When will android surpass apple [discussion]

Overkilled
Just now, TroubleKlef said:

Actually quite the opposite in this context. It refers to the fact that technology reserves no biases, unlike what I have already seen here. 

Bias? So pointing out fact is bias, now?

Screenaninator: Sapphire Radeon R9 390 Nitro

Procrastinator: AMD FX-8300

Stickaminator: 16GB Crucial Vengance DDR3

Powermathingy: Corsair RM850i

attachamajiggy: Asus M5A97 R2.0 f

Remembrerthing: 240 GB Crucial SSD, 2TB Toshiba HDD

Just now, JoePro87 said:

Could you care to explain what is fact? You making statements is not fact. 

Also, welcome to the forums. 

Just now, TroubleKlef said:

Could you care to explain what is fact? You making statements is not fact. 

Also, welcome to the forums. 

No kidding. I've seen so much immaturity on here.

Anyway, everything I said about things Android did before Apple was fact. To show a lack of bias, I even pointed out something Apple did before Android. It's not my fault Apple doesn't innovate.

1 minute ago, JoePro87 said:

No kidding. I've seen so much immaturity on here.

Anyway, everything I said about things Android did before Apple was fact. To show a lack of bias, I even pointed out something Apple did before Android. It's not my fault Apple doesn't innovate.

Ahh, haven't been on here much if you cannot discern the differences between innovation and invention.

Use the forum search tool for find past topics. I think you'll find them enlightening. 

1 minute ago, TroubleKlef said:

Actually quite the opposite in this context. It refers to the fact that technology reserves no biases, unlike what I have already seen here. 

Both of you cool your jets. @TroubleKlef, @JoePro87 intentions were not out of bias, he was simply making a counterpoint to @s3ns3 when he stated Apple had these firsts,

remember me pls who brought touch id to phones first? and now it comes native with android? and i hear next version of android,which u will not get,or get after 1 year,has reply messages from notifications,like iOS. and maybe in the future releases it will have support for force touch

making it ¨superior.¨ He simply countered with firsts Android has had.

I'd say objectively android is ahead in most aspects, but not all since JellyBean and Galaxy S3.
Having used multiple devices from both and using both subjectively to their fullest despite having considerable preference to android.

Apple has it's software roll-out well done, but there is a reason android has not, but some of the reasons are blatant oversights from developers on that as well.

UI customization options are improving on Apple side, but compare to android not even worthy to speak of.

If I had time and cared enough... I'd go more in detail, but that is my personal view in a nutshell. =)

9 minutes ago, TroubleKlef said:

Ahh, haven't been on here much if you cannot discern the differences between innovation and invention.

Use the forum search tool for find past topics. I think you'll find them enlightening. 

Apple uses shit other people invented and create innovative products and then sue people when they too use inventions of others in their phones.

Just now, kajar9 said:

Apple uses shit other people invented and create innovative products and then sue people when they too use inventions of others in their phones.

11 minutes ago, TroubleKlef said:

Maybe not quite to that degree, but they did sue another laptop for having ¨rounded corners/edges¨ if I remember correctly.

1 hour ago, JoePro87 said:

If we want to talk about when Android SURPASSED iPhones, it was about the time they released Ice Cream Sandwich. (they have 80% market share. You just can't argue that) If you want to talk about when they got BETTER than iPhones, that is purely subjective....and the answer is...they have always been better. ;)

You mean 4 years of catchup to Android. 

1 hour ago, s3ns3 said:

remember me pls who brought touch id to phones first? and now it comes native with android? and i hear next version of android,which u will not get,or get after 1 year,has reply messages from notifications,like iOS. and maybe in the future releases it will have support for force touch

And who had 4G first? Who had multi core processors first? Who had more than 3.5" screens first? Who had more than 4" screens first? Who had expandable storage first (Oh...you're still waiting on that). Who had replaceable batteries first (Oh, still waiting on that, too)... Who had IR blasters first? (Oh shit, that's another thing you're still waiting on) Who had HD screens first? Who had Full HD screens first? Who had 2K screens first? (Oh, that's right, still waiting on that) Who had 4K screens first? (damn...notice a trend, here?) Who had widgets first? Who had live wallpapers first? Who had facial unlocking first? Who had laser focus cameras first? Who had multi tone flash first? Who had phones with more than 1GB of RAM first? On that note, who had phones that break the 4GB RAM barrier with 32bit OS's, and actually takes advantage of having a 64 bit CPU, first? Who had over 2,000 mAh batteries first? Who had 3rd party keyboards first? Dude, Apple is last in almost EVERYTHING. 

But, to keep it fair, I'll give you guys credit for one thing....they did have 64 bit processors first....BUT THERE IS STILL NO SOFTWARE THAT USES IT.

19 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

Both of you cool your jets. @TroubleKlef, @JoePro87 intentions were not out of bias, he was simply making a counterpoint to @s3ns3 when he stated Apple had these firsts,

making it ¨superior.¨ He simply countered with firsts Android has had.

Unless I missed something, @s3ns3 was the one making the counter point.

@JoePro87 apparently stated the "fact" that Apple has been playing catch up to Android for 4 years. @s3ns3 replied that Apple too has had their first. 

I'm just pointing out the moronic title that people seem to uphold for companies who do things first. It seems to me only fanboys and forum trolls seem care.

1 hour ago, s3ns3 said:

right 

and it never did. apple has 5 years updates

This is what you missed, @TroubleKlef. I replied to this saying that they have 4 years of catchup to play. That's when @s3ns3 said that Apple was "first" to do a bunch of things no one cares about, which is why I replied with a lot more things no one cares about, to reinforce the fact that it really doesn't matter who is first, it matters who is better. And, in my opinion, that's Android. ;)

This is what you missed, @TroubleKlef. I replied to this saying that they have 4 years of catchup to play. That's when @s3ns3 said that Apple was "first" to do a bunch of things no one cares about, which is why I replied with a lot more things no one cares about, to reinforce the fact that it really doesn't matter who is first, it matters who is better. And, in my opinion, that's Android. ;)

yes and where are those 4 years when things that are in iOS now will be included in future android versions. couse what i see you reffer to specs on paper,but like that video showed you,means nothing

1 minute ago, s3ns3 said:

yes and where are those 4 years when things that are in iOS now will be included in future android versions. couse what i see you reffer to specs on paper,but like that video showed you,means nothing

Omfg. Are you kidding me dude? Did you not see where I listed off like 30 things Android has that iOS doesn't? Apple doesn't have shit. Drop it.

17 minutes ago, s3ns3 said:

Austin´s video says something else.

1 hour ago, TroubleKlef said:

Lol nobody cares who is first. Technology isn't so small minded unlike some individuals. 

Isnt Apples whole PR campaign based on them being "InnovativeTM" and "Revolutionary®"? :D

PC:

Monolith(Laptop): CPU: i7 5700HQ GPU: GTX 980M 8GB RAM: 2x8GB 1600MHz Storage: 2x128GB Samsung 850 EVO(Raid 0) + 1TB HGST 7200RPM Model: Gigabyte P35XV4 Mouse: Razer Orochi Headset: Turtle Beach Stealth 450

IoT:

Router: Netgear D7000 Nighthawk

NAS: Synology DS218j, 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf

Media Accelerator: Nvidia Shield via Plex

Phone: Sony Xperia X Compact

5 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

Austin´s video says something else.

no because thats not real world usage. like opening apps,multitasking ,ui and browser performance. maybe the galaxy s12 will catch up current 6s at browsing.

Just now, s3ns3 said:

no because thats not real world usage. like opening apps,multitasking ,ui and browser performance. maybe the galaxy s12 will catch up current 6s at browsing.

Taking photos isn´t real world use?

24 minutes ago, JoePro87 said:

Omfg. Are you kidding me dude? Did you not see where I listed off like 30 things Android has that iOS doesn't? Apple doesn't have shit. Drop it.

first of all,android doesnt have shit.the things you mentioned like ir blaster(which is gone from s7 so no more ir blaster for you) is specific to samsung not android. 2k screen is just a number. take the g3 2k screen ,it sucks.other than that both the iphone and s7 have good screens. and i cant believe you mentioned 4k screen on a phone. like i said,you look for specs on paper. and i can answer you right now who had good screens first.the iphone with retina screen, thats what started the dpi race. only difference apple knows when to stop

but anyway i was talking about the software dude.not 1 milion different phone models. like the great standby time iphone has,and it only got on android in this current version with dose. 

oh and wheres force touch?

8 hours ago, Belgarathian said:

I honestly think that with your phrasing, you're trying to start a flame war. 

I personally think that both options have their merits (I use a Samsung A5 on KitKat for work, and iPhone 6 for personal), but I'll personally continue to use Apple mobility products as I love their rugged durability and consistent capability to deliver power and sufficient battery life. 

The only thing that has made me rethink is the Razer Blade Stealth, 14, and Surface Pro. 

From a specs point of view flagship Android phones surpassed the iPhone long long ago. Until quite recently no phone could really compete with apple. They tried with the one x but then HTC released the one m7. Obviously software is opinion but in every other field (screen, build quality, camera, processor etc...) Most flagship phones match or surpass the 6s.

The only thing they've got going for them is iOS and how thin they are.

