AMD Polaris Giveaway

I currently have a 270 and it sorta works... kinda... it doesn't really run well when I develop stuff as I tend to optimize my stuff after it works rather than before...

So yeah... give plz!

10 hours ago, nicklmg said:

Hey! I think it would be great to win because a) I never win anything, b) I wanted to build a PC for most of my life and only recently did I get the money to do so. I went team red for processor and graphics card because i'm a fan. But I got the card just as Polaris wad announced and I feel like that's bad timing! I'm applying to do computer science and philosophy at oxford university in the UK so a more powerful computer can't be an off set! If I win I would sell my old card and give over 80% profit to a charity of AMD's choice!

Edited by JWHobson

I've got a gtx 1080, so while I don't really need a polaris graphics card it would still be cool to mess with it. Maybe create a media pc

I'm still using an ATI Radeon HD 2400 pro so I could probably use this the most... 

I've currently got a Rig with an Core i7 870 (Stock) and an Sapphire HD7850 2GB
I'd like to have the RX480 because it would be an BIG increase of performance!
Sorry if my English is bad i'm from Germany :P

I am currently using the MSI Gaming R9 380x 3GB card. I want the RX480 to lower the temps in my system and to reduce the electricity bill :D And, of course - MORE PAWAAA!!!

970 G1 gaming would be cool to see if the two match up and you can never have too many graphics cards.

Folding Community Board:

Also check out our Official Folding Month event:

I'm rockin' an intel 4600 :D.  Although i have a pretty good gaming laptop (Lenovo y50-70 with 860m), a great desktop graphics card would definitely be used and appreciated! 

r9 280x and i want more fps in csgo :D

I have an gtx 950, and well I just want some more perfomance and I want to try out amdxnvidia gpu stuff with dx12.

Currently i have an HIS Radeon R7 370 2GB. Why do I want it you ask ? Because well its free, and more power will never hurt :D

I'd like a card for my HTPC, right now only using it for video streaming.  Would be great to game one though. Also gibe nao pls!

Forgive the incoherency and rambling, but bear with me. Well, the best thing I've ever had was my current laptop with GT 740M, before that I had Geforce FX 5200, so that was a decent step up. Right now I'm either considering trying to build a RX 470 based build (switching to team red), or upgrading my sister's PC (since we live together and she has NO gpu) and trading it for my laptop (at the moment the budget is non-existent, which doesn't help, because cheapest RX 480 is 300 euro, and GTX 1070 for 550 euro, which sucks MAJOR b***sack). I really want to say a couple of things I'm proud of: Getting TES4 Oblivion, Fallout 3 etc. to run (decently) and finish on the FX 5200 and doing the same thing to Witcher 3 on my 740m. Just imagining what I could experience with a proper system makes me want to cry. Sorry for ranting and thanks for your consideration.

Just getting into PC building and my current rig only has a GTX 460. Was thinking about getting this card or the upcoming 1060 but I haven't decided on team green or team red yet.

3 hours ago, SilentMartyrs55 said:

Currently, I'm stuck with a Sapphire R9 280 and 1366×768 tv. I've been really excited to see AMD's Polaris lineup news/benchmarks/overclocking capabilities. I'd love to join the 1080p club with a GPU to match. Go team Red!

Quoted the wrong text :P

I have a gtx 1070 in my rig but I need a GPU for my laptop so if I won this I would use it in something like  a razer core. Then I could have multiple simulations going at once... 

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

Got a 960m so I kinda want to upgrade to a desktop.

I'm currently running "trash panda." I used to have an Apple(I know, I know. I have now ascended!) 2010 iMac 27' all in one. The logic board took a dump a few months ago. It would cost $600 just for a replacement board, so I sold it for parts. I started to scramble looking for deals to get a rig together. I haven't built one in almost 10 years. I was planning on getting a GPU but then the news broke about the next gen cards so I decided to wait. Meanwhile, I was taking out the trash and opened the apt's communal trash bin to find a tower dumped in there. I recognized the markings as a "higher end gaming pc" from back in the day. Upon opening what I've been calling "codename: trash panda," I was delighted to find a XFX R7800 series ghost.

It has served me well, but I would like one of the new Polaris cards. It comes down to price for performance. I would like something to run 1080/1440 like a beast. I would love further ascend and get a 29' or 34' ultrawide. Freesync monitors are a steal compared to g-sync which is always important for a struggling grad student.

Obligatory, "gibe nao pls."

I currently have the razer blade stealth, and I will buy the razer core. So Intel 520 hd vs amd Polaris! ?

I have a gtx 950 and hope I can get my hands on one of these new shiny AMD cards

I'm not using any GPU because I'm working on building a new gaming rig. I have most of the stuff for it but I've been trying so hard to get my hands on a AMD Radeon RX 480. They're sold out basically everywhere and this is my first PC build so I want it to be good for gaming but at a low price. Hopefully I could win the giveaway or someone else that deserves it/needs it for a gaming rig that they want to build.

I currently have a rig with a R9 380 2GB. Low 60fps 1080p at mid to low setting because the 2gb of vram. And Better gpu art expensive.

Still using a Sapphire Raedon 6850, looonng due for an upgrade ^^ xD

i have a 820m dumb laptop , planing on a pc build , a gpu would be helpfull