Where do you want to live?

DutchTexan
Just now, DutchTexan said:

What do you do for a living? I would look at Alabama or Mississippi, even Louisianan is a lot better than most people think. Ultimately, Texas is the place people rarely choose to leave. 

Right now i'm a warehouse worker. But we'll see where i'll be in four years. 

Used to work in excavation and there is rarely a shortage of work in that business. 

Might get a CDL when i move over to the us.

Louisiana is the most tempting so far. Humid and hot and not landlocked. 

+ I could pop over to texas for some texan barbecue 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

1 hour ago, techswede said:

Right now i'm a warehouse worker. But we'll see where i'll be in four years. 

Used to work in excavation and there is rarely a shortage of work in that business. 

Might get a CDL when i move over to the us.

Louisiana is the most tempting so far. Humid and hot and not landlocked. 

+ I could pop over to texas for some texan barbecue 

Well Cajuns know a little something about bbq too. I also know that Mississippi has been the place to be if you have a CDL. Excavation as in working on foundations, I would probably go to Oklahoma, but then again Texas is so big and diverse there's demand for everything everywhere. No other state can or has been expanding like Texas. I live in the gulf coast area in Texas. Chemical plants almost run more guests plants than their own actual process, becasue it is so easy to in and export product. The plant I work at is right next to the major highway, has a railroad running literally through the middle of the plant, and a twic dock straight to the ocean. 

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

GPU — AMD RX 7900 XTX - XFX Speedster Merc 310 Black Edition - 24GB GDDR6

Monitor — Acer Predator XB271HU - 2560x1440 165Hz IPS 4ms

CPU Cooler — Noctua NH-D15

Motherboard — Gigabyte B650 GAMING X AX V2

Memory — 32GB G.Skill Flare X5 - 6000mHz CL32

Storage — WD Black - 2TB HDD

— Seagate SkyHawk - 2TB HDD

— Samsung 850 EVO - 250GB SSD

— WD Blue - 500GB M.2 SSD

— Samsung 990 PRO w/HS - 4TB M.2 SSD

Case — Fractal Design Define R6 TG

PSU — EVGA SuperNOVA G3 - 850W 80+ Gold 

Case Fans — 2(120mm) Noctua NF-F12 PWM - exhaust

— 3(140mm) Noctua NF-A14 PWM - intake

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Headphones — Sennheiser HD600

Extras — Glorious PC Gaming Race - Mouse Wrist Rest  

— Glorious PC Gaming Race - XXL Extended Mouse Pad - 36" x 18"

— Max Keyboard Flacon-20 keypad - Cherry MX blue switches

1 minute ago, DutchTexan said:

Well Cajuns know a little something about bbq too. I also know that Mississippi has been the place to be if you have a CDL. Excavation as in working on foundations, I would probably go to Oklahoma, but then again Texas is so big and diverse there's demand for everything everywhere. No other state can or has been expanding like Texas. I live in the gulf coast area in Texas. Chemical plants almost run more guests plants than their own actual process, becasue it is so easy to export. The plant I work at is right next to the major highway, has a railroad running literally through the middle of the plant, and a twic dock straight to the ocean. 

That is kind of why i want Louisiana to be where i live. Cajun cooking seems like it would be awesome. 

Well excavation as in i can do almost everything with an excavator. 

We'll see where i end up. As long as it doesn't have noticeable winters i don't really care. God i hate the winter seasons here in sweden.

Cold, Miserable, Dark, Soon a ton of white bullshit will drop from the skies and then they will salt the roads and my car will suffer for it.. Bleh

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

If in the us(more realistic), then northeast area, or alaska.

Idealy somwhere like switzerland, germany, denmark, sweden, netherlands, ect

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Not NY anymore. Too damned expensive lol

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

On 10/30/2016 at 5:19 PM, DutchTexan said:

It's 1,000 times better to live in Texas than South Africa and Nevada. However, I don't think there's a place better than South Africa to vacation. At the same time, South Africa is one of the worst places to actually reside.

Where is the best place to live?

Where is the best place to vacation? 

Miami , Colombia or in some Carribean island 

37 minutes ago, techswede said:

That is kind of why i want Louisiana to be where i live. Cajun cooking seems like it would be awesome. 

Well excavation as in i can do almost everything with an excavator. 

We'll see where i end up. As long as it doesn't have noticeable winters i don't really care. God i hate the winter seasons here in sweden.

Cold, Miserable, Dark, Soon a ton of white bullshit will drop from the skies and then they will salt the roads and my car will suffer for it.. Bleh

Yeah that stuff kills cars. The heat aint no joke though. If you come from a place where it snows... youre going to be in for a shocker how warm the hottest time of the year is. 105 degrees F with 99% humidity for months is something you can only feel to understand.

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Yeah that stuff kills cars. The heat aint no joke though. If you come from a place where it snows... youre going to be in for a shocker how warm the hottest time of the year is. 105 degrees F with 99% humidity for months is something you can only feel to understand.

I'll take sweltering heat over agonizing cold any day of the year. We had a few days with that kind of weather the summer of 2012. And i absolutely loved it.

I've never really been too bothered by heat anyway. I just can't tolerate cold weather. 

30 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

Not NY anymore. Too damned expensive lol

I was upstate NY for a year. It's just crazy how a police and fire station look like brand new high schools there. I used to smoke back then too. Literally double the price for cigarettes got me to quit real quick. When I went into the city everyone I spoke too kind of sounded like they were trapped. A million dollars doesn't buy you jack shit in the housing market compared to the south. A 500k house here costs over 1.25mil and it's made of wood and half your cars would need to park outside. Ridiculous.

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Just now, techswede said:

I'll take sweltering heat over agonizing cold any day of the year. We had a few days with that kind of weather the summer of 2012. And i absolutely loved it.

I've never really been too bothered by heat anyway. I just can't tolerate cold weather. 

After all it is the mentality. Cold I like, becasue you can always put on another layer. But then I'm talking like high 40 deegrees F haha. Generally, everyone loses motivation and productivity when there is lots of snow. Everyone hated each in the winter. It used to snow till Easter when I lived in northern Nevada. The first few weeks of snow isnt too bad....

I just hated the mornings so much when I lived in Nevada. Getting out of bed at 5am every day is bad enough. 

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

13 minutes ago, DutchTexan said:

I was upstate NY for a year. It's just crazy how a police and fire station look like brand new high schools there. I used to smoke back then too. Literally double the price for cigarettes got me to quit real quick. When I went into the city everyone I spoke too kind of sounded like they were trapped. A million dollars doesn't buy you jack shit in the housing market compared to the south. A 500k house here costs over 1.25mil and it's made of wood and half your cars would need to park outside. Ridiculous.

I live in Queens and I feel trapped. It's ridiculous. As much as I would like to leave, I simply dont make enough to leave. 

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

On October 31, 2016 at 4:08 PM, Qwweb said:

Up here in Wisconsin we got some awesome cheese. But I would honestly love to visit Interlaken Switzerland. But as a place to live, Wolfsburg, Germany.

You forgot to mention the Dells and Door County.  ?

We have more than just cheese in our favor.  ?

Reside:
Vermont. It has the lowest population, so you can see the stars. Really low taxes, surrounded by nature. Bordering Canada. Canada would never invade Vermont. If they did, well... It's the Texas of the North East. The laws are very lenient there hence the reason the man who invented Assisted Suicide, had performed the operations in Vermont's boarders. 

RESIDE EDIT:
I forgot to mention it actually has the 4 seasons. And I LOVE winter. 

Vacation:

That's a tough one... Does space count? It's an experience unlike any other on Earth. I'm no astronaut but, it'd be one heck of a time to see off world. 

11 minutes ago, DutchTexan said:

After all it is the mentality. Cold I like, becasue you can always put on another layer. But then I'm talking like high 40 deegrees F haha. Generally, everyone loses motivation and productivity when there is lots of snow. Everyone hated each in the winter. It used to snow till Easter when I lived in northern Nevada. The first few weeks of snow isnt too bad....

