Jagged Shadows,Pop in,Low LOD and jagged aa

Message added by WkdPaul,

Please stay civil and respectful, any violations of the Community Standards will be met with appropriate sanctions against your account.

8 hours ago, tantalus said:

No, its not. Its so sad that this thread has become a complete circle of ignorance even if we have hundreds if not thousands of pages about it, just because people dont bother to read anything before the last 2-3 pages. Electricity as a cause has been discarded AGES go, not only here, but in nvidia forums as well, and other dozens of pages. But keep it going guys, electricity is your friend...

It's the only cause that can affect Pc, Console, Phones at the same time. But making people understand that electricity is not simple is getting harder because of posts like these. It's not ON or OFF. There are issues in Electricity that can only be assessed using advanced equipment e.g, Power quality analyzer, Oscilloscope etc with advanced knowledge. An ordinary electrician does not have these equipment. Take a look at this topic. Read it carefully:

https://download.schneider-electric.com/files?p_Doc_Ref=SPD_VAVR-5WKLPK_EN

I have posted it many times but i guess i can't make everyone understand. But for those who are actually using their intellect know for sure that it can't be caused by software. It has to do something with the place they are living at. Countless rigs bought and still they have this issue. Obviously if it was the software then only reinstalling windows should be enough. But as we know that even buying new rigs have no affect. So please stop this nonsense that it's not Electricity. There is not a single bit of doubt that it is Electricity/Interfernce atleast for people who have issues outside of games as well. If it's not electricity/interference then how can you explain it affecting all electronic devices in some people houses? Maybe you don't have a legitimate issue like everyone else here. Maybe you have the case where bad AA is because of how some games are being designed. But not everyone here has that case, especially people who have this issue in all their rigs, laptops, consoles and phones as well. Maybe the intensity of this issue is less for you hence you only see symptoms inside games. Remember we don't only have AA issues. There are lots of other symptoms that have been mentioned here before. These symptoms resemble of low power or power delivery issue. Also keep in mind that in most cases including mine this issue is not only affecting games it's everything on the screen.

https://smallbusiness.chron.com/signs-symptoms-computer-not-receiving-enough-power-74039.html

34 minutes ago, Meeseeks said:

It's the only cause that can affect Pc, Console, Phones at the same time. But making people understand that electricity is not simple is getting harder because of posts like these. It's not ON or OFF. There are issues in Electricity that can only be assessed using advanced equipment e.g, Power quality analyzer, Oscilloscope etc with advanced knowledge. An ordinary electrician does not have these equipment. Take a look at this topic. Read it carefully:

https://download.schneider-electric.com/files?p_Doc_Ref=SPD_SADE-5TNM3Y_EN

I have posted it many times but i guess i can't make everyone understand. But for those who are actually using their intellect know for sure that it can't be caused by software. It has to do something with the place they are living at. Countless rigs bought and still they have this issue. Obviously if it was the software then only reinstalling windows should be enough. But as we know that even buying new rigs have no affect. So please stop this nonsense that it's not Electricity. There is not a single bit of doubt that it is Electricity/Interfernce atleast for people who have issues outside of games as well. If it's not electricity/interference then how can you explain it affecting all electronic devices in some people houses? Maybe you don't have a legitimate issue like everyone else here. Maybe you have the case where bad AA is because of how some games are being designed. But not everyone here has that case, especially people who have this issue in all their rigs, laptops, consoles and phones as well. Maybe the intensity of this issue is less for you hence you only see symptoms inside games. Remember we don't only have AA issues. There are lots of other symptoms that have been mentioned here before. These symptoms resemble of low power or power delivery issue. Also keep in mind that in most cases including mine this issue is not only affecting games it's everything on the screen.

Honestly i think you both are delusional, nobody here even gives a damn about thinking logical anymore its just conspiracies now.

If it where or is electricity we are fucked anyway, i had enough talks with local electric companies (they offer a Oscilloscope service btw) and non of them thought it was electricity, thing is they wouldnt do anything about it even if i could proof it (according to the administration of my apartment).

Which is why its rather pointless especially after people using UPS and seperate generators.

Interferences are a nice theory but as some other people allready stated and i myself tried that aswell, moving your device to a different location would have fixed that.

We wont get anywhere if we continue like this i can assure you that.

Just an idea: How about a email wave of sorts to the linus team or nvidia, this is all about attention since we are not able to fix this ourselfs.

Someone willing to organize some strategies to get attention, i think this is one of the few options we have left.

