Recommendations for a new laptop

AlanAlan

I am trying to replace my old laptop with a new and I looked and did a lot of research and I can't seemed to find a good one. Are there any good choices ?

I like my Surface Pro 2 a lot (if that counts), but that's mostly because I use it for school and the portability is nice. I got a 256GB one like new on ebay for ~$450, but with a ton of accessories I sold for ~$125. Really good deal.

Buy something with an A8, an A10 if you can find one for the money. I had a Toshiba laptop with a 4600m for about a year before replacing it with my Gigabyte one. It's a fast machine on an SSD. I still have use case scenarios for it.

APUs are next to useless for gaming, but for general use cases and consumer-grade laptops, they're terrific.

I am trying to replace my old laptop with a new and I looked and did a lot of research and I can't seemed to find a good one. Are there sny good choices ?

What are you looking to do?

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

I've been using ASUS-X450LD. 

You can do your usual school work in it, plus casual gaming like Dota 2 and what not. 

But, I don't think they are selling it anymore, so maybe anything that goes after this series of laptop from ASUS would be nice. 

I am trying to replace my old laptop with a new and I looked and did a lot of research and I can't seemed to find a good one. Are there sny good choices ?

Ehhh this thing?

Dual Broadwell cores at 2.1 GHz. Intel HD 5500.

Should do normal web browsing just fine and may even game a bit. That iGPU should handle games like CS:GO or LoL no problem. No triple A titles though. The lack of SSD and 4GB ram only is a concern. So you might end up paying more to get the HDD swapped out and upgrade RAM in the future if you want a enjoyable experience.

If you can raise the budget a bit, snatching something like this would be a significant upgrade. $100 more and you get 940M, better CPU, and 8GB ram total.

What are you looking to do?

Is this for web browsing or gaming?

I am going to use it for web browsing, video streaming , Microsoft word

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking a new laptop and I saw that Skylake has these new feature which can benefit me while do work. I am looking for a laptop that can do Microsoft word and Google docs and I will be sometimes watching movies and videos on it. can anyone give any suggestions? Thank You!

I am looking for a new laptop under $599. What are some good choices? What are some laptops with the new skylake ( 6th Genatration ) processors in them? I would like a laptop with 8gb of ram and with a 1 TB hard drive,but it is alright if they don't have those specs.

step 1: dont fucking buy a laptop, please.

step 2: join the glorious pc gaming masterrace.

Look for a 2nd hand ThinkPad with an i7 2630QM, 8GB DDR3 and an SSD - those cost around 400$ or less on ebay

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

1 - you are misinformed

2 - you are incapable of reading

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Is an mITX PC, monitor, mouse and keyboard portable?

Only if you have a car.....and some people (hello) don't :D

Look for a 2nd hand ThinkPad with an i7 2630QM, 8GB DDR3 and an SSD - those cost around 400$ or less on ebay

Do you know any good laptops under $599 with the new skylake processors in them?

Do you know any good laptops under $599 with the new skylake processors in them?

Don't think those exist, sorry

1 - you are misinformed

2 - you are incapable of reading

Is an mITX PC, monitor, mouse and keyboard portable?

jeez chill guys. everyone buys whatever they want, im simply expressing my hate towards laptops, my family has had so many laptops all varying 300-800 dollars and all of those have sucked ass and caused headaches. dont judge me lol. and chill out dont attack like that :unsure:  

jeez chill guys. everyone buys whatever they want, im simply expressing my hate towards laptops, my family has had so many laptops all varying 300-800 dollars and all of those have sucked ass and caused headaches. dont judge me lol. and chill out dont attack like that :unsure:  

Don't post unless you have something to contribute?

What about the 5th gen laptops?

Just look for 2nd hand ThinkPads if all you need is work and a powerful CPU

This is the antithesis of helpful

I need it to be portable for work. I can't bring a desktop all over the place

Well, if you have an opinion against laptops why are you posting in a thread where the OP is specifically asking for a laptop?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

my friend. im telling you from experience. my family has had like 7 or 8 laptops all varying from 300 to about 800 dollars. few 500 dollar laptops have performed same as close to 800 dollar ones. also some 300 dollar laptops work like 500 dollar ones. find real world comparisons, and also figure out what are you going to use the laptop for.

Well, if you have an opinion against laptops why are you posting in a thread where the OP is specifically asking for a laptop?

There no laptop section