I just hated the mornings so much when I lived in Nevada. Getting out of bed at 5am every day is bad enough. 

I can put on layer after layer but the cold is ever present.. So the south of the united states would be a better option for me. T-shirt weather all year round sounds great.

3 hours ago, DutchTexan said:

What do you do for a living? I would look at Alabama or Mississippi, even Louisianan is a lot better than most people think. Ultimately, Texas is the place people rarely choose to leave. 

i would live in texas, but the thing that turns me off is the amount of republicans in that state. i don't mean to stir up feelings, but i hate republicans, but i'm not going into detail why.

1 hour ago, techswede said:

i'm the complete opposite. i can't stand sweltering heat, and i prefer colder weather because it just feels better. if i had a way to die, i'd rather freeze to death rather than burn to death.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

48 minutes ago, fpo said:

Reside:
Vermont. It has the lowest population, so you can see the stars. Really low taxes, surrounded by nature. Bordering Canada. Canada would never invade Vermont. If they did, well... It's the Texas of the North East. The laws are very lenient there hence the reason the man who invented Assisted Suicide, had performed the operations in Vermont's boarders. 

RESIDE EDIT:
I forgot to mention it actually has the 4 seasons. And I LOVE winter. 

Vacation:

That's a tough one... Does space count? It's an experience unlike any other on Earth. I'm no astronaut but, it'd be one heck of a time to see off world. 

I never thought about Vermont. Nothing really goes on over there, I kinda like that. Then again, having the lowest GDP might be significant. What kind of industry is there?

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

48 minutes ago, techswede said:

I can put on layer after layer but the cold is ever present.. So the south of the united states would be a better option for me. T-shirt weather all year round sounds great.

I just want to stress that a few months of the year near the coast, being outside is like sitting in a sauna. Not kidding. You start sweating in the doorway before you step outside. You get used to it, but it's just about the biggest negative for my area.

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

11 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i would live in texas, but the thing that turns me off is the amount of republicans in that state. i don't mean to stir up feelings, but i hate republicans, but i'm not going into detail why.

You will fit in with Austin perfectly. Live music capital of the world.

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

You will fit in at Austin perfectly. Live music capital of the world.

idk. i feel like i wouldn't survive a day in a republican state. being a hardcore democrat, i feel like i would just be bashed to no end.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just now, terrytek said:

idk. i feel like i wouldn't survive a day in a republican state. being a hardcore democrat, i feel like i would just be bashed to no end.

U wot, m8?

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

Just now, terrytek said:

Austin would be your safe haven. The people there hate the constitution. The glass industry is pretty intense. Bong rips and dabs is the only way to start your day there. If you don't smoke bud everyday and believe America is this gigantic racist entity destroying the world, then you won't fit in at Austin. You will be surprised how liberal people are in Austin. Most of them actually identify as communists. Honestly, it is scary. 

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

50 minutes ago, DutchTexan said:

I never thought about Vermont. Nothing really goes on over there, I kinda like that. Then again, having the lowest GDP might be significant. What kind of industry is there?

idk, my friend's dad is like some network programmer or something. There's also a lot of rednecks but the spacing between houses is so vast, it may never matter. 

Me here:

Holidays: Canada and the United Kingdom

Residence: Irvine, California

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

19 hours ago, DutchTexan said:

Hell yes, I wouldn't mind going back to the 50s or 60s and starting my adult life then. You would want to live in Detroit? :o

I think it would be cool to go back to 1791 when the constitution was ratified

The metro-Detroit area isn't half bad, in-fact, it's great. Some places in Detroit aren't bad either until you get into the broken-down suburbs.

Probably the Netherlands.

I cannot fucking stand California anymore. It's a nice tourist trap, but that's about it. It's extremely liberal, Southern California is a shithole and Northern California is filled with assholes, and it's way too fucking expensive to live there.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.