19 minutes ago, I_dont_know200 said:

Which is why its rather pointless especially after people using UPS and seperate generators.

People have tried that but as i have mentioned before that using just a UPS is not enough.

Similarly i can say that people have tried changing the outlet and got rid of this issue like Bearhugger. Also i can say that Darker17 successfully got rid of this issue by taking his PS4 to another city with a different power grid. My point is that it's not enough to use a UPS. They are not completely isolated with either the environment or electricity. You need isolation with this issue completely then that will be a proper test.

10 minutes ago, Meeseeks said:

People have tried that but as i have mentioned before that using just a UPS is not enough.

Similarly i can say that people have tried changing the outlet and got rid of this issue like Bearhugger. Also i can say that Darker17 successfully got rid of this issue by taking his PS4 to another city with a different power grid. My point is that it's not enough to use a UPS. They are not completely isolated with either the environment or electricity. You need isolation with this issue completely then that will be a proper test.

A seperate generator including grid isnt enough, also you can only refer too 2 cases while the majority can safely say that using the same device in a different town doesnt work.

This could mean we talk about completly unrelated issues or that the reports are simply false claims.

I can tell you this much though i brought my laptop to Tech in a different town about 30km away and still had the same issues.

We can argue all day but we dont have any proof that it certainly is electricity and if you are right we cant do anything about it anyway besides installing solar panels.

42 minutes ago, I_dont_know200 said:

A seperate generator including grid isnt enough, also you can only refer too 2 cases while the majority can safely say that using the same device in a different town doesnt work.

This could mean we talk about completly unrelated issues or that the reports are simply false claims.

I can tell you this much though i brought my laptop to Tech in a different town about 30km away and still had the same issues.

We can argue all day but we dont have any proof that it certainly is electricity and if you are right we cant do anything about it anyway besides installing solar panels.

Maybe those people who took their PC to another town and got no improvement. Maybe they didn't realise that their PC were at a stage where it was too late for them to show any improvement. Maybe it's only consoles (PS4 etc) that can be used to test this issue in new town as they are somewhat different than a PC sensitive electronic component vise. Maybe the new town where they went had the same issue in power and they should have checked other PCs there before performing this test. In short there can be many reasons and that's why we need experts(Electrical, Electronics Engineers, Power Quality Experts) to perform these tests.

You bought your laptop 30km away in different town. Was that town's power coming in from a different grid? Did you test it in the same town where you bought it? Most importantly before buying/testing your laptop you should see other people's laptop/desktop to check if it's all over the town or not. Also i advice everyone here who are going to a different town to test a new/old rig to check first if other people in the new town has the same issue in their PCs. 

Unless we know the specific issue in Electricity, installing only solar panels is not enough. Because it could be that it's coming in from both the power lines and the environment. It's very important that we know what specific issue in Electricity/Environment is causing this.

24 minutes ago, Meeseeks said:

Maybe those people who took their PC to another town and got no improvement. Maybe they didn't realise that their PC were at a stage where it was too late for them to show any improvement. Maybe it's only consoles (PS4 etc) that can be used to test this issue in new town as they are somewhat different than a PC sensitive electronic component vise. Maybe the new town where they went had the same issue in power and they should have checked other PCs there before performing this test. In short there can be many reasons and that's why we need experts(Electrical, Electronics Engineers, Power Quality Experts) to perform these tests.

You bought your laptop 30km away in different town. Was that town's power coming in from a different grid? Did you test it in the same town where you bought it? Most importantly before buying/testing your laptop you should see other people's laptop/desktop to check if it's all over the town or not. Also i advice everyone here who are going to a different town to test a new/old rig to check first if other people in the new town has the same issue in their PCs. 

Unless we know the specific issue in Electricity, installing only solar panels is not enough. Because it could be that it's coming in from both the power lines and the environment. It's very important that we know what specific issue in Electricity/Environment is causing this.

Consoles use nearly identical lPC components i doubt they are protected better then normal PC components.

"Was that town's power coming in from a different grid?" Very likely since it is a far bigger town then mine and my town has its own electrical company, but to be fair its hard to tell where the power comes from in my country, because austria needs to buy alot of its energy from outside.

From the enviroment, you mean power is somehow going weird while in transmission, well there we go with conspiracies again.

There would be a much bigger outcry if this was a widespread issue, i dont know if we will ever come to a conclusion, but by logic UPS or solar panels should work if it was energy related. Cables are isolated for this purpose with a tube like faraday cage, what also is weird in my opinion power shouldnt be able to cause such specific issues especially not on various devices tech is just not streamlined enough for such certain outcomes.

Lets assume we have the data and it shows clearly there is something wrong, what would we do, no company would be interessted in fixing this.

29 minutes ago, I_dont_know200 said:

Consoles use nearly identical low end PC components i doubt they are protected better then normal PC components.

"Was that town's power coming in from a different grid?" Very likely since it is a far bigger town then mine and my town has its own electrical company, but to be fair its hard to tell where the power comes from in my country, because austria needs to buy alot of its energy from outside.

From the enviroment, you mean power is somehow going weird while in transmission, well there we go with conspiracies again.

There would be a much bigger outcry if this was a widespread issue, i dont know if we will ever come to a conclusion, but by logic UPS or solar panels should work if it was energy related. Cables are isolated for this purpose with a tube like faraday cage, what also is weird in my opinion power shouldnt be able to cause such specific issues especially not on various devices tech is just not streamlined enough for such certain outcomes.

Lets assume we have the data and shows clearly there is something wrong, what would we do, no company would be interessted in fixing this.

I am not talking about protection. I am talking about sensitive electronic components. All protections will fail when it comes to unusual issues in Electricity. Believe me and then it's up to the sensitivity/ruggedness of the electronic components itself.

Yeah it's hard to know where the power coming from but in my country we have different feeders from distribution substation feeding specific areas of the city.  I moved to a new house/city and got this issue. Distance between my old city and new city is approximately 500km. So for me there is no doubt that the grid must be different.

Yeah there can be issues originating in environment because of issues in Power.

I am still not sure if it's the whole city that's getting affected or just a specific area or transformer or just this house has something wrong. But as people are saying that they observed this issue through out the city. In a city not everyone is a gamer so we can say that most people just use their PC to just browse or to do office work etc. They either don't notice it or ignore it.

Guys:

I got used to the problem, gaming with it for some time.

Then I didn't play for some days and when I switched the PC back on everything looked gorgeous!

So now I know there definitely is a problem!

Contacting ASUS support now to RMA my GPU.

EDIT: What bothers me though is I THINK my new Laptop (it's in another part of the house) got also infected:

Very bad AA and characters have less polygons making them look odd when they turn their bodies...

Also, everything is more pixelated - like pixels are bigger...

Ahh, and text and colors look more blurry / washed out...

I very much think it is a virus because my router became infected at the same time my graphics downgraded...

Ha, I noticed one more thing:

While my PC had great graphics again my Laptop also had them. Weird...

how many days did you turn on the pc?

more such a problem was not observed on the pc?

On 11/3/2019 at 1:10 AM, Bearhugger said:

Guys:

I got used to the problem, gaming with it for some time.

Then I didn't play for some days and when I switched the PC back on everything looked gorgeous!

So now I know there definitely is a problem!

Contacting ASUS support now to RMA my GPU.

EDIT: What bothers me though is I THINK my new Laptop (it's in another part of the house) got also infected:

Very bad AA and characters have less polygons making them look odd when they turn their bodies...

Also, everything is more pixelated - like pixels are bigger...

Ahh, and text and colors look more blurry / washed out...

I very much think it is a virus because my router became infected at the same time my graphics downgraded...

Ha, I noticed one more thing:

While my PC had great graphics again my Laptop also had them. Weird...

Not using PC for a couple of days is similar to holding power button for couple of minutes while device is unplugged. Both method discharges stored energy in capacitors. It's also possible that whatever is bad in Electricity is appearing and disappearing for you and for rest of us it's always there.  

It's not a virus let me explain:

Virus that goes away when it doesn't get any attention for couple of days like you have mentioned. There is no such virus out there. 

Virus that can affect all Audio Video devices(PC, console, phone) in a house at the same time does not exist.

Virus that can affect even Bios logo and cause our specific symptoms does not exist.

In short there is no such virus that can cause our specific symptoms and cause them in a way that we are experiencing.

Keep in mind your router is plugged in the same electricity like rest of the devices. Your router is also facing the same issue in electricity.

4 hours ago, Meeseeks said:

Not using PC for a couple of days is similar to holding power button for couple of minutes while device is unplugged. Both method discharges stored energy in capacitors. It's also possible that whatever is bad in Electricity is appearing and disappearing for you and for rest of us it's always there.  

It's not a virus let me explain:

Virus that goes away when it doesn't get any attention for couple of days like you have mentioned. There is no such virus out there. 

Virus that can affect all Audio Video devices(PC, console, phone) in a house at the same time does not exist.

Virus that can affect even Bios logo and cause our specific symptoms does not exist.

