AMD livestream has begun- Hawaii GPUs

Humbug

dat asus mobo

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

No head on the model! I SAW THAT!

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Visuals and audio are two sides of the same sensory coin. ASUS is the only one pushing sound anymore and they're all about the hardware. Creative tried their EAX thing back in the day and that's fallen by the wayside. It's going to fall upon AMD and NVidia to push audial simulation and immersion...Gaming audio is going to fall within the realm of GPUs.

Is there something withing the audio world that could be an equivalent to FPS?  It seems that with audio there is much more preference in terms of "what sounds good to you" (for instance being able to swamp amps on mobos and cards for preference) than something quantifiable.  I like that graphics has benchmarks, and I don't recall people often arguing over which is prettier for the sake of looks, is there some kind of equivalent for audio?

If nothing else it seems audio and the needs would be very different for someone who wants to wear headphones, someone who wants a 2 speaker set up and someone who wants surround sound. Are they trying to do it all?  How different are the needs?  Trying to do everything frequently means you are not the best at anything.  I am not sure I like the idea of being locked in based on the GPU to what audio AMD thinks is best.  Seems audiophiles would want more choices too.  I fear that many people may end up feeling like they paying for a feature they don't really want.  Either you don't care much about audio and mostly want to avoid problems, or you care enough you likely don't want it tied to your GPU. 

Intel Core i5 2400 - Corsair Vengeance 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24 - four strips) - ASUS P8Z68-V LE - GeForce GTX 660 Ti (MSI Power Edition) - 60GB Corsair Force 3 Boot drive with 2.5TB in a random nightmare of a configuration

Stream has been frozen for about 4 minutes for me now. :(

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

Stream has been forzeon for about 4 minutes for me now. :(

Just looking at ships, the insides, and cruising in the hangar buggy.

and taking a poo...

Sitting on toilet

Sitting on toilet

Sitting on toilet

Sitting on toilet

Sitting on toilet

Sitting on toilet

Sitting on toilet

and flush

The viewers keep going down. I don't think they want to see this game presented.

TressFX in Star Citizen? Wow that's kinda a waste of development time, hope they were compensated heavily for implementing that. If anything I'd want in the game would would PhysX SDK for some realistic effect on the ships.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

I'm Def getting 2 AMD 290x cards for my gaming down the road

Intel 4790k • Asus Z97-A • Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce • G.Skill 1866 4GBx2 • Corsair HX850W PSU • Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler • Intel 530 120GB SSD(OS) • 1TB HDD(Games) • Cooler Master HAF 912 • Logitech G15 Key • Razer Abyssus Mouse • Asus 24in 144hz VG248QE

5000ish people where only here to watch Star Citizen content :P

Intel 4790k • Asus Z97-A • Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce • G.Skill 1866 4GBx2 • Corsair HX850W PSU • Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler • Intel 530 120GB SSD(OS) • 1TB HDD(Games) • Cooler Master HAF 912 • Logitech G15 Key • Razer Abyssus Mouse • Asus 24in 144hz VG248QE

Damnit I'm going to miss like half of the stream because it won't unfreeze.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

What's with all the bad grammar? Ain't?

But really how much longer until we can get useful like PRICE POINTS

Guy's right, the one thing I miss about Consoles is Xbox Live social experiences, ahh the good times chilling with friends on consoles, it's just not the same on PC. Mainly because not everyone has the money for a custom PC or they're too cool for it

THE BEAST Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk   CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700   GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC  RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4   

PSU: Corsair CX650M     Case: Corsair 200R    SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD Plus   HDD: 1TB WD Green Drive and Seagate Barracuda 2TB Media Drive

We don t want pc gaming to be like a xbox! stop that heresy

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB