Radeon RX 480 Benchmarks

HKZeroFive
47 minutes ago, Zaryabzww said:

If you want actual numbers well the 970 sc acs 2.0 boost clock is 1178mhz okay? If you OC to a very reasonable 1500mhz thats a 27% increase in clock = 27% increase in performance. Someone should try that 1500mhz 970 with a whats the max 480s are getting 1300mhz? LOL

Because clock speed means everything. Therefore. FX 9590 @ 5GHZ better than 4790k.

2 hours ago, Zaryabzww said:

Oh god please end urself if you dont know that maxwell clocks % directly reflects actual performance LOL IM DONE i wont reply to anything you say next because youre brain dead

where does the line start for you to be done with?

5 hours ago, Starelementpoke said:

Because clock speed means everything. Therefore. FX 9590 @ 5GHZ better than 4790k.

2 hours ago, Zaryabzww said:

Oh god please end urself if you dont know that maxwell clocks % directly reflects actual performance LOL IM DONE i wont reply to anything you say next because youre brain dead

Hi Team, 

A FX 9590 with a 20% overclock is going to be 20% faster... Same applies for the Nvidia. It only gets more complicated when we start comparing different architectures. 

Thanks. 

2 hours ago, Belgarathian said:

Hi Team, 

A FX 9590 with a 20% overclock is going to be 20% faster... Same applies for the Nvidia. It only gets more complicated when we start comparing different architectures. 

Thanks. 

That's not quite how it works. Overclocking your CPU by 20% won't automatically give you 20% more frames in a video game. If your talking about actual calculations it can do, yes, that's technically true, but in actual application that's not how it works.

1 hour ago, Starelementpoke said:

That's not quite how it works. Overclocking your CPU by 20% won't automatically give you 20% more frames in a video game. If your talking about actual calculations it can do, yes, that's technically true, but in actual application that's not how it works.

I give up trying to educate you. 

Overclocking your CPU by 20% will give you 20% more RAW CPU power. 

1 minute ago, Belgarathian said:

I give up trying to educate you. Overclocking your CPU by 20% will give you 20% more RAW power. 

I'm aware of that. I'm saying that doesn't translate to 20% FPS in games. 

5 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

I'm aware of that. I'm saying that doesn't translate to 20% FPS in games. 

Neither will driving your car backwards down the street. Why are we talking CPU & FPS? You're either CPU bound, or GPU bound and if you're not CPU bound then it doesn't matter. 

An i7 5960X is going to perform just as well as a FX 6300 (in terms of FPS) in a situation where the game is bound by the GPU. 

14 minutes ago, Belgarathian said:

Neither will driving your car backwards down the street. Why are we talking CPU & FPS? You're either CPU bound, or GPU bound and if you're not CPU bound then it doesn't matter. 

An i7 5960X is going to perform just as well as a FX 6300 (in terms of FPS) in a situation where the game is bound by the GPU. 

I made that statement in response to the previous post: 

The context of FPS came from here:

So how would you like to receive your burn today? Okay on STOCK CLOCKS its 1fps difference but really what kind of idiot runs a gtx 970 on stock? Heres a fun fact, almost all gtx 970s hit close to 1500mhz some i have seen hit 1580mhz but i wont even talk about those since thats a small %. So lets take a gtx 970 at a mediocre 1450mhz and do you know what the fps difference will be then? 

Yeah OCing would give you a  jump in FPS, but it's far from that black and white.