun02 said:

How about no? 

pricing is 8 $ a month

37 minutes ago, shermantanker said:

-Switch will switch from a free to a paid online service... No pricing as of yet. - Verge

I ain't paying for that bullshit.

Edited by Dash Lambda
Edited for brevity.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

4 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

source? how do you know

i read it on the nintendo website

37 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

I ain't paying for that bullshit.

Well you're not alone. I'm not picking up mario kart or splatoon with that revelation, and likely the same goes from most multiplayer focused switch titles too.

When they said $300 it felt like a punch in the gut. All of my hyped just drained in an instant. Nintendo didn't learn a single fucking thing from the 3DS launch or the Wii U. Casual bullshit titles that will NEVER be Wii Sports. Nintendo will NEVER replicate the Wii and they completely botched the reveal of everything. $250 was the perfect, the fucking perfect price for the Switch. $300 as the base price is too much. You can buy a PS4 or XB1 for that price. The new Nvidia Shield (with a higher clocked Tegra X1) is half the price. The price of accessories is insane. Is Nintendo trying to commit suicide? Someone fire the entire board of directors and find people that know what the hell they're doing.

Launch window games trailers:

Project OCTOPATH

Sonic Manic (2D old school Sonic)

Puyo Puyo Tetris

Mario Kart 8 - Deluxe

Super Bomberman R

Splatoone 2

Super Mario Odyssey (holidays 2017)

Also, sadly no trailer, Ultra Street Fighter 2 is coming.

Screenshots and info here: http://www.capcom.co.jp/usf2/

14 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Launch window games trailers:

*Trailers removed to prevent massive quote*

Holiday doesn't count as launch window. And there is absolutely zero chance that XB2 or Octopath are releasing this year, much less within the launch window.

Some of the specs of the system are:

• 6.2 inch screen (same size as the WiiU gamepad controller screen, if you want to visualize it)
  • Display is a capacitive multi-touch screen.
  • Display resolution: 720p (WiiU was 480p)
  • Console can do 1080p 60fps when docked. The system overclocks when docks (or plugged in), and outputs over HDMI this higher resolution.
  • 2.5h to 6h battery life depending on the game and screen brightness
  • HD rumble pack controllers allowing fine simulation of things in reality, like a glass with ice cubes inside, allowing you to be more submerged in the gaming world
  • Uses standard USB Type-C connector to charge, allowing easy connection with external batteries to extended sessions
  • Console is region lock free
  • Has wireless AC support
  • Controllers has sensor that can detect distance and hand shape when put in front of it.
  • Up to 8 system can be connected wirelessly for local multiplayer / mini LAN party
  • 32GB of storage BUT expandable via microSD card ( microSDHC  and microSDXC supported)
  • Dock features 2 USB ports for charging the joycns, and plugging in a USB Switch Ethernet Gigabit adapter (sold separately)
  • 5.1 surround sound support via HDMI

In typical fashion with Nintendo, we know nothing about the CPU, GPU and RAM.

Source: http://www.polygon.com/2017/1/13/14255984/nintendo-switch-hardware-specifications-screen-resolution

The console is $499.99 Canadian, or $1.00 Canadian Tier money, thanks to a currency going to the bin.

I hope you are rich.

Extra Docks (includes power adapter and HDMI cable), is $90 US. (no price in Canada)

1x Joyon (left OR right) is $49.99 US, BUT you can buy both bundled for $79.99 US. ($64.99$ Canadian and bundle: $99.99)

Pro controller is $69.99 US. ($89.99 Canadian)

Source: http://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/switch/buy-now/

4 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

I hope you are rich.

Extra Docks (includes power adapter and HDMI cable), is $90 US. (no price in Canada)

1x Joyon (left OR right) is $49.99 US, BUT you can buy both bundled for $79.99 US. ($64.99$ Canadian and bundle: $99.99)

Pro controller is $69.99 US. ($89.99 Canadian)

Source: http://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/switch/buy-now/

Holy cow, $69.99 USD for the pro controller?? Why is it so expensive?

1 minute ago, Magnetorheological said:

Holy cow, $69.99 USD for the pro controller?? Why is it so expensive?

Apparently Nintendo believes stuffing in old tech and "advanced" rumble into the controls magically makes it worth insane amounts of money.

2 hours ago, shermantanker said:

EA Confirmed FIFA will be leased on the Switch, but no ETA on that.

I mean they ported it to the ps2 , so it shud run on the switch

FIFA-14-PS2-box.jpg

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

I might buy it just because it's not region locked. I want some Japanese  exclusive Games in my life. :D

2 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

DS? Without the 3? So it's technically 1DS? 

yes, the original DS could only play games in one dimension

Evga GTX 1080 SC ACX | Ryzen 5600X | MSI Tomahawk B550 | 16GB Vengeance 3600MHz | EVGA 650P2 | HAF X | WD SN850X | Asus MG287Q 1440p 144Hz

3 hours ago, JAKEBAB said:

Fifa street needs to come back on this!

Almost forgot that this thing existed lol

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide