high quality speakers

Dackzy
7 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

well I am sensitive to sound, so 50% is most likely the max I would ever use.

Out of the three amps you linked which one would you pick?

I probably wouldn't get the tomman one as i don't trust my self nether mind anyone else with a amplifier which is too powerful also stop the problem of a mate going lets turn this music up and ramming the amp to max and breaking the speakers.
The other two are probably so similar wouldn't matter just pick the one which takes your fancy.

5 minutes ago, Stagea said:

He was referring to terminal bridging of the LF and HF portions of the speaker's passive network (running the high level inputs in parallel), and not bridging an amplifier.

Didnt think of that. I still wouldnt both too much since from a read of the manual it seems it has a built in cross over but not 100% sure on that so if you know dont hold back.
But it accepts single wiring so I would go with that.  Unless it doesnt actually have a cross over built in.

8955035090d44d34bd368543a84df841.png

8 minutes ago, Stagea said:

This is not how it works. The system gain structure does not solely dictate the power output, and speaker power handling ratings do not dictate the program level that they're supposed to run at.

Im not explaining gain structure on this website, its hard enough sometime explaining to people how to plug a jack cable in on this website.
Basic to it, too high get clipping too low wont break the noise floor.
The trick really is to set everything to the highest possible level without clipping then in most cases youve avoid the noise floor.
Also hes got two things the amp and the output of his computer hardly got a lot to deal with to get a good gain structure.

JBL Studio 230s. Rear ported, though. Best speakers in their price range. Great for movies, gaming and music too. Awesome tweeters. See Z Reviews' video on YouTube.

10 minutes ago, YonathanZ said:

JBL Studio 230s. Rear ported, though. Best speakers in their price range. Great for movies, gaming and music too. Awesome tweeters. See Z Reviews' video on YouTube.

never listen to him. his "reviews" are way way way too opinionated and he cannot describe things. "they are just good because they are good" wtf is that BS? He has proven time and time again that he should be taken as a joke.

Also I have found the speakers I want, Monitor Audio bronze 2. I know JBL and I generally like JBL pro, but I do not find them to be on the same level as the Bronze 2 and they are rear ported and that is not a good thing for me.

For amps or receivers, these are my options and I will buy one of them when I get the Bronze 2.

1. Marantz SR4003 (used)

2. DENON AVR-X520BT (new)

3. American Audio VLP300 (new)

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

never listen to him. his "reviews" are way way way too opinionated and he cannot describe things. "they are just good because they are good" wtf is that BS? He has proven time and time again that he should be taken as a joke.

Also I have found the speakers I want, Monitor Audio bronze 2. I know JBL and I generally like JBL pro, but I do not find them to be on the same level as the Bronze 2 and they are rear ported and that is not a good thing for me.

For amps or receivers, these are my options and I will buy one of them when I get the Bronze 2.

1. Marantz SR4003 (used)

The Bronze 2 should be great, too. Really, all $400 speakers are great unless they're "designer" bullshit.

7 minutes ago, YonathanZ said:

The Bronze 2 should be great, too. Really, all $400 speakers are great unless they're "designer" bullshit.

like with headphones some are overpriced and some hit above their price range in terms of audio quality. I heard the Bronze 2 today and I think they hit hard in their price range if not above in terms of audio quality.

I also heard some Dali zensor 3 and JBL Studio 230, don't get me wrong all are great, but I think the Bronze 2 edged them out and well because I won't be able to give them more space rear ported isn't that great for me.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

3 hours ago, Dackzy said:

1. Marantz SR4003 (used)

The marantz or the VLP300 the Denon just has blank for 8 ohms which just fills me with confidence.

5 minutes ago, Ahoy Hoy said:

The marantz or the VLP300 the Denon just has blank for 8 ohms which just fills me with confidence.

oh I did not see that.

Then 

1. Marantz

2. VLP300

The Marantz would be neat, when it comes to volume adjusting and it has digital input

6 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

oh I did not see that.

Then 

1. Marantz

2. VLP300

The Marantz would be neat, when it comes to volume adjusting and it has digital input

Marantz gets my vote.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Just now, KaminKevCrew said:

Marantz gets my vote.

well I am also going for that, but if the seller sells it before I get my speakers, then I will look used again and if I do not find anything, then I will get the VLP300.

On 11/17/2016 at 3:55 PM, Ahoy Hoy said:

Didnt think of that. I still wouldnt both too much since from a read of the manual it seems it has a built in cross over but not 100% sure on that so if you know dont hold back.
But it accepts single wiring so I would go with that.  Unless it doesnt actually have a cross over built in.

It does have a built-in crossover; most consumer 2-way speakers do (except maybe the cheapest ones that run the woofers full-range, and are electrically 1.5-way if the voice coil inductance is factored out).

3 hours ago, Ahoy Hoy said:

It does carry a rating for an 8 ohm and a 6 ohm resistive load on the high outputs. It should not have any problem driving the Monitor Audio Bronze 2. The Bronze 2 is a benign load to amps if you look at equivalent peak dissipation resistance data plots (above average minimum EPDR value). With just 2 channels being driven, the Denon should just breeze through (like the two other amps).