I don't hate apple but let's be honest have they done anything innovative and original with the iPhone since jobs died? (When the 4s was released)

43 minutes ago, Overkilled said:

I don't hate apple but let's be honest have they done anything innovative and original with the iPhone since jobs died? (When the 4s was released)

"Internally" I think they have done a lot. The processor and storage improvements (especially the hybrid nvme storage with the 6s) are massive leaps forward, and the processor in the iPad pro is almost reaching 'desktop' class as they say. 

TouchID also a pretty good innovation, 3D touch I'll admit is a bit lame, I barely use it anymore. 

As the "speedtest" video showed for some reason Android still isn't there in terms of hardware/software integration which is an advantage iOS will always have. 

So have they taken over? I'm not so sure. 

When you could just drag and drop music from your computer to it and have it work

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

In my opinion, i wouldnt consider the word "Android", a universal system. Android at its heart, just like every other major virtual "bodies", be it for computers, chromebooks or whatever, had its infancy and its maturity, which is what we can call it now. Both Ios and Android are constantly evolving, and the same happens with Windows phones, but since theyr not the first choice that comes to consumers, theyr forgotten and left to dust, with little to no developers willing to invest time and money on it. Ios is one of the most popular choices, and while it comes with a higher cost than for Android, its a guaranteed sucess, if the app gets accepted and actually rated/downloaded many times, giving the creators popularity and making theyr wallets bigger, but theres a critical shot here for sucess, which is a shared ocean of apps and updates for all Ios powered devices. This also happens on Android of course, altough Android ecosystem is very wide and very, very fragmented in terrible ways that i dont know how Google overlooks at this. The software itself is geniusly built and with constant updating, it can provide a just as good experience as Ios, which is what we get on the Google Nexus lineup, and its truly only there. Android phone makers create theyr own skins, most of times neglecting the needs of users and focusing on something that is theyr own and that they can control freely. This of course, creates discrepancy in the entire ecosystem, where others seek to get the latest updates and cleanest software, and others jam it with loads of useless material designs and features, that only create a good experience for the modest and beginning users, leaving the technology know hows in the beach, waiting for that one smartphone with clean google software + outstanding specs to appear, which at this pace, will never exist (The Google Nexus 6P is a great device, but its not "outstanding" in the hardware department, as say an S7 Edge in terms of specifications"). Ios is obviously a very materialistic and straight forward experience, but its restriction is what i think Android lacks. Obviously we wouldnt want to be unable to customize our own Android device with a different theme or overhaul interface, but its pretty obvious that if we choose a "pure" android device, it will be much more enjoyable to use rather than an Apple device, if we do intend to create our own digital house on a machine that fits in our pockets. But, the lack of app development and overhaul inconsistency on Android phones, makes it also a very unstable platform, which in turn contributes to Ios optimization glory, which makes for a very smooth and enjoyable device even after 2-3 years of usage, whereas android devices, even the so called "high-end devices", go short in 1 year and a half, because its a fact that most popular apps for Ios get updates months before Android and even longer support than the Unix based system, not to even mention that many android phones are running very old versions of it and lack the hardware and software to run 75% of available apps. Obviously people dont have the money to upgrade from Android to Android phone on a scheduled basis and the lack of updates and balance between hardware and software makes it a very hard choice for longevity users, to stick with Android, and Apple knows it, so they dont think they should place a huge deal of effort on theyr devices anyways, because people do get tired of Android and its instability, thus its the "Louis Vuitton or Gucci if you prefer of the smartphone industry". In my opinion, both are great, we just have to choose between an inconsistent environment and highly costumizable project versus an enjoyable platform with great support and stability. Personally, i would choose Ios anyday as of now, if i could run it on my Android phone. But i would never turn down for a pure Android device. I just think Google Nexus is the only "real" platform, that even surpassed Apple in its own way. Everyone else, is just drifting in a minefield, which causes the pointless and totally miscalculated/uninformed Android vs Ios wars. Cheaper phones, more sales, which happens a lot with chinese manufacturers nowadays. More sales, never equals to higher quality, even tough chinese manufactuers have those nowadays, south korean giants and japanese ones are lacking it by a very wide rope. Some studies have proven that most wanna be or used to be Android users, would rather get an Iphone, than a Samsung or Lg phone, and i completely understand and agree with them now. Its not like Apple doesnt have its own problems, in the technical side of things. Theyr investing more into theyr "flagship" Iphones and its software, alongside theyr new headquarters and allegedly health/conservative efforts, and leave theyr Macbooks, IMacs and MacPros to die, and misinformed users fall in love for them, because they just want too but are unaware of the highly dated components inside. Its quite sad if you ask me, that such a company, with the right founders and principles, falled to disgrace just 4 years after its creater departed from this world. No winner as of now for me, we just get whats more guaranteed.

Groomlake Authority

3 hours ago, Overkilled said:

NVMe controller in the 6s and 3D force touch?

IMO once 2.3 came out it really surpassed it.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/