So Apple lied about iOS 9.2.1

doeskydoes

original article:http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2016/01/20/apple-ios-9-2-1-problem/#2715e4857a0b547d93875318

So when Apple said that with iOS 9.2.1 they said they made bug fixes of course this was aside from the huge bug everyone complains about they did not fix the frozen battery charge this is something that Apple said they fixed in September and has been annoying users for over 6 months now thanks apple im only buying your devices now because there the best on the market you stingy a-holes :( .

You will eventually die, accept it.

This is why I like android. I do not wait for someone to fix problems, I do it myself  <_<

lol i should switch 

You're an android dev running your own flavour of Android? Cool. 

No, but I have the freedom to tinker with stuff and fix issues instead of being locked into OTA updates...

lol i should switch 

no young padawon stay on the iosmasterrace its brighter here. I once ventured out to the land of "android"

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

No, but I have the freedom to tinker with stuff and fix issues instead of being locked into OTA updates...

So how do you fix the OS bugs yourself then?

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

You just summarized why Android is better.

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

Please show us how you fix OS bugs with tinkering

So how do you fix the OS bugs yourself then?

You can edit the system files with a file manager. There's hundreds of them.

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

original article:http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2016/01/20/apple-ios-9-2-1-problem/#2715e4857a0b547d93875318

So when Apple said that with iOS 9.2.1 they said they made bug fixes of course this was aside from the huge bug everyone complains about they did not fix the frozen battery charge this is something that Apple said they fixed in September and has been annoying users for over 6 months now thanks apple im only buying your devices now because there the best on the market you stingy a-holes :( .

Oh really.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Editing system files with a file manager

That's how you fix OS bugs ? okay m8

Woooooooo apple bashing thread /s

Sucks that apple is kind of shafting people on it but really this isn't the first time they have had OS level issues that they haven't fixed for a while.

And everyone bitching about the guy saying "tweaking to fix os issues" its pretty damn simple now days to migrate to a different rom where generally problems are fixed much faster. Either because its using stock android that google updates fairly quickly, or because coders will actually fix the issues before whatever your manufacturer will "approve" an update to your device. Basically i see it as an issue that when you buy an iPhone youre locked into one OS and if they dont fix something for you, you have no alternative.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

Editing system files with a file manager

That's how you fix OS bugs ? okay m8

Not personally but I'm sure it's possible.

Editing/browsing system files isn't the same as working with the OS code to fix bugs and issues though.

That's like saying because you can access and explore Windows file system you can fix issues inherent in the OS. Which is not the case unless you can work on the OS code.

I am generally curious as to how you can fix Android OS bugs without access to the source code and being a developer such as the folks over at Cyanogenmod though. Which personally aren't all that much better. Their latest Update removed the ability to even access my sound profiles with a long press of my power button. :/

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Not personally but I'm sure it's possible.

If by "editing system files with a file manager" you mean cooking your own kernel and rom and spending hundreds of hours trying to troubleshoot every single possible issue that will follow, then yes it's possible

Otherwise, no you cannot fix OS bugs using a simple file manager. Stop trying to make Android look better than it is.

Editing/browsing system files isn't the same as working with the OS code to fix bugs and issues though.

That's like saying because you can access and explore Windows file system you can fix issues inherent in the OS. Which is not the case unless you can work on the OS code.

I am generally curious as to how you can fix Android OS bugs without access to the source code and being a developer such as the folks over at Cyanogenmod though. Which personally aren't all that much better. Their latest Update removed the ability to even access my sound profiles with a long press of my power button. :/

Thats the thing, if youre working on a custom rom (or just stock android) you CAN get the source code, and you CAN recompile the software for your phone in particular if you want to.

The only thing you cant get access to are things are the phone manufacturer specific stuff (sense, touchwiz etc) which i kinda hate to begin with so thats not a huge deal

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Phones:

If by "editing system files with a file manager" you mean cooking your own kernel and rom and spending hundreds of hours trying to troubleshoot every single possible issue that will follow, then yes it's possible

Otherwise, no you cannot fix OS bugs using a simple file manager. Stop trying to make Android look better than it is.

Well actually, it for some bugs it doesn't take as long as you say, and also some ROMs are completely open-source, like my personal favorite which is Cyanogenmod.

Thats the thing, if youre working on a custom rom (or just stock android) you CAN get the source code, and you CAN recompile the software for your phone in particular if you want to.

The only thing you cant get access to are things are the phone manufacturer specific stuff (sense, touchwiz etc) which i kinda hate to begin with so thats not a huge deal

But fixing an issue in the code is going to take more knowledge then most people possess. You have to know the issue. Know what's causing it and know how to fix it without breaking anything else.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

Well actually, it for some bugs it doesn't take as long as you say, and also some ROMs are completely open-source, like my personal favorite which is Cyanogenmod.