3 hours ago, Dackzy said:

oh I did not see that.

Then 

1. Marantz

2. VLP300

I agree on the Marantz. Just ignore the HDMI input as it's just an input switcher. If you'd be using SPDIF, it should be golden.

You could try and find some old Bang & Olufsen hardware. I use two 15" tall Beovox 1001 bookshelf speakers from them and although they were made in 1974 they still pack a punch and are F***ing great speakers too. Then I use a small audio amp board to power them with a hacked up usb cable to power it with USB port:

http://www.jackvandijk.nl/hifi_equipment.php?Id=24

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221908535360?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Edit: How about these used passive speakers 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bang-Olufsen-Beovox-S50-Passive-Loudspeakers-B-O-Speakers-/122230728060?hash=item1c7584e57c:g:ifMAAOSwux5YLuCQ

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

21 minutes ago, Brennan_Price said:

SNIP

There are some problems with buying so old speakers. The foam can be bad or close to bad, wirering, and drivers.

I do like the look of the Beovox S55, but I have no idea about their sound quality or sound signature.

4 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

There are some problems with buying so old speakers. The foam can be bad or close to bad, wirering, and drivers.

I do like the look of the Beovox S55, but I have no idea about their sound quality or sound signature.

May I just say that it says used but is in great condition. In description it says here:

Condition

Excellent condition for age, with clear, balanced sound and new foam edges for the woofers, which often perish if not replaced. 

There is a little separation on the corners of the cabinets, but nothing detracting. Veneer and speaker fascists are in excellent condition, along with the frets.

There is a total of two pegs missing from the speaker covers, neither of which prevents them locating or holding properly. 

Yeah I can see why you like the S55's tbh. They are great speakers also.

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

Just now, Brennan_Price said:

May I just say that it says used but is in great condition. In description it says here:

Condition

Excellent condition for age, with clear, balanced sound and new foam edges for the woofers, which often perish if not replaced. 

There is a little separation on the corners of the cabinets, but nothing detracting. Veneer and speaker fascists are in excellent condition, along with the frets.

There is a total of two pegs missing from the speaker covers, neither of which prevents them locating or holding properly. 

Yeah I can see why you like the S55's tbh. They are great speakers.

well I was not talking about those (S50), I was talking about these

http://www.dba.dk/hoejttaler-bang-olufsen/id-1029037014/

New foam rings.

They look classy as F xD 

I am pretty set on the Bronze 2, but I might also buy those and then get a single 50w amp that has support for 4 and 8 ohm.

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

well I was not talking about those (S50), I was talking about these

http://www.dba.dk/hoejttaler-bang-olufsen/id-1029037014/

New foam rings.

They look classy as F xD 

I am pretty set on the Bronze 2, but I might also buy those and then get a single 50w amp that has support for 4 and 8 ohm.

Yeah dw I know which ones you were on about haha but they do look great don't they. Sadly I cannot tell you anything about how they sound because I don't own them. My friend used to have a pair. Personally I am not keen on the look of the Bronze 2's but that is my opinion on it. I prefer old looking speakers that are basic too. Then again, I listen to a lot of music from their time period like 1972 Nektar - A tab in the Ocean. Great music haha!!

My Rig:

1 minute ago, Brennan_Price said:

Yeah dw I know which ones you were on about haha but they do look great don't they. Sadly I cannot tell you anything about how they sound because I don't own them. My friend used to have a pair. Personally I am not keen on the look of the Bronze 2's but that is my opinion on it. I prefer old looking speakers that are basic too. Then again, I listen to a lot of music from their time period like 1972 Nektar - A tab in the Ocean. Great music haha!!

Well I don't mind the looks of the bronze 2 and they sound great. I will use the speakers for music (rock, metal, rap, pop, basically everything) and movies. I guess that I need to contact the seller and see if I can hear them. I want something with some more treble than I already have, my speakers aren't that detailed when it comes to treble.

So I think that I will try to get them both and see if I can get 30-40$ off what the B&O seller wants, the worst that can happen is that I have a smexy looking B&O speakers standing in my room.

Just now, Dackzy said:

Well I don't mind the looks of the bronze 2 and they sound great. I will use the speakers for music (rock, metal, rap, pop, basically everything) and movies. I guess that I need to contact the seller and see if I can hear them. I want something with some more treble than I already have, my speakers aren't that detailed when it comes to treble.

So I think that I will try to get them both and see if I can get 30-40$ off what the B&O seller wants, the worst that can happen is that I have a smexy looking B&O speakers standing in my room.

Hahaha, true dat. You cannot beat a good lookin' mighty fine pair of B&O. If you want the Bronze 2's though then I think you should get them because they will clearly reach the diverse amount of things you will listen to on them. 

Maybe you could set up a small PC to go with the B&O's. Then use them for home theatre and that will look bad ass. Then obviously use the Bronze 2's for your main rig.