In short there is no such virus that can cause our specific symptoms and cause them in a way that we are experiencing.

Keep in mind your router is plugged in the same electricity like rest of the devices. Your router is also facing the same issue in electricity.

Firmware level viruses are a thing, and would impact the PC no matter what it was doing... even in the BIOS/UEFI screens.

@Meeseeks

Ok, then it's more probably an electricity issue.

What I meant when I was saying these things about my router is:

I opened some email from a dubios source and executed the attachment (yeah I know :-)).

Then my Antivir (ESET) said my repeater was sending malicious data.

Since then I can't play online games anymore because of some sort of lag (even though my ping is good).

Somehow all data gets routed to the USA or something and only after that - to me.

And somehow my ping doesn't show it.

Other players and enemies in those games tend to teleport around the map, but I get no rubberbanding or some such.

I think they infected my router, but couldn't make it through to my pc protection.

ESET gives me constant (like 250 per hour) tries to start some communication which automatically get blocked by ESET...

About electricity:

Why then could I play for 16 months without any degradation in image quality?

@KarathKasun

I still don't rule out a possible virus. (somebody doesn't want the world to play games anymore :-))

I want to add that I could play fine for weeks when I changed the place of my pc from cellar to first floor.

Then it started again after Windows 10 update to build 1903...

Am I the only one who thinks this topic should be left alone. Like, it's been 3 years, updates happenned, stuff changed,I don't think this an issue anymore or relevant at all.

erm, I do have these issues, so...

Look at this for example:

Why are there jaggies and white pixels even with supersampling / downsampling and temporal AA?

(footage is from Shadow Warrior 2 (PC))

20 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Am I the only one who thinks this topic should be left alone. Like, it's been 3 years, updates happenned, stuff changed,I don't think this an issue anymore or relevant at all.

There is a ton of topics all over the internet and nobody gives the damn about this not just on this forum.But nobody knows for sure what is problem.

15 hours ago, Bearhugger said:

erm, I do have these issues, so...

Look at this for example:

Why are there jaggies and white pixels even with supersampling / downsampling and temporal AA?

(footage is from Shadow Warrior 2 (PC))

No this looks completely normal to me in 2019 this is how games are supposed to look! /sarcasm

But he is partially right, this topic has been going in circles and nothing has changed.

I was watching this video, when I noticed, that Ubisoft in its own video has the AA issue even worse, than I do...

11 hours ago, Kladmaster said:

I was watching this video, when I noticed, that Ubisoft in its own video has the AA issue even worse, than I do...

As I have been saying for years now, the AA/pixel crawl problem is not a problem.  It is expected behavior.

The only thing that is really a problem is where people are having texture LOD problems, where textures are stuck at their lower resolution versions.

Pixel crawl is normal on very fine geometry. But when you have it on ALL geometry then it becomes a problem.

Yea, in Kladmaster's vid I don't see anything out of place.

Good AA. And some Moiree on small objects which is normal...

Maybe I don't see it because this laptop is not yet infected?? ?

I remember playing AC2 on an old 1280x960 resolution monitor and there was absolutely ZERO jaggies, shimmering and flickering. Now I'm watching that video and... WTF is this? What kind of abomination is this? OMG, I see jaggies, shimmering and flickering basically everywhere. For example at 1:58 every damn line of the building is shimmering and flickering like crazy.

It's already known that this issue affects video content too. Definitely there is something wrong. It shouldn't be like this.

I have another example. Check this video below:

At the 2:24 there is a GTA 4 footage and OMG, don't know about you guys, but I'm seeing crazy flickering on almost every damn texture.

I see it too.

I'm guessing there's no AA activated

or the person also suffers from our issue...

On 11/7/2019 at 9:58 AM, Kladmaster said:

This is what makes me think there is actually nothing wrong with the signal from the PC but rather on how the monitor displays it, how else could you explain that videos show the same symptoms.

What i dont understand is how something like that would be even possible this issue defys anything i know about logic and tech this is just getting ridiculous can you guys try talk to some people maybe in real life i do the same to gather as much information as possible.

3 hours ago, I_dont_know200 said:

What i dont understand is how something like that would be even possible this issue defys anything i know about logic and tech this is just getting ridiculous

I too share your opinion.I don't get it what in the hell is going on and how nobody don't know real cause and how to fix this damn problem.

In 2010 after I got the new PC I didn't changed the monitor instead I used the old one.On the that PC there was no problem with jagged lines, pop ups and with quality of the image on BIOS screen and desktop too.