My problem with Mayhems (Specifically Michael Wood)

BCMods

I want to start by saying that I'm aware that this is a controvertial subject. Mods, feel free to remove this topic if you feel the need.

So I didn't want to make this thread as I admire how far Mayhems has got in the watercooling industry and wish them all the best, but the crap that's just been posted on Facebook has seriously pissed me off.

4772085_orig.png

Really Mick... REALLY?

Why don't you just beg for people to promote your products? Fair enough if you wanted to ask people to post their opinions on the topic in hand, however telling people he needs to be corrected is a joke. Then, to top it off, you tell people you're going to give them free products if they promote you enough?

I've used Mayhems products and while the aesthetics of them is awesome, I had nothing but trouble. Both their dye and X1 coolant caused all tubing I used (5 different brands) to cloud within 2 weeks.

6599868_orig.jpg

Mick initially blamed this on the water I was using, and I was quickly offered 5L of Mayhems Ultapure H20, free of charge which was much appreciated. This took over 2 months to get to my door, and I'm almost certain I wouldn't have received the fluid at all if I hadn't chased it up through SpecialTech (much love to the guys over there, I honestly can't fault them). Mick constantly ignored my emails and FB messages, and even removed me as a friend.

After the new water making absolutely no difference, Mick blamed me not flushing out my loop properly before using his product. This is utter BS as I tested everything in a closed environment with completed different parts.

He also offered to test my tubing with some of his equipment, however that was kind of lost amongst the ignored messages.

I'm all for giving companies a second chance, multiple even, however this is too far imo.

You constantly slate other companies, making them seem inferior. Seems like you should take a look at your own.

So I'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate Mick on losing a customer who had previously bought your products, and was about to do so again, regardless of the issues they experienced. A job well done. I'd rather not promote such a company by using their products in an upcoming build.

If you've made it this far, thanks. Maybe you'd like to read a friend of mine's experience with the man himself too.

http://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=46118

Feel free to throw some hate at me if you feel the need, although I'd much prefer to hear your thoughts and experiences with Mayhems. I'll try and get this over to Mick for him to have a read of.

Forgot to add in the OP (don't want to edit) that blacksmith on OCN is 100% correct :P

Clear pre-mixed or distilled with proper additives and colored tubing......Or even better........clear tubing. (forget the dye).

Never had the pleasure of Mayhem products. Sounds like I lucked out!   B)

I've always thought Mayhems coolent was pretty legit :/

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Sadly, Mayhems is the only brand that makes an Emerald Green Dye, which is the color I want. If EK et al. realized that people would buy more green coolant if it weren't puke/radioactive colored, I would use them in a heartbeat.

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

One thing I can guarantee you about mayhems is that you can expect no help from them if something goes wrong. However, when their coolants do work, they look good.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Well actually people get a lot of help from us -> http://www.overclock.net/t/1286896/mayhems-users-club/0_20

There is 173+ pages worth of help and support. you can also hit up www.overclockers.co.uk forums for help. There is also direct contact via email to either me or steve which you can do via our site. If op wasn't happy then fair enough you cannot please all the people all the time. If op doesn't like our face book fair enough there are a few thousand who enjoy it.

As for ST we have extremely close working relationship with them and have done for many years never once have they had an issue with us or in fact me for that matter. ST have never needed to talk to us over any thing esp with the op so there speculation is much incorrect.

Mayhems Support to the community as a whole is very good in comparison to many other companies. How ever there is a old saying if you do not like some thing do not buy it. "Simples" 

And if you don't like me .... well i personally do not care i have 3 kids who love me and a wife. Have fun trolling as for Coolermister aka Paul Edwards ROTFLMAO Ask him who does he rep for isnt it "XSPC" the company i told to take a walk ...... The company who tried to sell me a failing company that they destroyed, the company who didn't like it because i let the previous thermochill owner go into partnership with me and they tried to threaten us .. hahah Give me a brake esp on OC3D. 

As for ST we have extremely close working relationship with them and have done for many years never once have they had an issue with us or in fact me for that matter. ST have never needed to talk to us over any thing esp with the op so there speculation is much incorrect.

Err... Not so sure about that one matey.

5634897_orig.png

Mayhems Support to the community as a whole is very good in comparison to many other companies. How ever there is a old saying if you do not like some thing do not buy it. "Simples"

Because it's extremely easy to look into the future and see how shite a product is going to be, isn't it?

And if you don't like me .... well i personally do not care i have 3 kids who love me and a wife. Have fun trolling as for Coolermister aka Paul Edwards ROTFLMAO Ask him who does he rep for isnt it "XSPC" the company i told to take a walk ...... The company who tried to sell me a failing company that they destroyed, the company who didn't like it because i let the previous thermochill owner go into partnership with me and they tried to threaten us .. hahah Give me a brake esp on OC3D. 

Lmao, yeah you'd love me to not mention OC3D, wouldn't you? Especially after what happened with TTL. You fucked Paul over big time by what you did, your company's actions are completely irreverent. This is something YOU personally did.

@BCMods are u the same guy who did the Red Dawn build for Elric from TechTomorrow/motherboardsorg?

No mate, I thought he was using one of my products in the build when I heard it though! :P

been using xspc thermochill flex tubing and a fesser brand clear anti-microbial, anti-corrosive additive with distilled water. 4 months and my tubing looks just as clear now as it did before I filled my loop.

been using xspc thermochill flex tubing and a fesser brand clear anti-microbial, anti-corrosive additive with distilled water. 4 months and my tubing looks just as clear now as it did before I filled my loop.

You've got to remember that your setup doesn't contain any dye, however it is nice to hear your loop has stayed looking great :)

I used Primochill Advanced LRT and EKoolant clear. Looks great like day 1 too :)

Glad to hear your luck :)

How long has the system been running?

Sadly, Mayhems is the only brand that makes an Emerald Green Dye, which is the color I want. If EK et al. realized that people would buy more green coolant if it weren't puke/radioactive colored, I would use them in a heartbeat.

XSPC EC6 Green looks pretty close IMO.

I had terrible experiences with Mayhems, I'll stick with EK.

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

I had terrible experiences with Mayhems, I'll stick with EK.

Would you mind posting a bit more info? How has EK been?

XSPC EC6 Green looks pretty close IMO.

Except that it is UV coolant, which I've read bad things about.

Besides, I'm looking for something like this: 20120807150047.jpg

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

Err... Not so sure about that one matey.

5634897_orig.png

Because it's extremely easy to look into the future and see how shite a product is going to be, isn't it?

Lmao, yeah you'd love me to not mention OC3D, wouldn't you? Especially after what happened with TTL. You fucked Paul over big time by what you did, your company's actions are completely irreverent. This is something YOU personally did.

You are sad for posting here @mayhems

My rig: Case: Corsair 760T CPU: Intel 4690k MOBO: MSI Z79 Gaming 5 RaM: 16gb HyperX SSD: 256gb Samsung pro HDD: 1tb Toshiba PSU: Thermaltake smart 750 GPU: 1x GTX 1080 Founders edition