My Rig:

Hahaha, true dat. You cannot beat a good lookin' mighty fine pair of B&O. If you want the Bronze 2's though then I think you should get them because they will clearly reach the diverse amount of things you will listen to on them. 

Maybe you could set up a small PC to go with the B&O's. Then use them for home theatre and that will look bad ass. Then obviously use the Bronze 2's for your main rig.

yeah I could do that, I just need to find another decent receiver on the cheap that has support for 4 ohm 50w.

The thing is, my next (bigger) room is going to be about 3m x 4m, it is a pretty big upgrade from what I have right now, but it is still going to be a bit cramped with all that audio equipment...

4 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

yeah I could do that, I just need to find another decent receiver on the cheap that has support for 4 ohm 50w.

The thing is, my next (bigger) room is going to be about 3m x 4m, it is a pretty big upgrade from what I have right now, but it is still going to be a bit cramped with all that audio equipment...

How about this guy as an option:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-CHANNEL-AUDIO-AMPLIFIER-HI-FI-HOME-CINEMA-SURROUND-SOUND-RECEIVER-MICROPHONE-/231098801428?hash=item35ce8fdd14:g:fk0AAOSw1-RUY1Uw

It supports up to 400W max with 4 ohm and 8 ohm impedance.

Sorry for just using eBay links but I know where to find the stuff I am looking for that way haha.

My Rig:

4 minutes ago, Brennan_Price said:

How about this guy as an option:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-CHANNEL-AUDIO-AMPLIFIER-HI-FI-HOME-CINEMA-SURROUND-SOUND-RECEIVER-MICROPHONE-/231098801428?hash=item35ce8fdd14:g:fk0AAOSw1-RUY1Uw

It supports up to 400W max with 4 ohm and 8 ohm impedance.

Sorry for just using eBay links but I know where to find the stuff I am looking for that way haha.

No problem. I am looking around myself, I know some guys and I can probaly get a 50w stereo amp for 50-60$

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

No problem. I am looking around myself, I know some guys and I can probaly get a 50w stereo amp for 50-60$

Haha well alright then. I guess you got it covered. Question, how old are ya? Idk why I am just curious. See if you can guess my age... Without looking at my profile...

My Rig:

Haha well alright then. I guess you got it covered. Question, how old are ya? Idk why I am just curious. See if you can guess my age... Without looking at my profile...

Well I am 18 :D 

From the fact that you have old B&O speakers, something tells me that you are in your 20s maybe 30s, so 27?

Just now, Dackzy said:

Well I am 18 :D 

From the fact that you have old B&O speakers, something tells me that you are in your 20s maybe 30s, so 27?

Hahaha, completely wrong. I am younger than you at 15 years of age and will be 16 on Feb 22nd next year. 

Btw, I forgot to mention that you could just use a simple cheap amp such as:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kentiger-V10-Bluetooth-Hi-Fi-Class-D-Stereo-Super-Bass-Audio-Power-Amplifier-3/112183768662?_trksid=p2045573.c100506.m3226&_trkparms=aid%3D555014%26algo%3DPL.DEFAULT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D38661%26meid%3D670dd512235643f9967cef2b53aa71c4%26pid%3D100506%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26

That is if you are only looking for stereo of course which is what you said. This guy reaches 160W too with 4 - 8 ohms. Much cheaper than £50-£60 that you may pay.

My Rig:

Hahaha, completely wrong. I am younger than you at 15 years of age and will be 16 on Feb 22nd next year. 

Btw, I forgot to mention that you could just use a simple cheap amp such as:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kentiger-V10-Bluetooth-Hi-Fi-Class-D-Stereo-Super-Bass-Audio-Power-Amplifier-3/112183768662?_trksid=p2045573.c100506.m3226&_trkparms=aid%3D555014%26algo%3DPL.DEFAULT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D38661%26meid%3D670dd512235643f9967cef2b53aa71c4%26pid%3D100506%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26

That is if you are only looking for stereo of course which is what you said. This guy reaches 160W too with 4 - 8 ohms. Much cheaper than £50-£60 that you may pay.

ah yes, when people own old B&O speakers they are often young teens that goes to school, young adults that don't have a lot of money, because they needed to pay for school and some place to live or just old people.

Yeah, I know those, I want to get 50w since then nobody can blow them up when they want to turn up the volume.

9 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

ah yes, when people own old B&O speakers they are often young teens that goes to school, young adults that don't have a lot of money, because they needed to pay for school and some place to live or just old people.

Yeah, I know those, I want to get 50w since then nobody can blow them up when they want to turn up the volume.

You know what, I had not previously thought about the fact that you could blow up the speakers at higher watts than they are supposed to. Personally I am not stupid enough to do that but I certainly have friends who would. *Goes out to buy new amp*

Also, I can't believe you would stereotype me for my B&O... Jokes... They are great tho... I want these guys too http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Bang-Olufsen-BeoVox-500-bookshelf-speakers-/262703560262?hash=item3d2a5a3646:g:rd8AAOSwMVdYG3zU

My Rig: