WD Red 4TB GIVEAWAY!

LinusTech

I do a lot of video work so I use a Samsung 128GB SSD for my OS, programs, and projects which I am currently working on. I use a WD SATAIII 500GB HDD to store all my footage. I also backup both drives to an external 1TB drive every so often. Been using better cameras lately which means larger files (68GB of footage for a finished video that is 6 minutes long) so I am nearly out of space now on both drives :( I love my SSD, its made start ups and programs soooo much faster.

My storage setup is composed of:

• the standard 500GB hard drive in my macbook pro, didn't changed it yet because i'm still waiting for 1TB SSD's to become cheap, said that it's configured to dual boot with windows 8, the setup is 64GB for windows 8 and the rest to macOS;
  • i use a 500GB WD external hard drive to store all of the steam games for windows and to store all of my music, movies, virtual machine drives and various linux distributions;
  • I have an old 80GB internal hard drive that i recycled from an old computer that was in my father's office, i use it to make a back up of the windows 8 partition;
  • my last storage unit is a 500GB time machine that does what it was made for, wich is keep daily back ups of my macbook pro.

Twitter share with Twitter handle @BressanFranco: https://twitter.com/BressanFranco/status/378184303063990272

Facebook share from Bressan Franco: https://www.facebook.com/bressan.franco/posts/10201753846105231

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I use Seagate Barracuda 500gb SATA3 7200rpm drive for boot drive and storage. I got it because i thought it was quite cheap for 500gb and I didn't need more space than that back then. Also planning to get a budget SSD like Kingston KC300 60gb on Christmas for a boot drive. 4TB would be very awesome :)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ErikasLavinskas/status/378187430756495361

i have a 60gb SSD and two 250gb HDD's and a nas with 2TB.

The reason for my storage is this: 

60gb SSD for os to boot fast and then the 250gb hdd's were reclaimed from old pc's. i built my pc during the floods, so storage was triple the cost so i couldn't afford it at the time.

when the prices came down i brought a 2tb External drive and hooked it to a rasberry pi server.

so my hdd's are used for storage, one for games and one for indie dev.

my backup's go to the nas server :-)

Thankyou for the prizes linus and keep up the good work!

I've got a 1TB Seagate, a 1TB Lacie drive and 2 x 2TB WD Elements. I've ended up in this situation because my needs have continuously increased. If I'd had the money, I would have bought much bigger and then I wouldn't have so many drives around. They were all cheap though - thanks to Amazon offers!

@andyhaywood24 

I do not yet own a desktop, though I am planning on building once I finish my undergrad (financial stability provided). I currently use an Ultrabook with a 128GB SSD drive. I use a combination of two external hard drives purchased over the years to compensate for my the puny storage capacities of both my previous and current laptop: a 1TB WD MyPassport to backup my movies and a 500GB model to back up my music and photos. 

I use a 80Go intel ssd for boot drive to make it fast and wanted to be able to easly reformat my os whitout loosing all my data, 2x 1 To in raid 0 for mass storage for myself like steam app and wanted to separate it from the OS to make it easier for it to boot (one caviar black and one seagate baracuda) and finaly 3x400 Go in raid 5 for network access for my familly so we can share picture, video and and backup and I didnt want it to affect my personnal drive space and is also way more cheaper then bying a NAS and give a better managing option since I run windows server 2008r2 on my computer. Might not be the best setup and not the cheapest but it works fine and I am happy with it.

2. Facebook share from Francis Grégoire: https://www.facebook.com/frankgreg/posts/10151828854274383

3. Google+ : https://plus.google.com/100139388075822350283/posts/YiancMoZyty

I use a 128gig ssd for now, but thats all cause i dont have enough for an extra storage drive, so i can only play a few games on my computer cause with battlefield 3 my ssd has 12gig left.

But i am still very happy with my setup though. It isn't much but i 'll do the job for me :D

i have a 120gb intel 320 series ssd in my laptop
and a old acer aspire one D257 netbook thats running as a File server with a 500gb HHD in it.
:)

1. I am running 500GB WD caviar green hdd, 1TB Toshiba hdd and 1TB WD My Book external storage hdd. The internal WD and Toshiba are for windows and all installed games/programs and external hdd is to store my movies, tv shows, games, pictures, music and my personal documents. I am not using ssd because they are still way to expensive for such small size... I have such big stogare because i have lots of movies downloaded and many tv series that takes alot of space plus my games, enough to say that out of 2,5TB of storage. it's 80% full...

2. Facebook share from (Ivan Core Stanec): https://www.facebook.com/ivan.stanec852/posts/609337922451116

3. Twitter share with Ivan Stanec @Core852: https://twitter.com/Core852/status/384049728402370560

Currently i have 256gb ssd in my macbook air and use a external 500gb hd. I also use a bunch of random usb keys. I use this config just because it happened to be this one, but i would love a 4tb hd for my first build.

I have 2.5inch 750GB HDD for my laptop. But it's really slow... 5000rpm..... I wish I get 4TB for additional hard drive. I'll buy hard drive encloser or something to run it

I run 1 wd black 1tb only because it cheap and has enough storage for me.  :)

I run two terabyte hard drives because they were the cheapest I could find for my storage needs. When SSDs get a bit cheaper per gigabyte I want to get one of those for OS but until then I'm using my current set up.

60GB ocz vertex 3 SSD for windows - turns out this is not really enough

2TB Seagate Barracuda for everything else, this replaced a 1TB Seagate which is now used as an external backup.

I also have an assortment of external USB hard drives.

I would quite like to completely redo my storage setup so that I have enough storage space for windows and all programs on a SSD RAID, then a large aditional storage / backup disk(s)

1. Ive got a 500GB WD caviar blue for bootdrive and programs that i bought 3 years ago when a built my pc. Then i have a 2 tb WD green for storage. I need a lot of storage because i need to have a lot of classical music and movies for my job (I do cultural courses). Also i have another 2 TB WD green for backup. I use an usb3 external dock to do backups once in a while of my job documents and music/movies. The bad thing is that im getting short of storage. I dont use a ssd as a boot drive because they are to expensive for me.

2. Facebook share from (Cursos Arte CIEC): https://www.facebook.com/estudiosculturales/posts/10200141003242522

3. Twitter share with Twitter handle @fridadecathttps://twitter.com/FridaDecat/status/378195263573073920

4. Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/112276562328691602030/posts/RqvXNn8cTMp

ps: Linus we are still waiting for the final personal rig update!!!!

Hello

I am using the fllowing 4 drives

232 gb 186 gb 300 gb  and 1td

The 300 gb is a Maxtor (birthday present), the rest Seagate because they have always been reliable for me

I am using these beacuse over the years I have needed more storage space, my first disk was the 186 gb, then the 232gb and 300gb then the 1tb.

These disks were bought because at the time of purchase they represented good value for size per pound cost. The four drives are all in my machine now because they just about give the storage I need and because they all still work fine so I have not needed to upgtade to another disk.

I run a 120gb SSD with most of my program files and Windows files on it for the extra speed. I have a 1TB Seagate HDD that is getting full with all of my steam games, movies, and music. It would be awesome to have more storage...

Great form of market research/giveaway - I'll flatter it by stealing it in the not too distant future. ;-)

1. I run a Macbook Pro (256 Gb SSD) and have an old desktop box w/80Gb primary and 3x 500Gb storage drives in that I fire up briefly every Sunday night for both archival (not everything fits on the 256 Gb SSD) and backup purposes. I don't run it all the time because... ...the electricity it would consume would cost more than my share of the unlimited family Crashplan account. (yes really; do the math and you'll be horrified) My two siblings do much the same and the Crashplan is used to ensure all the old desktop boxes are mirrored to each other for faster recovery in the event of a failure/house burning down/drug addict nicking the box and pawning it for cash.

Until this year I used to run 3x WD 500Gb MyBook external drives. One "working copy, one "backup copy", and one "offsite backup" - they're now in that old desktop box and are a what, 5 years old/halfway through their expected lives now. MyBooks because they happened to be the cheapest named brand that fitted the shelf nicely. The USB<>SATA interface in one died; else drives themselves reliable.

I have a 128 GB Adata SP900 SSD for OS and programs mounted on the back of the motherboard plate. I have it because it's super fast!

For Mass storage i have a 1 TB WD 3.5" Green drive mounted in the 5.25" bay to store all my data. The WD green drive is very silent and stays cool, so it fits perfectly into my Define R4 silent build.

I currently have zero drive cages to provide maximum airflow but I'd love to fill some up with dem sexy WD red drives, to store all my shittty old external drives internally (1 x 500 GB 5 years old, 1 x 1 TB 4 years old, both no name products).

who cares...

Hi. I currently use a Samsung 840 256GB as my boot drive and store regularly used apps on it. I have a 3TB WD Black 7200 RPM HDD in the same build that i use for storing music, movies, pictures, games, etc. I am currently building a SFF gaming / HTPC for the basement entertainment center (Steam Big Picture FTW over new "next gen" consoles. I am building it in the Corsair 350D and would like to use the WD 4TB Reds from this contest to build a NAS to connect everything. My plan is to set up a VPN so I can access everything at my house even when I am over here in Afghanistan. Winning this would help me with yet another project and win me some brownie points with my wife. Thanks. Take Care!

my name is Eldridge Big El Henry and I truly have a need for the WD Red .i am in the process of building my first custom PC. I am hunting for the best deals and most information on the complete process for building a PC. Thanks to you videos i am learning step by step how to build a custom pc. The first component i bought was the cooler master CM Storm Enforcer case. Secondly i purchased 2 WD green 1TB drives. A lot of people told me i wasted money on the green drives but i only spent $40 per drive. I plan to also get a SSD for my operating system to accomodate for the slower WD green drives. The addition of the RED drives to my system would allow me to eliminate the external 1.5 TB (100 gigs available) i am using currently for all my movies, pictures and music. So Linus I am hoping you select me as the recipient of one of those WD Red drives. Have a great week.

I'm running a Vertex 2 90gb for my operating system and frequently used apps for speed.  I'm also using a vertex+ 120gb for my games. I like being the first one in the game. And I'm using a Samsung 500gb for stoarage which is almost full.

I have a desktop computer I built a while back. I have a 32gb A-Data premier SSD and a 1tb seagate barracuda. I have the OS and drivers on the SSD and everything else on the HDD. As a teenager I can't easily get more storage space. My 1tb drive is quickly filling up and I plan on doing some video editing in the future. It would be great to have 4tb of storage!