WD Red 4TB GIVEAWAY!

LinusTech

1. I have a desktop that I built at home in which I am running a small SSD because I could not afford a larger one at the time I built it. Other than the SSD, I only have 80GB HDD from the mid 2000's, that I am using from an old computer I sourced parts from. I'm hoping that the drive does not die, because I cannot afford to replace it at the moment. My main drive is completely full of about two steam games and some applications I run for school, and my 80GB HDD is almost full of all my downloaded media.

2. Facebook share: https://www.facebook.com/krcmaric/posts/667296103283188

3. Twitter share: https://twitter.com/krcm0209/status/377821274782695424

I use a WD blue 1tb cos i didn't want to pay more for a high performance drive and i got it before ssd's were 'mainstream' and also i'm 15 so i get what i can get :)

Loving all the giveaways. Good luck everyone! :)

I use an Intel 520 120GB SSD as my boot drive (for obvious reasons) and a 1TB WD Black for games (only 70GB left...). I also have a 2TB WD Green for media and general storage (only 80GB left...). It pains me to say it, but I have no backups of any of my data. I simply can't afford it right now :(

Facebook share from Garth Sorenson: https://www.facebook.com/daftbehemoth/posts/10201085751084533

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

I am currently running an OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD for my boot drive and drivers because it is a great bang for the buck, and with features that allows easy firmware updates with a 3year warranty coverage. I am also using a 320GB HDD for my movies, music, games and etc. I have it with me for nearly 8years which was from my other system build and have not died on me. However, the capacity is really low with much steam and origin games taking up most of the space.

CPU: Intel i5-6500 @ 3.6ghz | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-B150M D3H | RAM: Avexir Core Series 8GB (2x4GB) | Gfx: Zotac GTX970 Amp! Omega | Chasis: Phanteks Evolv ATX  | PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 620W | SSD: Samsung Evo 850 250GB | HDD: WD 320GB |
CPU Cooler: ID-Cooling Frostflow 240l | 
FANS: Corsair SP120 rear exhaust | Keyboard: Ducky Shine DK9008S | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M60 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Well i run:

80GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 (2003/4, first seagate drive to have sata interface) to store non-essential files but it used to be an OS drive and after that a Network drive for the family. 

160GB WD Caviar SE (2005) as the backup drive for my SSD from where the OS was cloned to. Used to be a boot drive before that.

128GB Samsung 830 SSD as the boot drive after I won that drive in a contest. It was certainly a much needed speed increase as the WD drive above was much to slow for modern application's (such as Autocad and large games).

500GB WD MY Book essential drive (2008, usb 2.0) Severs as the family's network share drive to store music, pic's, doc's and even storing old games. Got it when circuit city was going bankrupt and it was $80 (normal price was in the $100  to $120 range at the time).   

750GB Seagate Goflex drive (2011, usb 3,0): Intended to be my "on the go" mass storage drive to fix other people's pc (runing Linux OS's and other tools) and to be able to store anything I need for any event I go to. Although it's currently serving as my primary storage drive for recording TV shows (my current rig does double duty as a gaming and HTPC rig).  Hope to get an internal drive to free this drive up for it's intended use.  I got this drive for $75 and I like the fact it can have different interfaces beyond USB (such as Esata).

I have a "big PC" that holds a Western Digital Blue 1TB and an HTPC that has a Western Digital Green 3TB EZRX and a Western Digital Scorpio Black of 500GB.The big PC holds the games and what-nots and the HTPC has all the movies and tv-shows.

I chose the Blue because I needed a large-capacity drive to hold movies/games and the OS.On my other machine,the 3TB is Green because the 500GB Scorpio Black is in charge of the OS.I chose the Scorpio Black to go with the 3TB Green because the case supports a 3.5" and a 2.5" and I needed as much storage as possible and as cheap,too!

Awesome giveaways Linus !!

Right now I'm using WD Blue 500GB no SSD unfortunately... It isn't enough :(. But hopefully soon I will be upgrading to minimally 120GB SSD and maybe some more storage. Sorry if I doubled some Ls :D

i use my set up because at the moment it's the easiest for me to monkey with, and it's relatively cheap ( standard hard drive, no raid on secondary machine) primary machine is more or less screwed at the moment >.>....

sharing this on fb https://www.facebook.com/darkangelcorry/posts/647071971983874

sharing on twitter https://twitter.com/MerithrasGamer/status/377823314992844800

Hey! I have a 1 TB WD black drive, i bought it beacause i had good experience with it before, WD is realible, and an SSD wouldn't fit in my budget.

Twitter share @michaelyogev https://twitter.com/MichaelYogev/status/377823213452939264

Google + michaelyogev https://plus.google.com/u/0/112875661168498847252/posts/Bnw7qS4ZVdj

i have a 640gb hdd, this is because i was quite young when we got the computer and haven changed it since so its ancient! looking to build my own gaming pc now im 18 so would be cool to have a free hard drive!  :)

I am running a single WD 2TB internal drive, a 1TB NAS which has 2 1TB drives in raid 1. I also have a WD 1TB my passport.

I bought the NAS to backup important data from my PC, it has 2 1TB drives because I don't need much storage to backup my important stuff and the seagate 1TB drives were VERY cheap at the time. i have the my passport because when it is very useful to produce a backup of someones hard drive before disassembling their PC and the my passport is physically small. 

I'm running some old Samsung 2,5" 320gb drive and Seagate Barracuda 160gb just because my PC is old(It wasn't upgraded since 2008) and I don't have much space in my mini ITX case.

I have a Toshiba 1TB HDD. It was cheap hard drive for my very first build but I do want to add an SSD for booting.

atm i have a standard 500gb hdd for price and mass(ish) storage and a ocz synapse 128gb as a cache drive to speed it up, i bought this later when i had more money but i am almost out of space and need MOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!  

Crucial M4 256Gb

WD something 500Gb I took of a MyBook External Drive

Maxtor 320Gb I took from my old HP PC

WD MyPassport Essential 500gb External drive

WD MyPassport 250Gb external Drive

At first I was just using the 320Gb I ripped from my old PC, which was all fine and dandy, untill it was full, this happened quite rapidly actually. When I found out my dad had a spare external MyBook I asked him if I could get the HDD out and put it in my PC. After a while my (i5 2500K) PC felt slow compared to my dad's (5 year old!!!) SSD powered MacBook Pro, so I ordered the Crucial 256Gb ssd and set it up as my new bootdrive, at the same time I installed Windows 8 because that was supposedly faster too,

I have a tonne of music too, so the 250Gb WD passport is purely a backup drive for all my music, I wouldn't want to lose any of it, so I'm making sure there's frequent backups, lastly the 500Gb external drive is to move around movies and such to other PC's.

i5 2500K - Asrock Extreme4 Gen3 - G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB- Asus GTX660 Ti - Crucial M4 256Gb

I use a 128GB SSD, for my Windows Ultimate 64bit, BF3 gamefiles and hopefully BF4 as well! I upgraded from a 7200RPM drive because I wanted the speed in order to launch my games fast, make windows boot fast and have a better experience using my PC.

I use an Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM and a Toshiba 2TB 7200RPM Hard Drives for my BF3 60-FPS recordings, because I make game montages, videos, and a lot of stuff for the BF3 Competitive community. I am going to a LAN event in 2 weeks, and I need a drive to record all the matches to !

Thanks a lot linus !

My set-up is: (Its not built yet)

Asus P8Z77 WS Motherboard

3rd Gen. Core i7 3770K

Corsair H110

Samsung 840 120GB SSD (Boot drive)

WD 4TB Black drive (for my programs)

G.Skillz 32GB DDR3 ram

EVGA SC 760 2gb

OCZ 850w PSU

I have chose this set-up because I am in college studying for a B.S in Information Technology. I need my computer to be fast, reliable, and have enough storage space to run alot of programs. My major is in web design and software development and I have  studies in computer forensics as well. I want to have a system that has structure. A drive to house my OS and a drive to run my Programs like Visual Studio, adobe creative suite, etc... and to have a third drive to store text books, rubrics and assignments so 1 drive wont cludder the other.

I have one 200GB 2.5" hard drive from my old gaming notebook & a old 500GB 2.5" hard drive I currently have in my system. I swap them out once in awhile when it gets slow & reinstall the OS. I blown my budget on my Asus Motherboard, 2600K, Case, RAM, video card & Everything else so I dropped the SSD out of my NCIX Cart, I didn't want to get a HDD after the Thai Floods. so I ended up using my old hard drives from my old notebook. My old 2TB external WD Green is full to the brim. I bought the WD Green before the Thai Floods for $69.99. Trying to save up for newer bigger HDD's but don't even come close, something always comes up. It has bin over a year now & still using my old 5 year old hard drives in my newer desktop.

twitter: https://twitter.com/zZZzzzSnooze/status/377821113180377088 (@zZZzzzSnooze2nd)

In my desktop:

An Intel 520 120GB boot drive for a speedy Windows 7 and it was the cheapest SSD with a 5-year warranty at the time of purchase. A WD RE4 1TB which I trust to store all my Steam games inside, and not forgetting the 5-year warranty that came with it despite paying the price of a 2TB RED. A WD Scorpio Blue 750GB (from a Lenovo laptop), a 2009 Fujitsu OEM 320GB (from a HP laptop), and a 2010 Toshiba OEM 320GB (from an eMachines laptop) are put together in the desktop for additional picture, downloads, video and FLAC music storage space. Just making the most out of used laptop HDDs and converting them into a little extra space for the desktop machine.

In my laptop:

An Intel 520 180GB (which replaced the Scorpio Blue 750GB) for fast mobile computing experience, quick boot from sleep and the quiet geeky nerdy pleasure of owning the fastest machine in class and laughing in peoples' faces when their laptops take minutes to start-up. The price for the capacity was enticing when I bought it, and it made more sense having 60GB additional space compared to the mainstream 120/128GB SSD drives as it was being used for school work.

Facebook share from Hamizan Ali: https://www.facebook.com/hamizan.sg/posts/10151846761359507

HardwareZone share with nickname Ark Law: http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/79461456-post2346.html

I have a 64 gb boot SSD for fast booting, along with one 500gb hard drive for games and media. I wanted the speed from the ssd with some other gb's to store data. Sadly I am almost out of space.

okey i have 4 SSD and one HDD

Samsung 128gb 840 pro - I use it for Boot, program, Documents (Backingup on my 2 OCZ and my WD RED)

Samsung 500gb 840 - i use it for Steam

OCZ vertex 4 128gb - use it for Uplay games (Backup Documents From my Boot)

OCZ vertex 4 128bb - use it for other gamer (Backup Documents From my Boot)

WD Red 1TB - use it for all my Video, music, pictures, backup, file sharing (Backup Documents From my Boot)

I use SSD because I'm very impatient. But i use a HDD for my video and backup because i dont need that much speed there and i re-write a lot and the HDD can take it

WHY!!!

I´m currently running a 250 Gb Samsung 840 SSD and a WD Blue 500 Gb. I was on a budget when i ordered my stuff, so i started with only the 500 Gb WD as a cheap option and added the SSD later.

I'm running a Samsung 830 128GB for OS, Programms and some Games.

For Storage I'm using a WD Black 1 TB.

For BackUps I have an old ghetto-externally-mounted 320 GB Laptop-HD

I defenitely need a new storagesolution because mine is too small for all those movies and stuff ;). But also because the WD Black is 4 years old and will probably fail on me soon :/. I need something more reliable for my otherwhise good gaming PC.