MetallicAcid's Fractal Effect 304

MetallicAcid

Just awesome! Are you swedish? Noticed your friend's name. Keep up the good work!

Intel Core i5 4670K | Sapphire R9 290 | Define R4 | Gigabyte Z87X-D3H | 8Gb Ballistix | Corsair RM650 | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | Seagate Barracuda 1TB |

Would love to be the owner of the: nAMDvidia Titation 3000 ultra-xt Platinum Edition :D

Oh man, this sounds awesome

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

Just awesome! Are you swedish? Noticed your friend's name. Keep up the good work!

well, it says he's located in Sweden, so I assume he is swedish. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

Wow! just wow, i cannot wait !!!!!!

Thanks Lost. I can't wait either!!! Ants in my pants ;)

I am not Swedish, but Henrik is.I am just an Australian immigrant in Sweden married to a swedish girl :D And cheers for the positive comments!

Oh man, this sounds awesome

Thanks matey. 

MetallicAcid

http://www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustomspcs

well, it says he's located in Sweden, so I assume he is swedish.

i was on a mobile device so i didn't see it, sorry..

Intel Core i5 4670K | Sapphire R9 290 | Define R4 | Gigabyte Z87X-D3H | 8Gb Ballistix | Corsair RM650 | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | Seagate Barracuda 1TB |

Would love to be the owner of the: nAMDvidia Titation 3000 ultra-xt Platinum Edition :D

Update 5

The Node 304 arrives to steal the show.

Hey guys and girls!

Today was all about the Fractal Design Node 304. I would like to give you a photo tour of this case, and give you my first impressions with working on this case. I can start off by saying that I am thoroughly impressed with the quality of this case, and I now want one for myself! Anyways, on with the tour!

Packaging

The Fractal Design Node 304 was well packaged with a thick cardboard box protecting the precious cargo inside. The Node 304 had a plastic bag around the case to protect it from dust and debris. Outside of this plastic protection was a styrofoam packing on all four sides holding the case securely in the middle. Nothing to fault at all.

DSC03936_zps2f9aa733.jpg

DSC03937_zps4906605e.jpg

DSC03938_zps17668ab4.jpg

Outside

If I had to sum up the Node 304 in 1 word, it would be "Quality". The paint work on this case is fantastic. The whole case felt solid, like a bomb shelter, when I think back and compare it the Silverstone Temjin TJ08-E which I own and used in my previous mod. The only 1 gripe that I had with this Node 304 though was that the screws were overtightened from the factory. I stripped one screw trying to remove the HDD/SSD bracket, and then drilled the rest of it out as the "rubber band trick" did not work.

DSC03939_zpse12b5561.jpg

DSC03940_zps9e2553a5.jpg

DSC03943_zps0fa08cf3.jpg

DSC03944_zps587ecc45.jpg

DSC03945_zps9f906a2d.jpg

DSC03946_zps7ff81180.jpg

Inside:

This case is fairly roomy inside once I took out the HDD/SSD holders. I can understand that it gets cramped if someone is to use this case as a media server/NAS and trying to fit in 200+ storage devices (OK, I am maybe exaggerating... A little). But I am going for a pure gaming rig here, so those big and bulky things have gots to go!!

DSC03947_zps0f6ce6d2.jpg

DSC03948_zps823fdbea.jpg

DSC03949_zps44139837.jpg

DSC03950_zps31558f16.jpg

DSC03951_zps9bd85377.jpg

DSC03952_zps6251fe1c.jpg

Until next time guys!

MetallicAcid

I used this case in black for my dad and it was a really fun build. I didn't know white was an option. It is beautiful. Looking forward to the finished result!!

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

I really enjoyed your build in the Tj08-e and voted for your build for the monthly mod competition on Overclock.net can not wait to see how this turns out.

Waiting for more!    

I don't want to be rude, but that case looks a lot like my microwave  :lol: 

Keep up the good work.

Thanks man! The next update should be very soon!

To each his own :P

I wish my microwave looked like this :P

I used this case in black for my dad and it was a really fun build. I didn't know white was an option. It is beautiful. Looking forward to the finished result!!

Thank you Monty :) This case is killer, and I know it is going to be a challenge but also rewarding when it is completed.

I really enjoyed your build in the Tj08-e and voted for your build for the monthly mod competition on Overclock.net can not wait to see how this turns out.

I thank you again tree for the vote! This will not be in the MOTM comp as the build is on multiple forums... Maybe BOTW here on Linus?

Thanks for all of the support and comments everyone, I have so much motivation to do the best that I can and show a great build to you guys :)

MetallicAcid

I love this case! Cant wait to see what you can create with it. Subbed ^^

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

Update 6

Proud sponsor #2 MSCB.se

Welcome to another installment of the Mass Effect inspired Node 304 from Fractal Design! I would like to announce MSCB.se as sponsor for all of my cable sleeving needs!

MSCB is a locally run small business here in Sweden, run by a young man named Mikael Svensson. He is single handedly fighting to bring independant sleeving to Sweden by importing and distributing high quality sleeving at a fraction of the cost of his market competition. I wish him the best of luck and give him support by highlighting his product in my latest project.

I have snapped a couple of quick shots of the sleeving, but I am afraid that my unprofessional photography skills do not do the sleeving justice.

DSC03965_zps5ee8a457.jpg

DSC03963_zpsb86b2f5a.jpg

DSC03961_zpsf18e73d3.jpg

DSC03959_zps18fd1c3e.jpg

DSC03958_zps8bad10d4.jpg

standard-log-c9adad_zps638a2c66.jpg

In a mini text update, I have finished the filing, sanding, cleaning, gluing for the aluminium panels. I have even painted the base colour, and just finished the last coats of white for them, and will be masking off and filling in the edges with a half dark gray. Completed photos should be coming in by the end of the weekend. I have also made the decision that I will make a PSU shroud with some lines/design cut into it, and lit from underneath very much like in my ROG V Gene TJ08-E build. Imagine a white painted panel with orange and white LEDs shining from underneath :D This shroud also provides a platform for attaching P-clips for the 24pin and 8pin cables.

Oh yeahhhh..... This is going to be F*****G AWESOME when finished! I just might not let Henrik have it back...

Until next time,

MetallicAcid

Oh yeahhhh..... This is going to be F*****G AWESOME when finished! I just might not let Henrik have it back...

Until next time,
MetallicAcid

This ^^

@MetallicAcid

it says you removed those pics

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Thanks for the heads up! I had not moved anything though, but I do know that the upload of the pics took for ever. I have reposted the same pictures again and the links should now work like they should. Otherwise Photobucket can refund my money and I will upload with another host :D

MetallicAcid

Beautiful!

CPU: i5 2500k@4.2 MBO: Asrock P67 Extreme4 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 560Ti 1GB RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600 SSD: Samsung 840 Basic 250 HDD: Samsung F3 1TB + WD 2TB Green + WD MyBook 1TB external; ODD: LG BD/DVDRW; PSU: Corsair TX 650
Case: Fractal Define R3 Black Pearl; Mouse/Keyboard Logitech Performance MX + Wireless K800; Monitor: Dell U2311H 

Beautiful!

Thanks Dacho! I hope you stick around for future updates :)

As a mini update, I have broken the warranty seal on the PSU, unscrewed the lid, and started cutting cables! Tomorrow (at work ;) ) I will be masking off the white portions of the top armor plates, and painting the uncovered areas dark gray! You guys can expect pictures tomorrow night :D

MetallicAcid

Update 7

Warranty? Pfft, that's for losers and pussies (Part1)

Welcome to Justin's mad house of defouling electronics' warranties in the pursuit of beautification and functionality! In this update I would like to present to you the Fractal Design Newton R3 600W semi-modular PSU, and how in total disregard for its "Void warranty if removed" sticker - removed the top, and took around inside. No work has been done just yet though, but at least I know what I am dealing with now :D Here is what I seen:

DSC03969_zps4227b4c8.jpg

DSC03966_zpsc0011491.jpg

DSC03972_zpsbb001883.jpg

DSC03973_zps0333d4c4.jpg

DSC03974_zpsab02c357.jpg

I would like to get your opinions on which type of sleeving option would be the most aesthetically pleasing. I made a copy of mockups and pumped out a render to try and show in better detail what the 24pin could look like.

cables_zps94eef0f3.jpg

Please let me what you think about this project. I really want to hear what you are thinking, and what I can improve on. I want to build the best PC I can for Henrik, and any feedback from you guys would be greatly appreaciated!

Best regards,

MetallicAcid

bottom right keeps with the Mass Effect theme with the asymmetrical design. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K | Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | Motherboard: GA-H61N-USB3 | RAM: Corsair 8GB 1333 MHz Video CardEVGA GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB DDR5

Power Supply: Corsair CX 430 | SSD: Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: 2X Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm | Monitor Asus PB238Q & Asus PB278Q

Mouse: Lenovo N50 | Keyboard: Apple Pro Keyboard | Operating Systems: Hackintosh OS X 10.8.5 & Windows 8.1

bottom right keeps with the Mass Effect theme with the asymmetrical design. 

This one

mE0DbMn.png

These two options are my favourites at the moment. I like the far left as it fits the Mass Effect theme on the right arm of the armour, but on the other hand the on on the far right are just nice and simple, and wont make the inside of the case look too busy! Oh design options, how you plague me with your indifference...

Thanks for the input guys :)

MetallicAcid

If you're not voiding any warranties while modding you're doing it wrong :P. My friend Arvid recently moved from Sweden

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/