Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)
4 hours ago, mach said:

Hey guys with non-backlit keyboard, do you ever regret not getting one with backlight? I sure do. ? Really want to get a new one with backlight but my current one (a filco tenkeyless) is too damn good I don't want it go to waste.

Not at all. I have blank keys and touch-type, any lighting on my keyboard would just be for aesthetic purposes. And I think underglow looks a lot better than backlighting anyway, so if I were to light my board up, it would just be with underglow.

Just got my combatterwing China special mechanical keyboard. Cost me $29.99 and it uses some knock off blue switch. 

This is my first mechanical keyboard and I have switched forever. I hate typing in membrane keyboard now. 

IMG_20170707_004249.jpg

16 minutes ago, luigi90210 said:

Just got my combatterwing China special mechanical keyboard. Cost me $29.99 and it uses some knock off blue switch. 

This is my first mechanical keyboard and I have switched forever. I hate typing in membrane keyboard now. 

IMG_20170707_004249.jpg

How are those QWERASD shaped keys when typing? Seems like that would be quite off-putting.

Just now, iFreilicht said:

How are those QWERASD shaped keys when typing? Seems like that would be quite off-putting.

you get used to it, i got those keys from best buy, it was a corsair gaming kit iirc

it helps me out when im playing overwatch

I just bought a Masterkeys Pro S. Feels very odd not having a numpad, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Brown switches seem to have significantly quicker actuation point than blues that I previously had, not sure I like that. But I wanted the quiet tactile switches so ain't got much choice.

Evga GTX 1080 SC ACX | Ryzen 5600X | MSI Tomahawk B550 | 16GB Vengeance 3600MHz | EVGA 650P2 | HAF X | WD SN850X | Asus MG287Q 1440p 144Hz

36 minutes ago, treeroy said:

I just bought a Masterkeys Pro S. Feels very odd not having a numpad, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Brown switches seem to have significantly quicker actuation point than blues that I previously had, not sure I like that. But I wanted the quiet tactile switches so ain't got much choice.

I have the same keyboard, and the only thing I don't like about it is how easy it gets dirty.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

2 hours ago, treeroy said:

But I wanted the quiet tactile switches so ain't got much choice.

There are a lot of different tactile switches, but not as easy to come by. Tactile Greys, MX Clears, Zealios in 4 different weights, Matias Quiet Clicks. There are probably more but those come to mind immediately.

But for most of those you'd have to build a keyboard yourself. Clears and Tactile Greys can sometimes be found in retail boards, but that's not common. And Matias switches are exclusively in Matias keyboards, which are quite expensive.

6 hours ago, luigi90210 said:

you get used to it, i got those keys from best buy, it was a corsair gaming kit iirc

it helps me out when im playing overwatch

they look rly cool, is there any for razer keyboards (going to get shit on for having a razer keyboard) 

1 hour ago, DisguisedDemise said:

they look rly cool, is there any for razer keyboards (going to get shit on for having a razer keyboard) 

Any mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX or Cherry MX-like switches will be compatible with those. So yeah, they will fit the Blackwidow.

Mah rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 with its stock Wraith Spire RGB cooler

GPU: Gigabyte Mini ITX GTX 1070 OC Edition

MOBO: Gigabyte AB350M-D3H motherboard

Storage:

• 1x 120GB Samsung SSD(Windows + some programs)
  • 1x 1TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda HDD(Windows storage)
  • 1x 160GB Samsung HDD(Archlinux)

Case: Orange Cougar Challenger

PSU: PCYes! Electro 600W

6 hours ago, DisguisedDemise said:

as long as your keyboard is compatible with cherry style keycaps than it will work for your keyboard

Hey!

I’ve recently joined the mechanical keyboard clan, with a budget option. (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EMWLL1I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_eTayzbXXSNEDN)A friend of mine had it and I surprisingly liked the knock-off keyswitches more then the blues I tried out at microcenter. My keyboard is nice, with a metal backplate and water resistance. The only problem being the keycaps are horrible quality. I hate them. 

I’m looking for some PBT keycaps for my ten keyless keyboard that have ninja, or side printing. Black keycaps are what I’m looking for. If you have any suggestions for a site, that would be great. It’s a 6.25 bottom row, if that helps. Thanks!!

Totally don't have links in my signature

25 minutes ago, Muirj101 said:

Hey!

I’ve recently joined the mechanical keyboard clan, with a budget option. (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EMWLL1I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_eTayzbXXSNEDN)A friend of mine had it and I surprisingly liked the knock-off keyswitches more then the blues I tried out at microcenter. My keyboard is nice, with a metal backplate and water resistance. The only problem being the keycaps are horrible quality. I hate them. 

I’m looking for some PBT keycaps for my ten keyless keyboard that have ninja, or side printing. Black keycaps are what I’m looking for. If you have any suggestions for a site, that would be great. It’s a 6.25 bottom row, if that helps. Thanks!!

http://www.maxkeyboard.com/max-ansi-pbt-104-key-cherry-mx-keycap-set-front-side-print.html

Also allows 6.25 bottom row

15 hours ago, jpgrandi said:

Any mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX or Cherry MX-like switches will be compatible with those. So yeah, they will fit the Blackwidow.

11 hours ago, luigi90210 said:

as long as your keyboard is compatible with cherry style keycaps than it will work for your keyboard

Thank you, i shall buy them in an attempt to blame my keyboard for my shite ability to play OW

On 08/07/2017 at 10:22 AM, DisguisedDemise said:

Thank you, i shall buy them in an attempt to blame my keyboard for my shite ability to play OW

No need to, you already got a razer for that ;) jk man, whatever floats your boat.

16 hours ago, iFreilicht said:

No need to, you already got a razer for that ;) jk man, whatever floats your boat.

Lmao, tbf i dont even use it as i dont have the space for it right now, using a laptop instead of a bulky setup

Finished my Sentraq S65-X with 'stock' Gateron Blacks. The switch LEDs look blue but they are actually white. And these are some older picture, I swapped the old Cherry tops for the Gateron clear tops.

IMG_20170625_213655.jpg

IMG_20170629_183557.jpg

5 minutes ago, MxZeal said:

7jm37L5.jpg

GMK Hydro on a TADA/SABER 68?

Derp, didn't see the text you said in first post.

4 minutes ago, ADCBot said:

GMK Hydro on a TADA/SABER 68?

Derp, didn't see the text you said in first post.

That's because I just edited it in :P

13 hours ago, MxZeal said:

TADA 68 WITH GMK HYDROS [snip]

Nice cable as well, where'd you get it from? My curled orange cable from Pexon was shipped today, soooo excited!

Hi all I'm looking for some side lit PTB keycaps in a UK format but am having some difficulties sourcing them any help would be welcome.

thanks

2 hours ago, Add2017 said:

Hi all I'm looking for some side lit PTB keycaps in a UK format but am having some difficulties sourcing them any help would be welcome.

thanks

I don't think those exist in PBT. You can find ABS ones on aliexpress, but front print backlit caps are already quite a niche, and backlit PBT caps are quite hard to produce because they have to be made as doubleshots and the transparent inlay is then required to be made from POM.

Sorry to disappoint you.

2 hours ago, iFreilicht said:

I don't think those exist in PBT. You can find ABS ones on aliexpress, but front print backlit caps are already quite a niche, and backlit PBT caps are quite hard to produce because they have to be made as doubleshots and the transparent inlay is then required to be made from POM.

Sorry to disappoint you.

Ok thanks anyway