Your favorite single player games

DocBrown

Hey so in a little over 1 month i will be building this pc: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JVccgL and since i've been 'gaming' at low settings 25 fps on csgo on my laptop i want to know what games should i buy? The price doesn't matter but i do like fps/ 3rd person (T.T. walking dead type) of games. Thanks 

Personally, my favourite is Mirror's Edge: Catalyst. I absolutely love that game. 

Oblivion is another favourite of mine, but that's due to the story. The visuals and gameplay are really showing their age now. 

I loved sleeping dogs, quantum break, mirror's edge catalyst, and AC unity

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

Skyrim also get a 480 

I have played it on my 360 and as much as i love that game i was looking for something new and less open... like the story of portal if that makes sense

If you like 3rd person and shooters try the Mass Effect series and fallout series. (Download origin now and you can claim the 2nd game in the ME series for free!)

If you like getting creative try besiege, I have wasted so many hours of my life in that game. 

I have to say personally Metal Gear Solid series is my favorite single player franchise but i'm biased to that hence the name lol

In terms of a good single player experience I had a heck of alot of fun with The Witcher 3, Obvs Skyrim lol, Borderlands 2, Any JRPG's emulated or on the PC, Dark Souls series, , Farcry 3/4 and most recently Mad Max & Shadow of Mordor

In terms of single player FPS I would recommend Shadow Warrior 2 (that game is gorgeous) Mirror's edge catalyst, Bulletstorm (Little outdated graphically but the leash ability and the kick is fun as heck) DOOM 2016 is awesome although the original Doom still is my favorite :) and for something different entirely you should check out The Evil Within.

Yes, definitely the Mass Effect trilogy! Also, Skyrim, Titanfall, and Doom. Enjoy your new computer dude!

Borderlands 2

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

12 hours ago, KE2012 said:

If you like 3rd person and shooters try the Mass Effect series and fallout series. (Download origin now and you can claim the 2nd game in the ME series for free!)

If you like getting creative try besiege, I have wasted so many hours of my life in that game. 

I'll vouch for Besiege. Fantastic game!

Try the Souls games, they're really fun. As well as that, they've got great lore if you're into the story of a game as well as good gameplay :)

Current Build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 // Mobo: Ryzen AM4 B350 GAMING PLUS ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz // GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 580 Gaming 8GB // SSD: Kingston A400 120GB // HDD: 3 x WD Blue 1TB // PSUCorsair 650M // Case: Corsair 450D // Monitor: LG Ultrawide 29" IPS

Plex Server:

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black Edition // Mobo: Gigabyte - GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 Micro ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz // GPU: GeForce GTX 670 // HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB // PSU: Kolink Core Series 500W 80 Plus Certified // Case: AVP Viper Mini Tower

Other:

PS4 Pro // PS3 // Nintendo Switch (Pokemon edition) // Nintendo 3DS // Xbox 360 // iPhone 8 Plus // Macbook Retina 2013

Witcher 2/3, Mafia 2, Sleeping Dogs, Orcs Must Die 2, Batman Arkham games

Finally got PS4 Pro

Witcher 3. Don't even wait for a sale, totally worth full price.

CPU: i7 4790K @ 4.5ghz | Mobo: Asus B85MG | RAM: Corsair Vengence 16GB 1600Mhz | GPU: R9 390X 

SSD: Kingston 240GB | PSU: Corsair CXM 600W | Case: CIT Dominator + 6 Corsair AF120 Fans all around | 

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master TX3 | Monitor: BenQ XL2730z 144Mhz 1440p | 

Keyboard: Corsair STRAFE | Mouse: Razer DeatherAdder Chroma

17 hours ago, DocBrown said:

I have played it on my 360 and as much as i love that game i was looking for something new and less open... like the story of portal if that makes sense

Metro 1+2

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Metro Redux Bundle, should be 4,99€ on a sale

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Witcher 3

Metro series

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow Of Chernobyl, Hitman Blood Money and Dark Souls 3 are my all time favourites.  The Metro series is also superb.

"Give a man a mask and he will become his true self." -Oscar Wilde

Spoiler

CPU Intel Core i5 6600k @ 3.5GHz GPU MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Motherboard Asus Z170 Pro Gaming RAM Kingston Fury 2x4GB DDR4 2666MHz PSU XFX 650W Storage Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, Kingston 128GB SSD OS Windows 10

I'd have to say GTA 5, I had so much fun with that game, plus using mods was super fun.

I'm not sure if you have checked out the Redux mod but it's like a whole new game with this.

Doom, Forza Horizon 3, and The Binding of Isaac are all amazing single player experiences.

Desktop: i5-6600k w/ be quiet! Pure Rock cooler. | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 | ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4 mobo | Patriot Viper 16GB DDR4-3000 | 240GB Sandisk SSD | Corsair 500r Case (White) | HTC Vive!! | Shitty Insignia monitor

Peripherals: Razer BlackWidow Chroma | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Sennheiser 558

Phone: Nexus 5x
Tablet: Amazon Fire tablet (2015)

Usually I haven't played much singleplayer, but I must say, I enjoy Assassins Creed: Black Flag lately. 

Core i5 3570k 4,5GHz - ASRock Z77 Extreme4 - Corsair Vengeance 16GB - Asus GTX 1070 ROG STRIX - Samsung 830 128GB/Samsung 850 Evo 500GB - Antec TP 650W - Fractal Design Define R4

Hmmm, my most favorite is not even on PC.

So, hmmm, you mentioned Portal, so Talos Principle comes to mind.  Another that comes up is Dishonored or SOMA.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

GTA SA is awesome :)

6900k. 64GB DDR4 3200. ASUS Rampage V Edition TEN. GTX TITAN X Pascal SLi.