I also do happen to use Cyanogenmod across three devices of my own, it is a very good rom but not bug free. If any, it's slighlty better than Vanilla android in terms of overall speed but that's it. LTE signal drops, camera bugs, and overall Android biggottry still happens even in the most custom of all roms. Android is not better than iOS, it is different than iOS.

I also do happen to use Cyanogenmod across three devices of my own, it is a very good rom but not bug free. If any, it's slighlty better than Vanilla android in terms of overall speed but that's it. LTE signal drops, camera bugs, and overall Android biggottry still happens even in the most custom of all roms. Android is not better than iOS, it is different than iOS.

does cyanogenmod work with chrome os

But fixing an issue in the code is going to take more knowledge then most people possess. You have to know the issue. Know what's causing it and know how to fix it without breaking anything else.

Yes im aware, but there are some issues that have been documented that are relatively easy to fix. Or you can read the rest of my comments where i said that most roms get updated far faster than any updates from carriers, and sometimes faster than google. So getting updates from something like CM or Krombi or something may fix your issues far faster than anything else.

Yes you can fix your own issues if you know what youre doing, but even if you arent a dev you can get fixes faster by letting someone who is good enough fix it for you. Both of these options arent allowed on iOS, and thats why i have a personal issue with the device/environment.

Its amazing how many people in this thread are harping on one guy who made a tiny comment that isnt 100% accurate and are just tearing it apart. Yall need some chill pills.

Primary:

HTPC:

NAS:

Phones:

You sir have touched the main problem with Android fans. When they start using an android device, they think they can instantly make custom kernels using two google searches and a cup of coffee.

Yes im aware, but there are some issues that have been documented that are relatively easy to fix. Or you can read the rest of my comments where i said that most roms get updated far faster than any updates from carriers, and sometimes faster than google. So getting updates from something like CM or Krombi or something may fix your issues far faster than anything else.

Yes you can fix your own issues if you know what youre doing, but even if you arent a dev you can get fixes faster by letting someone who is good enough fix it for you. Both of these options arent allowed on iOS, and thats why i have a personal issue with the device/environment.

Its amazing how many people in this thread are harping on one guy who made a tiny comment that isnt 100% accurate and are just tearing it apart. Yall need some chill pills.

It's an important distinction to make. Android is easier to fix for the people with the knowledge but those people are a drop in the ocean of Android users. Most Android users don't install custom ROMs. They use their phone the same way iOS users use their phone. They buy it and update it when the manufacture releases an update.

Us people who browse tech forums seem to become disconnected form reality if we don't constantly interact with non technically inclined people (not saying you but in general). I'm currently going to university and over winter went back home. It was quite a wake up to be with my family who have to work to manage the tv and sound system. Seeing friends again and realizing how challenging certain tasks are for them compared to me. When "we" talk about building computers a common analogy is comparing it to lego yet when ever it comes up that I've built computers everyone is blown away. The overwhelming majority of people would never ever think of doing anything like tinkering with their phones software outside of stuff built into what ever OS it came with. Even opening up a computer is scary for lots of them.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

It's an important distinction to make. Android is easier to fix for the people with the knowledge but those people are a drop in the ocean of Android users. Most Android users don't install custom ROMs. They use their phone the same way iOS users use their phone. They buy it and update it when the manufacture releases an update.

Us people who browse tech forums seem to become disconnected form reality if we don't constantly interact with non technically inclined people (not saying you but in general). I'm currently going to university and over winter went back home. It was quite a wake up to be with my family who have to work to manage the tv and sound system. Seeing friends again and realizing how challenging certain tasks are for them compared to me. When "we" talk about building computers a common analogy is comparing it to lego yet when ever it comes up that I've built computers everyone is blown away. The overwhelming majority of people would never ever think of doing anything like tinkering with their phones software outside of stuff built into what ever OS it came with. Even opening up a computer is scary for lots of them.

Once again, as i said in my post, my opinion relates to my decision as a user to chose a specific device/environment. I am aware that most people dont use roms and that its beyond most people. I am merely stating that i believe that android is a superior platform (FOR MY OWN USE) because its an option that i dont have on iOS. And its an option that will exist for as long as someone wants to support the android open source project. While i know that most people dont know how to root/flash their phones the fact that someone can do it for you once (within reason) and you can get what you want. This is especially important on the Android platform where some mfg decide to stop providing anything more than security updates after 6mo-1yr and after 2 years stop all updates. The open source community tends to support systems far longer (assuming there are enough people who care). I prefer this to the system that iOS uses because you simply aren't given a choice, even in some cases where then phone cant handle the update (see the current class action suit against apple).

We just simply differ in beliefs on what a user should be able to do with their phone. I believe the choice should always be there, even if the majority of users decide not to use it.

Primary:

HTPC:

NAS:

Phones: