What's your favorite operating system?

vt3c

What's your favorite operating system?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite operating system?

• Windows 10
    • Windows 8 or 8.1
    • Windows 7
    • Windows Vista
    • Windows XP
    • Windows ME
    • Windows 2000
    • Windows 98 SE
    • Windows 98
    • Windows 95
    • Windows 3.0 or 3.1
    • MS-DOS any version (Because why not)
    • Mac OSX
    • Ubuntu or any other version like Kubuntu etc.
    • Linux Mint
    • Kali Linux
    • React OS
    • Chrome OS
    • Other

OSX is kinda like an Linux Distro if I'm not mistaken. So use Linux(General) until I figure out to add options to the poll

OSX is unix, closed source, and bases some of their stuff on openBSD and helps to contribute to their kernel IIRC.

No, I have used Ubuntu for months Last year I have experience with Linux but I'm not into getting to know all the different distros. 

No lol, TurnipOS is part of a gag joke on this forum. Whenever there's a poll, there's usually a satirical option, Turnip, for people who don't want to give a serious answer but still want to be part of the discussion.

OSX is unix, closed source, and bases some of their stuff on openBSD and helps to contribute to their kernel IIRC.

Thank you for correcting me on my erred information.

Gaming's Impurity

No lol, TurnipOS is part of a gag joke on this forum. Whenever there's a poll, there's usually a satirical option, Turnip, for people who don't want to give a serious answer but still want to be part of the discussion.

O so like what Luke be doing in the LiveStreams!!! Ugh, how could I forget that! lol.

Gaming's Impurity

To be totally honest Windows 10 has received more votes than I thought it would receive so far from it being a fresh OS with a couple of inexcusable bugs.

Gaming's Impurity

I like windows 10 because of the modernised windows that came with Windows 8.1 and the combination of windows 7, in addition to virtual desktops which I find extremely useful and good.

I like W10/Win8.1 Equally to be completely honest just wish I could have the w8.1 Start Screen in W10 instead of that full screen start menu.

Gaming's Impurity

I have't tried W10, I'm still using W7 so yeah.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

OSX is kinda like an Linux Distro if I'm not mistaken. So use Linux(General) until I figure out to add options to the poll

It's UNIX-based, but not Linux.

MSX

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Went with Linux (General) as my favorite OS is CentOS 7  (RHEL ftw), followed by Ubuntu with Gnome.

Followed by Windows 10 & OS-X.

Windows XP is as dead to me as Me, and has been since Vista.

P.S (As well as OS-X) Poll has a distinct lack of Windows Vista SP1 as an option - which is much more magical than the lameness which is XP

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

I'm really liking Windows 10 so far. Never experienced an issue.

mint forever alone

forever_alone.jpg

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

HEY

WHERES WINDOWS 1.0

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

My favorite OS is Mac OS 10.9, and 10.10 is looking good with metal and more performance tweaks. My favorite Windows is still 7 though, I updated to 10 just because of DX 12.

ZamoRIG 2.0:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.9GHz

Cooling: DeepCool Captain 240 RGB + 2x Corsair ML120 fans

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming x2 

Motherboard: Asrock X370 Gaming K4 

RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 G Skill Ripjaws V Grey @ 2800MHz 

SSDs: 2xPatriot Ignite M.2 240GB

HDD: WD Black 1TB + WD Green 2TB

PSU: Corsair RM750

Case: Corsair Carbide 400C

ZamoRIG “Portable”:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 4GHz

Cooling: Corsair H80i 

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350N Gaming WiFi

RAM: 1x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance  @ 2400MHz 

SSD: Patriot Ignite M.2 240GB 

HDD: 2TB 2.5” Seagate HDD 

PSU: Corsair TX650M 

Case: Siverstone SG13

I chose Linux (General). I use CentOS for my server environments, FreeNAS for storage, and I used to use Redhat back in the day.

On desktop I've been using Mint/Ubuntu off and on these past couple years, Mint has been progressing nicely and I've left Ubuntu to die off cause it feels like crap now.

Of course Windows 8.1 is my daily driver because video games, but Linux in general is the best and most versatile OS. I could never see myself using Windows in a server environment.

*Edit, honestly these choices should have been Windows, OSX, and Linux.....

Linux in general is great, I use Ubuntu but i felt general deserved the vote. I use Windows also but only because of a few games and the fact that my college's wifi setup won't work with Ubuntu 15.04.

Lord of Helium.

But... that's not - ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... You're relatively new here, you must not have heard...

damn.

Have you heard?

It was my understanding that everyone had heard.

[...]

The bird is the word. 

• 1 year later...