WD Red 4TB GIVEAWAY!

LinusTech

I got a 320Gb WD WD3200AAJS-00B4A0 .

My first pc harddrive still going strong :)

I'm using two Intel 330 series 120GB SSDs in RAID 0 configuration (that I've setup thanks to your tutorial Linus) for my boot drive and I have a LC Power NAS device with one WD green 1,5TB for my storage. I have a pretty good components and I have that drive config cause I just like the speed and awesome response time of that RAID 0 setup. Also I love my NAS cause I can access it from whatever computer or Android phone trough my wireless router :)
But, that drive that I have in there is not big enough for me, and I would like to get me some of those WD red drives, cause I red the reviews and they seem pretty awesome :D

Facebook share from Igor Party-Rocker Mitrovski: https://www.facebook.com/ja159/posts/10201957916498334

Twitter share with Twitter handle @IgorPartyRockerhttps://twitter.com/IgorPartyRocker/status/378276912457453568

I have a 120GB Samsung 840 SSD for my OS Partition and an incredibly reliable Western Digital Blue 320GB for my steam library. I had three of those Western Digital Blues in a Raid 0 for at least three years and never saw an issue. I ended up donating two of them to my friends to help them get a gaming PC running and they are still going strong. I also have a 1TB My Book Live from Western Digital for my cloud-based music and movie storage. Great giveaway Linus Team and WD! You guys are awesome!

I use a 256GB SSD for my boot and all my main programs because I really like the fast boot. I have a 1TB hard drive for storage of all my steam games and music! I also have a 1TB My Passport for backup. Thank you Linus, I met you at PAX and you're a really nice guy!

I have two Samsung 840 series 120GB SSDs for the OS and programs/games I need great performance on, and a Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD for all other programs and as a file dump. I have some externals as backup hard drives, but have recently been not to reliable and wish i set up RAID :/ but love my build so far!  

I started of my PC build with a 2TB Seagate Barracuda. It was only $20 cheaper than a 1TB and I knew the extra space would come in handy.

However, I soon discovered that I would need a second Hard Drive for me to record to (I wanted to record PC gameplay with Dxtory). I did some research and found that a 120GB  SSD would suit my needs best (I only wanted my operating system and a few select games that I record to be on the SSD).

I now have the majority of my files and games on my 2TB Barracuda, and my operating system + BF3 and Planetside 2 on my SSD. I record all my gameplay to my HDD and it works perfectly!!!

I am now looking to invest in a second (large) HDD that would only be used for recording to, so that I could record any game I want!

Thanks Linus!

-The Smartful Dodger

It came with my laptop and I can't afford anything new :(

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

My OS, and some games, run off of a Mushkin Deluxe 240GB SSD, I have a 1TB Seagate Barracuda sporting all my Steam games, and another 1TB Seagate Barracuda storing any frequently used media and backups. Externally, I have a 4TB Seagate drive, a 3TB Seagate drive, and a 2TB Western Digital Essentials drive, all used for storing media. Everything was pretty much chosen as price/performance, for example, the Mushkin SSD had some decent performance, and a really good price, and almost all the other drives I purchased were at seriously discounted prices.

I have a 250 Gb hard drive with a 1 Tb Seagate external drive.  Storage isn't an issue so I want more speed.

I run a 128gb Crucial M4 SSD in my main system because it was cheap and fast. I have an old hard drive (200 gb only :() from a scavenged computer running as well, storing my games and photos. Everything fills up so quickly, with videos and photos taking up soo much. Would love a chance to experience what at least a couple terabytes of storage feels like!

I am currently running:

-Intel 330 256gb SSD for OS
-2x 500GB seagate barracuda's for games/programs
-1x 3TB western digital red
-1x 3TB seagate barracuda
-1x 2TB western digital green
-1x external 600GB western digital green

I'm running this configuration because they were the cheapest options at the time basically. The red is currently my primary data device because of reliability. It would be nice to get rid of the green as it's starting to get the click of death (my 3rd green that's succumbed to that issue..)

I'm using a 128gb Crucial M4 SSD and a 2tb WD black HDD. Just went with what was cheap/popular at the time for the SSD and chose the WDD HDD for reliability. Also have an old 1tb LACIE external HDD for backup which I bought back when I only had a laptop.

Im running 2x 256gb 840s because I need my computer to extremely quiet and I needed some storage

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

I'm using a 256Gb Samsung 830 SSD as a boot drive because it is faster then most of SSDs and my old OCZ Vertex2 60Gb is too small. Also I'm using 1Tb WD Green for My Documents folder, 2Tb WD Green for HD movies (not using often and at the time this drives was cheap and cool), 3Tb Seagate Barracuda for Downloads and Games folders and another 3Tb Seagate for storage of Korean dramas and my DSLR photos (Seagate is fast and cheap drives by $/Gb). No buckup drives.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ni_Eldar/status/378305752357937152 (@Ni_Eldar)

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/eldar.nigamatullin/posts/674398735905183 (Eldar Nigamatullin)

i3570k @4300Asus P8Z77-VKingston Fury 16Gb DDR3Asus 7970 Direct CUII TOP x2Samsung 830 256Gb, Enthoo Primo, EVGA 1000W P2 psu

Corsair K90Logitech G9xSamsung S27A750D 3D monitor, Pioneer A400Monitor Audio BR2 - 600T Enthoo Water Cooling Build blog

Pentium 4 HT 3.2GHz, Radeon X800Pro 256Mb, 2Gb DDR Ram, WinXP - Retro'04 Build log

I use a 500 GB Hard drive and a 1TB external drive.  I have a lot of music files that I not want to lose

My current configuration is a Boot 128 Gb SSD because I hate slow boots and a 1TB seagate HDD SATA 3Gbps because the SSD was too small and I do a lot of video editing, video gaming and I have over 100,000 family and friends photos.

I would like to win because my current storage is full and I used the money I had saved up to replace my broken CPU and my friend says WD HDD is a better performer than my HDD.

post-31407-0-28192800-1379031792_thumb.j

Currently have a boot SSD (64gb crucial) with 6.5tb is mis-matched storage drives (Composed of a 500gb western digital green, a 1tb OEM seagate as well as a 2tb and 3tb seagate barracuda). I did this because at the time of purchasing I wasn't smart enough to consider what would happen if a drive failed so I just bought the next capacity up each time I ran out of space and would demote older drives to less important data. I have since decide to go with raid 5 to get single drive redundancy but can't due to the mismatched drive sizes. Due to my reckless storage expansion I have allowed my self to hoard huge amounts of data which will require several new 3tb or 4tb drives to make redundant. Why did I "choose" to do this? I was and idiot. I would change it now due recommendations from Linus.

Tweet: @gking94 https://twitter.com/GKing94/status/378314162293583872

Cheers to WD and Linus for such great giveaways :D

I run a 128 GB Samsung 840 pro for a boot drive with my main programs for speed and quick access, the rest of my mass storage is on a 1TB HDD, with plans to expand to possibly a 2 or 3 TB WD Green drive for quiet and efficient storage for games, movies and photos. I also do weekly backups of photos and important data on an external 1.5 TB Seagate portable drive. 

I'm running:

- 128 GB Crucial "M4 SSD2" SSD - as my start up drive and for Battlefield 3 (to fasten up the load time of the maps).

- 1,5 tb Western Digital WD15EARS split up in 3 partitions (user documents (bc on my SSD is not enough space) / music / movies+programs).

- 320 GB WD3200AAVS for my video projects as recording drive.

- 250 GB Seagate ST3250823AS for my games.

And yeah, why do I use exactly this configuration? So all the hard drives (except the SSD) are left from previous configurations. I had a 500 GB WD Black as system drive which broke, so I bought the SSD and when I set up my actual desktop I putted the WD15EARS which was a external device before into the tower. The SSD was really cheap back then and offered a huge speed up to everything, and I just choose the Crucial bc they had a Marvell controller which to me is much better then the SandForce ones. The 1.5 I set up with 3 partitions when it was an external drive and since I play a lot more games now then when I bought it it fitted perfectly in the tower to run games. The 3200AAVS was an external drive too on which I recorded all my videos and also this drive have been putted into the tower to increase the performance. The 250 GB Seagate was left from my old gaming pc and I putted that in for all my games even when not all of them fit on the drive the same time. Normally I use WD for years now, since IBM sold their hard drive part to Hitachi. I loved IBM drives over all and I still have a 60 GB IBM IDE drive left which is used for music at my tv.

I'm planning to upgrade all drives in my rig but you know how that goes. You plan something then you need a new phone, then your car needs new tires, then there's this incredibly awesome new lens for your camera, your mouse breaks and you need a new one, someone offers you an iPad for a low price and so on.^^ :D haha. Yeah. Idk I thought about 3x WD Black 2 tb to replace all three HDDs but that's still a plan so I won't mind if you just send me over some new drives haha. :)

So there ya go. :) And oh, I decided to not put that link on FB bc I hate that network so much but I'll put it on twitter. But in fact that I believe in destiny I'll not put the link in here bc I think if I win it's perfect (and of course destiny) and if not it's also fine bc then destiny tells me to get my ass up and buy some HDDs :D

Greetings,

Alex

I have the following internal drives:

• 1x Intel 520 240GB SSD as boot drive/programs/commonly used games/small games. I love the 5-year warranty, although I may have purchased a Samsung 830 had it gone on sale first.
  • 1x WD Black 640GB for my games that I do not play too often, but still would like that extra "loading level..." speed.
  • 3x WD Green 1.5TB in Intel RAID5 for mass storage of my entertainment files.

External drives consists of:

• 1x WD MyPassport 2TB USB3 for backing up my mass storage.
  • 1x WD 2.5" Blue 1TB in a USB3 enclosure for storing my backed-up Steam/Origin/HumbleBundle collection (*shakes fist at Linus' Steam library techtip video*  ;)).
  • 1x WD 2.5" Blue 640GB in a Zalman VE-300 enclosure that contains my collection of rescue "CD"s.

Except for the SSDs, my collection of drives are all WDs because of my poor experiences with the other camps.

CPU Intel i7-7700 | Cooling Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 | Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z270F Gaming | RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 3.6GHz 32GB | GPU EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 FTW3 Ultra Gaming |

Case Fractal Design Define R5 | Storage Samsung 980 PRO 500GB, Samsung 970 EVO+ "v2" 2TB | PSU Corsair RM850x 2021 | Display ASUS VP247QG + Samsung SyncMaster T220 | OS Garuda Linux

My storage setup is quite random, well at least I think so. For a boot drive I have a OCZ Agility 3 60gb, along with 3 HDD's. Firstly, a WD Green 1TB previously from an external WD My Book (I just took it out of the enclosure and made it an internal drive), which I use this drive for files like movies, tv shows, iso's, photos, and application install files. Secondly, a Seagate Barracude 2TB, which I use for music, installed programs, and way too many seaons of Formula 1. Lastly an external WD My Book 2TB, which I use as a backup of the important files to me from the two other HDD's. No reason really behind the setup beside storing media and like I said a backup for some files I'd rather not become currupted, not sure what else a hard drive does besides store/back up files :ph34r:

I do wish to have just one SSD in my upcoming build, and then a NAS for all my storage... but it'll most likely just be this current setup inheriated to the new build with an SSD upgrade, who knows... cause I sure don't!

Intel 4770k EVGA GTX 780 Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H Corsair Vengeance Pro Samsung EVO (RAID0) Corsair Air540 Seasonic SS-660XP2

EK Supremacy Alphacool NexXxoS Swifttech MCP655 Swifttech MicroRes PrimoChill PrimoFlex Tubing Alphacool Compression Fittings NXZT Hue LED Controller

Asus PB278Q Acer H233H Coolermaster Quickfire Corsair M60 FiiO E09K Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro Windows 7

I have a Synology Diskstation DS412+. I chose it for 2 reasons, I wanted a powerful processor that could handle a PLEX media server which includes transcoding video. The DS412+ is also compatible with apple Time Machine for my iMac. Inside of the DS412+ I have a single 4TB Seagate NAS HDD 4TB drive; I got it because it was the biggest consumer grade NAS drive on the market at the time of purchase.