WD Red 4TB GIVEAWAY!

LinusTech

I have a 128Gb Vertex 4 and a 1TB WD black.  I use the SSD for boot and my most used programs and the hard drive is for mass storage (pictures, games, videos and music).  I plan on putting together a NAS for my family, but it is a big purchase so that hasn't happened yet :(

I use my sony vaio laptop as a desktop replacement due to over heating issues. My 250gb Samsung 840 SSD was a significant upgrade in performance compared to the HDD i previously had which my friend said salvaged from a ps3. I went with an ssd over faster hdd because I have always been curious about the capabilities of SSDs. Performance is killer compared to before although I don't get full speeds due to lack of sata 3 on my laptop. As a college student, I had to stay on a budget and couldn't afford a larger capacity SSD even though i really needed one. My music is kept on a 16gb usb to leave room for more important stuff on my laptop.

https://www.facebook.com/rulas510

Well, my storage configuration.....sucks. I bought a 320gb 2.5" ssd when hdd's were super expensive. Then after about a year my friends PS3 died on him so i snagged his 320gb 2.5" drive from it and then formated the hard drive from FAT32 to NTFS. Then just recently I took apart one of my old Adata external hard drives apart because the case for it broke. So now i use that as a backup drive.

I basically run it this way because that is all i can afford as a student.

So as you see here, 1 or 2 4tb hdds in raid might be beneficial.

Twitter share with Twitter handle @jordan981023https://twitter.com/jordan981023/status/378344531051040768

For my storage I have which include 2 NAS devices

In my main computer

256GB Samsung 840 Pro (good speeds)

60GB vertex 3 (good speeds at the time)

WD 500GB black hard drive (didn't have to money for a larger drive)

WD 250GB very old drive, no idea what it is. (out of an old computer)

NAS #1 1TB WD mybook live (it had good reviews)

NAS#2 Coming soon, a server that i have purchased to run as more storage, it only has 2x 146GB hard drives in it so i need more storage for the home server. 

I run 2 Samsung 830 256gb SSD in Raid 0 for a boot drive and a 1Tb WD black with a 60Gb Samsung 830 SSD as a cash.

I use this set up because I like the speed of SSDs for boot however they are to small for all my steam games so that is why I have the 1Tb black drive.

I have a 1.5 TB HDD that came with my pc, I needed storage more than speed, so I bought a 4 tb Hitachi HDD. I also have an external 3 tb hard drive which is full. I download a lot and backup everything :). But, sadly apparently my OS drive the 1.5 TB one is failing, dont know why and just when I bought the new HDD for more space. :(  Realize now, that I should have not bought this dell pc.

My desktop has two Corsair Performance Pro 256GB SSD's running in RAID 0 which I have my primary OS on, all my Steam games & other miscellaneous programs for lightning fast performance.  For storage I have a 1TB Western Digital black caviar HDD for music, and videos I record & edit.  My 1TB drive is close to being full so the additional storage will be amazing for more video recordings storage.

I'm using 3 TB WD Red x 5 in my NAS. I need lots of reliable storage, myself for my music, and my wife for her movies. 

I currently have an older computer running as a media server both online (Plex) and for within my home streaming to my TV (XBMC). It is running on a 750GB WD Blue drive along with two external drives, one 2TB Lacie and a 750GB WD portable external drive. This setup is housing my fairly extensive blu-ray and dvd rip collection at the moment without a backup aside from the disks themselves. The primary reason this is my setup is because it is what I had available at the time of setup. I have been for a while trying to get the money together for some WD red drives, so winning any of these would be amazing.

Hello. I'm from Romania, and i want to try winning some extra storage even if the competition is BIG.

My current setup is made from two desktop pc's.

One is for daily use and have an 120gb Adata Ssd for the OS because is loading a lot faster and a Raid0 setup made from two wd10ezex because i need the 2tb space and in raid0 they run like hell.

The second Pc is in HTPC zone. It's storage is made from 60gb Intel Ssd for the os, wich is loading in about 10 seconds and two 2tb wd green drives for the storage. Here i do not use any raid because I need the storage space and i need safety as much I can get from the setup.

I hope i can win some extra space to do some back-ups.

Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

250 GB seagate barracuda for os and programs and a 500 GB wd green for storage.

I did this so that if the os drive fails, I still have all important data on the other drive. wd drive came with computer, was given the seagate.

Thanks for the giveaway.

Hi i am using 80gb ST30211 i guess i dont know if this is correct my mother bought this when i was grade 1 student it was about 8-7years ago i guess i am in grade 8 right now my father brought me a new PC Core i3 and a new Motherboard h616-m12 it was a graduation gift i used this 80GB ST30211 For Flight Simulator now there are only 2GB ram left since i used it for flight simulator addons and sony vegas photoshop etc. 

i only have 1game here only FSX i dont have a chance to play BattleField 3 and GTA 4 im afraid that i might have no ram left and maybe it causes my 

fsx to lag i have no money im a student i would love that WD 4,0TB ram WdDLDJ7.jpg

Specs Core i3

h616-m12 elitegroup 

and gt9500

80gb ram 

I used core i3 because its cheap and its fast and can handle several flight simulator addons 

i dont know about my motherboard though the store that we have bought offers this motherboard 

gt9500 when my pc was not upgraded a technician suggested this to buy i dont know why i cant remeber

much of the details and this HDD was brought together when my Full Package PC with a monitor cpu keyboard etc. 

and this HDD was about 6years ago 

I run:

1. 128GB Crucial M4 SSD for OS and main programs.

2. 256GB Crucial M4 SSD for Steam games

3. 160GB WD Blue for media.

I find myself deleting stuff very often to make room since I have such low storage capacity. I could really benefit from a new drive!

Facebook share from Oscar: https://www.facebook.com/Oscahh/posts/3464328984268

Twitter share with Twitter handle @Oscahh: https://twitter.com/Oscahh/status/378383636321415169'

Google+ share with name Oscar Ibarra: https://plus.google.com/u/0/108870662670004803706/posts/Qv9DFAzhyoK

I currently have the following drives in my PC

HDD:   

WD WD Green WDBAAY5000ENC-NRSN 500GB SATA 3.0Gb/s : Offered great storage and decent speeds but it is certainly not enough for all the games, music and gameplay videos that I have.

SSD: 

Corsair Force Series CSSD-F60GB2/RF2 2.5" 60GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD): Can barely fit anything on this drive beside the OS, and 5 games that take a long time to load without the help of an SSD.

Da Rig : Mobo: Asus M5A97-r2.0 | Cpu: FX-8320 (4.1ghz) Stock cooler | Gpu: Sapphire R9 290 | RAM: 16GB Patriot Intel Extreme (1600mhz...for now >:]) | PSU: Antec 620w continuous | SSD: Corsair Force 60gb (boot) | HDD: WD 500GB 7200rpm  WD Blue 1TB | OS: WIndows 7 Ultimate 64-bit |

I have a 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F1 on my PC.

I bought Samsung because 3 years ago was the best option in performance/price and the warranty of Samsung here in Argentina is really good.

1x 2Tb Seagate Barracuda - OS

2x 1.5Tb Seagate Barracuda - Mirrored Pool in Windows 8 Storage Spaces

1x 320Gb Samsung - Steam Games

I use the 2Tb HDD for my OS because I like the luxury of accumulating lots of files before the need to do any spring cleaning. Anything worth keeping such as music, photos, health material, etc. are moved to the Mirrored Pool in Storage Spaces. Lastly the 320Gb HDD is 8 years old which is expected to die any day now and is the location for my steam games which can be re-downloaded anytime.

1. I have a Windows 8 desktop with 128GB Sandisk SDD for OS and 2TB WD HDD for data. I have set up my old desktop as headless Windows 7 PC with Teamviewer. Old dektop has one 2TB WD HDD. Every now and then I take system image of my Windows 8 PC to old PC, as well as file copy of my important files like pictures and videos.

I run a single SSD for OS and programs for its speed

I use a 120GB SSD to cache my 1TB WD black HDD via Intel SRT. Also got a 2TB and 1TB WD green drives for storage. NEED MORE STORAGE!

Awesome giveaway Linus! As always :)

I have a 120GB SSD for the OS, browsers and heavy softwares like PS.

Also a 2TB internal HDD for Steam and Origin games, music and my favorite TV shows and movies.

And a 2TB external HDD for backups.

Almost every single GB on those hard drives is occupied :(

I have a samsung 512gb ssd in my laptop & my synology nas is configured with 2 x 2tb in raid 1 configuration, think they are seagate drives.

Would love to double the storage of my nas box.

I currently have a Seagate 1TB boot and 2TB drives. I really need mass storage right now for my games and movies. I also do mild video editing so the space is quite useful. I also use it for storing my pictures. I am planing to upgrade my boot drive to an ssd but its really expensive here and im still a student. :D

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/jonathan.tumulak/posts/630315516989599

Twitter : https://twitter.com/sillyoes/status/378463610785132544

I currently have a wd blue 320 gb storage setup. I have only been in the pc world for 9 months and I took my friends advice. After about a month I knew it wasn't enough. I have looked into ssd but still not sure about them. I know for sure I need more storage.

I currently have a wd blue 320 gb storage setup. I have only been in the pc world for 9 months and I took my friends advice. After about a month I knew it wasn't enough. I have looked into ssd but still not sure about them. I know for sure I need more storage.

I currently have a HP N40L MicroServer running two 3TB WD Reds in RAID1. I read that the WD Reds were made for NASes and hence I decided to try them out. The NAS is used to store backups for my family's PC at home, as well as shared libraries, like videos and pictures. I'm already running out of the space on the 3TBs; it'd be great to have more space to store more things!