Looking for a solid desk

Kameronl93

Looking for a solid computer desk. Ideal would be just a rectangular table that is sturdy and does not move.

My current desk is an L shaped glass top and the thing wobbles back and forth with little effort.

Must have room on top for mid size tower, sound bar, and 27" acer predator monitor. 

Have you heard of IKEA? There are lots of choices for you there

depending on your budget either ikea, or (if you're a druglord or a well paid individual) a custom made desk by some form of custom furniture company.

Just now, manikyath said:

depending on your budget either ikea, or (if you're a druglord or a well paid individual) a custom made desk by some form of custom furniture company.

druglord with a gaming pc and look like a nerd doesn't sound right

Just now, dexxterlab97 said:

druglord with a gaming pc and look like a nerd doesn't sound right

or a well paid individual :P

Just now, manikyath said:

or a well paid individual :P

youtuber

Just now, dexxterlab97 said:

youtuber

you know, OP can be an accountant for all i care, if he has the budget for a custom desk, it's totally the way to go IMO :P

Your best bet is IKEA like others have mentioned due to the wide range of customizing your desk to the way you like/want it to be. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

7 minutes ago, Kameronl93 said:

Looking for a solid computer desk. Ideal would be just a rectangular table that is sturdy and does not move.

My current desk is an L shaped glass top and the thing wobbles back and forth with little effort.

Must have room on top for mid size tower, sound bar, and 27" acer predator monitor. 

Have you tried just sticking something under leg of the desk to make it not wobble?

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

It is a very poorly designed glass top desk that is missing some of the support braces and some of the bolts cross-threaded thanks to my brother =D.

@dexxterlab97 I wish I made money like a druglord, but I am a full time mechanic sadly.

I have considered ordering the steel and welding up a frame myself that way I can do it the way I would like. Would just be a matter of finding a top to use with it. Probably an MDF board from home depot or something. 

Just now, Kameronl93 said:

It is a very poorly designed glass top desk that is missing some of the support braces and some of the bolts cross-threaded thanks to my brother =D.

@dexxterlab97 I wish I made money like a druglord, but I am a full time mechanic sadly.

I have considered ordering the steel and welding up a frame myself that way I can do it the way I would like. Would just be a matter of finding a top to use with it. Probably an MDF board from home depot or something. 

homedepot, ikea, lowe, walmart

I use an Ikea kitchen worktop because they are solid. Buy 2 and just cut one up into legs and another as a top. With a couple of L brackets it was done.

6 minutes ago, Kameronl93 said:

Order a bare kitchen counter top or add a formica sheet to whatever wood top ya choose. Then weld up your own legs & braces & attach to that.

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1903 (Build 18362.295) | MasterCase Pro 3

Popular Ikea desk is "Lummen" or something like that. Comes in various styles, is solid and fairly cheap for the quality. Its great and well known for pc setups. 

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

Click here to give a damn

On 9/26/2016 at 0:51 PM, manikyath said:

I got a custom made desk for like $30. (Built it with my dad). So does that make me a drug lord?

Breaking things 1 day at a time

You would be best off getting an IKEA table as most of their desks are heavily customizable    with different things such as cable management baskets that clip on and other things.