Wisdom tooth surgery...

TechnoNerd

So I have my surgery to remove my wisdom teeth tomorrow. Thoughts? Anybody have experience with laughing gas?

-Specs on my profile-

You laugh for about 2 seconds before you pass out.  Then it's like sleeping and you wake up later.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

So I have my surgery to remove my wisdom teeth tomorrow. Thoughts? Anybody have experience with laughing gas?

They put the mouth bit over your mouth, you count to 10, you dont reach 10 because youre already asleep

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

I had all four taken out last year. They hit me with the general anesthesia and I was out before I knew it. Post-surgery I was prescribed norcos and that kept me perfectly fine. Never experienced pain for the entire process. I will say that your gums take time to close so make sure you ask your dentist for a irrigator to clean out the pockets of food. If you don't, the food will rot and create a rank ass smell. 

Dont worry about it, its like getting a filling, well only on a bigger scale :P

your month will bleed and it will hurt for the next day or two - unless they really had to yank them or you stop taking the meds. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I remember everything about getting teeth pulled under it yet it wasn't painful. Worst experience will be forgetting that you have no teeth there when you go to chew before your gums toughen up again.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

By the time you fall asleep the next second you wake up with the procedure all done. Also it tends to make you feel queasy and have a hangover afterwards for a couple of hours before it full wears off.

Lmao I was supposed to get them out like 6 months ago but the surgery got delayed so I've been dealing with them coming in for awhile now :P

-Specs on my profile-

I'm 19 and I still have my wisdom teeth. The bottom ones are mostly in, but the tops haven't even started yet.

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

I'm 19 and I still have my wisdom teeth. The bottom ones are mostly in, but the tops haven't even started yet.

If they come in straight you can leave them even as long as you clean them well but if they grow like a capsized ship then they need to go.

Mine already came in and are fully exposed. Doc says my mouth is big enough to keep them, but still recommended pulling them later on. I'm fine for now haha.

If they come in straight you can leave them even as long as you clean them well but if they grow like a capsized ship then they need to go.

The bottoms are straight.

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

I've had just 2 removed, it was fun and I was awake with just local anesthesia. Got 2 stitches per tooth. The other 2 are safe and sound in my mouth not bothering me nor need to be removed :3

I am so, SO happy I have a big mouth & straight wisdoms after reading some of these posts. I hate going to the dentist just for checkups, having a tooth or teeth removed just makes me shiver D:

I had all four of mine removed in one visit, not very fun. 

All 4 of my wisdom teeth were impacted, and still in the middle of my jaw, which is the worst kind of removal. they cut open your jaw and break the teeth apart into peices inside your jaw before then pulling out the pieces and stitching you back up.

Anyway, went into my operation, was getting all four pulled in one go. The doctor firstly, started just stabbing me over and over again with the needle, before giving up and saying "I can't seem to find the vein, I'll just go for one in the back of the hand" ... Not very pleasant, my least favorite place for an iv... Just as I was starting to go under though, and was about to nod off from gas the door opened and another doctor came in, I was awake just long enough to hear him say "This is doctor [blah blah blah], they'll be evaluating my performance today." I was awake enough to realize what that meant... Which made my heart rate spike and them check the iv and stuff... oh man, it gets worse. I then woke up, in a dimly lit tile room, leaned back in a chair, my mouth fully of bloody gauze... The first though that went through my head was something like "OH FUCK IM IN SAW" and I panicked pretty badly for about half minute before remembering I was in getting my wisdom teeth pulled. Now, I hate stitches, I always have. I cannot stand wounds or anything of the like. Having four rows of stitches in my MOUTH for about 3 weeks? Almost unbearable. Like, completely unbearable. I didn't want to eat, or drink anything anymore, I couldn't stand the thought. that and for the first few days it hurt like FUCK

TLDR: It's fine, just don't stress it. Depending on whether they're in your jaw still, or have come to the surface will change the severity of the operation. But in all generality its not as bad as other surgeries I've had. Just relax and carry on.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Had my bottom two removed as they were impacted (growing in sideways).

Only had local anesthesia, no Nitrous Oxide or general anesthesia.

Once they numb you up, it's not that bad. You just feel pressure from the drill. Yes, on some impacted teeth, they use a drill to break the wisdom tooth into smaller pieces and then use forceps to gently remove the pieces. It took about 45 minutes for mine. Had 3 docs working together.

They may make you rinse with sterile saline before hand (fancy salt water).

Afterwards, your mouth is going to swell up. You'll be eating mashed potatoes and yogurt for at least a week  :P . I didn't need any of the prescription (Vicodin) pain meds, I have a high pain tolerance, so it didn't bother me too much. It was more of an ache than a sharp pain. 

You may be prescribed gram positive antibiotics to prevent septic, do take these! and follow the dosage!

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.