WD Red 4TB GIVEAWAY!

LinusTech

I run one Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 2TB 7200 RPM because I just built a new rig and transferred this HDD from the old rig. I'm too cheap to buy an SSD......

i have a 1 TB seagate HDD for my steam games 3/4 full 

also i have a 3 TB seagate have drive to store my family photos and videos on 

i have a back up 1 TB Green WD drive to attempt tp back up the most valuable photos and videos 

i also have a 500 GB  Magnetic Data Technologies,  ( i never heard of these people till now ) to save my school rubbish on and my os   .

the 500 GB or TB as the man said in the video ; is running extremely slow and has a read speed of around 5 mb/s , it also is making strange sounds and has corrupted files on it 

i have 3 blue screens in the last week .

i should not be posting my problems here but any way 

facebook thomas fowler https://www.facebook.com/roadkiller98?hc_location=timeline

twitter @ roadkiller98 https://twitter.com/roadkiller98

random commintiy ~ blogger http://testicals141.blogspot.co.uk/ i do not know why the url like that 

I have a Desktop PC

I have 500GB WD Green. I have this because I can't afford anything over the price I paid since i'm a student without a job.

Good Luck to everyone and Thanks for the giveaway WD :)

i have a ocz vertex 2 60 gb ssd for somewhat faster boot and a 1tb toshiba hd.

500 GB internal HDD for laptop

1 TB WD Passport (Always carry around)

1 TB Segate Expansion  (Keep it in home for laptop backup)

Why : Simple way to store the data and backup.

I don't have desktop and price also a concern

1  i have a ocz vertex 3 240GB OS 2 WD green 2TB (Backups) 2WD black 1TB (Games) 2WD blue 500GB (Movies and music) But i would like a WD red for my empty nas wich is empty for 5 months :) to do remote backups.

2 facebook https://www.facebook.com/ajax/sharer/?s=99&appid=2309869772&p%5B0%5D=1499906680&p%5B1%5D=10201958465552137&profile_id=1499906680&share_source_type=unknown (sotiri)

3 Twitter https://twitter.com/sotiridi/status/377840211058622464 (@Sotiridi)

4 Google plus https://plus.google.com/101082264344320255819/posts/FrXAQqFaCrw (sotiri)

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

I currently use a 3TB Seagate Barracuda for my OS and 2, 2Tb Seagate Barracuda hard drives in raid 1 for security because I don't want to lose any data. It's so terrifying worrying about losing data and in the past I always thought "eh, i'll get to it.." well I've lost 3 drives so far and this time I wasn't going to make that mistake! If I was to win I will definitely be adding a larger more redundant storage array for my data.

-Tony

For my NAS I currently using a mix of 1.5TB, 2TB and 3TB drives totaling 12.5 TB's of storage using unRAID. The reason why I chose that setup is the simplicity of the protection (Parity Drive) unRAID provides for my storage with the ease of adding addition storage into the array at any time. It is similar to RAID4 without the striping.  Files are stored as a whole on a single disk.  This configuration allows for a single disk failure to occur without losing any data. If multiple disk failures occur then only data on those drives are lost, unlike a raid 5 configuration here the whole array is lost.

On my desktop I use a single Intel 520 SSD drive for performance.

I currently have a 60GB boot SSD along with an older Seagate 320GB hard drive. i store programs in both and obviously the more highly used ones on the SSD. I do have a lot of media so currently I also have 2 external 3TB hard drives one from Wester Digitial and the other from Seagate both are great, but at this point they are both completely full. SO I would really like to win the 4TB drive as recently my 3TB backup drive died on me! :( Thanks for the opportunity

I have a SATA 120GB internal disk in my macbook pro. I mainly use this laptop for editing my pics in RAW format.

I also use a seagate backup plus 1TB external and a free agent goflex 1TB external to store my pics and videos.

I use this configuration because it is the best i could afford.

@nishankreddy4 (https://twitter.com/nishankreddy4/status/377836079782449152)

Nishnank Reddy (https://www.facebook.com/nishank.reddy/posts/713709651976229)

I'm running an 80gb Seagate Barracuda because i cant afford an SSD and I don't want to use my 160gb external USB drive as a boot drive

I have an OCZ Vertex 2 60 GB SSD in my ASUS laptop and the stock WD Blue 500GB HDD in the optical bay. I use the Vertex for bootup and a few audio editing programs. I have my Steam library, homework, projects, and media on my WD Blue, along with a 60GB partition for backups of my Vertex. So far I really like this combination but I plan to build a desktop in the future.

I'm running a really old WD Blue 750GB 5400RPM, I think its from 2010 and that's it.

I run whatever 750gb 7200rpm hard drive is in my ThinkPad and then I also have a 2TB WD MyPassport external for even more storage. I'm also looking into getting a BluRay drive to make back ups. I have this setup because it was pretty cheap and I trust WD with my important files.

I have an 500gb Seagate Barracuda HDD its not enough for me becs i install a lots of games and i need a big Hard Drive i also make videos that why i need a big Hard Drive. :) 

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SinOfLiberty

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chmopyzatoe.hobrincyka

I am using 128gb Intel SSD as my boot drive with OS and the most used programs(PS, etc). My 1TB WD Caviar Black drives serve a job of "all the goodies" storage. My steam games, multimedia software such as AE and Vegas are all there. I have these drives as at the time of my purchase this combo was the best bang for buck. SSD offers a huge speed burst to the PC while WD drives are in the "back plan" to deal with  big chunk of  files as well as prevent installing  less commonly used software on the SSD  

I do a  lot of video encoding, editing and formatting. The free space and the speed requirements from WDs black in Raid 0 are high in order to have everything completed in time. As everyone here, I would love to win  an extra drive as for  someone who extensively works with videos,  it is like a spare breathing room.

Thank you guys and good luck to everyone!

I'm using a 500 GB seagate hard drive because quire honestly it was the best I could afford. I raise my son by myself so I game when I have time and have actually managed to put to gether a pretty decent collection of games. I'm running out of room though on my hard drive though between games and school books and assignments so a bigger capacity hard drive would be great,.

I'm running only one WD 1 TB which came with the PC for games and data, I'd love to have more storage, but I don't have the money.

Before getting the computer i have now, i was running Win7 Ultimate on a cheap and modest 1tb WD Caviar Green. After getting my current setup (i5 3570k - 8gb ram - Radeon 7850) i was on the fence about getting another storage unit; i was tempted to get myself a 120GB SSD and use it as a boot drive, but considering that i had over 600gb used in my 1tb drive -backup files, steam games, video editing software, etc- i sacrificed the performance boost for extra capacity, so i went ahead and got myself a 2tb WD Caviar Green. Now i have all my backup files -and movable files, as i sometimes used it as if it were an external drive- on the 1tb drive, while having OS and basic software on the 2tb drive, as it is safer, it doesn't have prior use, less risk of damage and whatnot.

I'd very much like to get something like a NAS, as it would allow me to have much much more flexibility in terms of using storage capacity wisely, as well as a far better speed (using RAID setup), but i'm very much aware of the steep price and, considering i could barely afford a 2tb drive, i'm not sure how long it'd take for me to buy something like that, so this would definitely come in handy.

(Note: the drives are BOTH WD C Green, no joke)
-------------------------------------

Facebook link share: https://www.facebook.com/luciano.rivera.37 (Luciano Rivera)

-------------------------------------

Twitter link share: https://twitter.com/LucianoRivera1/status/377842266632507392 (LucianoRivera1)

------------------------------------

Thanks a lot for the chances! Best of luck to everyone.

Cheerio!

What I run and Why.

I run a desktop with 3 hard drives I had around my house, because I can't afford right now current generation drives or solid state drives.

1 boot drive Maxtor DiamondMax 106B200M0 200 GB, because it has the best read/write performance.

1 backup Western Digital Caviar 200 GB wich has all my important files, using that as a backup solutions because it hasn't the best performance but seems reliable.

1 storage Seagate Barracuda 320 GB as a main storage drive because it's the biggest of all of my drives.

What I plan to upgrade.

Upgrading soon, probably on Black Friday on a Synology single bay NAS wich I will populate with my 320GB drive, or with the one I win. :) Also a 120GB SSD is planned as a upgrade for my boot drive.

Signature in progress.

i've got an ocz vertex 3 120 gb for the OS and the main softwares that need to be fast, then I've two WD green 1TB, one is used for games and less important softwares and storage, the second is used for back up the previous two disks. I chose this configuration because is quite unexpensive, the 3 disks aren't really big so i guess this is the best i could manage for speed, storage and safety at the same time

My Rig:

Case: Cooler Master CM II 690 Advanced USB3; Motherboard: Asus P8z77-v; Processor: i5 3550 3.3 GHz - 3.7GHz, oc @ 3.9-4.1 GHz; Graphic cards: two XFX 7850 black edition oc @ 1 GHz; 

Ram: Corsair Vengance Red 2x4 GB 1600 MHz CL8; Heatsink: Noctua NH-U9B; Power supply: Corsair HX750 W 80 Plus Gold; Storage: SSD Vertex 3 120 GB +2 HDD Wester Digital 1 TB

Well, I have a 750GB Seagate Momentus XT in my laptop. I got it since it provides a nice speed boost over the regular hard drive and it has more storage. An SSD is too small for me at the moment.

I replaced the optical drive with the old hard drive using a caddy. It's some 5400rpm 500GB Hitachi hard drive, this is for games and other non-important things.

I salvaged some type of 1.5TB, a 320GB hard drive and threw some sort of NAS together. It's more convenient than an external HDD, i can stream to most things in my house now and backup my things easily. It's not really fast but it does the job without any problems so far.

Linus,

I use two 750gb HD's in my ASUS G74sx & have a 2 TB external from samsung. the two 750gb HD's came with my laptop and the external HD I bought to transfer data from my laptop to a new gaming desktop, which I am going to build and could really use the kickass space!

FACEBOOK Link : http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/brian.reeves.96 " Hey guys check out this giveaway from Linus Tech Tips for WD HD's! " Youtube link included.

TWITTER : N/A

OTHER: N/A

I'm using Toshiba 160GB, which has 2 partitions, one for OS, second for music, movies etc. Additionally I've got Hitachi 320GB for my external storage, because I was(and I'm still) short on free space and this was affordable for my at the time.

I have a  samsung 840 120 GB as my primary hard drive, I also use a seagate momentus xt 750 GB  SSHD  exclusively for   games and a seagate barracuda 2 TB for general storage.

I really could use   two wd reds for raid 1  as redundent storage and  use the others for  back ups, as currently need hard drives for back up (just built my computer not to long ago and have not had the money to by back up hard drives).

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |