Build Log: Wally, The PC case from a monitor's backlighting. Sponsored by CableMod!

iamdarkyoshi

and then you have my dad that wants me to cool my 4790k with it... and a 775 block..

if the board has 775 holes then it can be done. My previous WC build had a swiftech apogee gtz on the 775 holes of the z77 extreme4.

if the board has 775 holes then it can be done. My previous WC build had a swiftech apogee gtz on the 775 holes of the z77 extreme4.

I think I have the top left one

shouldnt be too hard to convert if need be.

14024307588l.jpg

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

those seem pretty damn universal.

if all else fails I have the WB from the TEC watercooler I got. Dead pump but the TEC is kicking. Loud af though. 35mm I think delta cooling the hot side...

this baby here..

elite_mfg_pic.jpg

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

if all else fails I have the WB from the TEC watercooler I got. Dead pump but the TEC is kicking. Loud af though. 35mm I think delta cooling the hot side...

this baby here..

elite_mfg_pic.jpg

Need a pump? I am thinking of buying a new pump. My MCP 355 is not the quietest, but it isn't too bad. Its audiable over the silent fans though.

Need a pump? I am thinking of buying a new pump. My MCP 355 is not the quietest, but it isn't too BSD. Its audiable over the silent fans though.

No I have one. definitely not silent though.

But I still have a big list..

Rads

GPU

GPU Block  (full loop or nothing)

Res

Case (my case has a max support of one single fan rad)

Tubing

I might desolder it and test it with my ESR meter. I do know how heat kills them though. The dell monitor I did a debezel guide on had proper quality caps, to my surprise.

Heat pretty much dries up the electrolyte, and since CapXon caps don't have the right one, it wont last as much as good ones.

Testing their ESR is a good thing though.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Heat pretty much dries up the electrolyte, and since CapXon caps don't have the right one, it wont last as much as good ones.

Testing their ESR is a good thing though.

yup. Also we have a sponsor! CableMod!

To the rest of the viewers, what PSU should we go with within 100 bucks? http://cablemod.com/compatibility/

Air cooling?

Yes, I understand this is a budget build, but it would look over one hundred times better if you used hardline tubing (black or yellow?). Also, a ribbon for the GPU would look nice as well.

Well because the fittings for premochill hardline pipes are more expensive than the rad itself that I was planning to buy, @iamdarkyoshi and I had the idea to replace the tubing with pvc and cover it with bendable tubing because that would cost almost nothing. Watercooling will likely come in a few months because of the fact that I need a gpu waterblock and I have to buy a new powersupply because of the awsomeness of CableMod :) so money is a bit pf a problem right now...

but... amazon prime shipping... whats with the damn me?

You gave me hope for the 290x

HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO ME

YOU OPENED A DOOR THAT I THOUGHT I CLOSED FOREVER

Well guys, MY main PC is running memtest overnight because I just received my third set of ram, and so I couldn't do a proper update using my PC. But I can post a placeholder here with my phone and edit it later. We got the GPU painted, and figured out that the previous owner of the GPU does not grasp the concept of thermal pads or thermal paste. They had the card apart before... But I had a spare thermal pad set and arctic silver, so I used that.

Here is the GPU painted with rustoleum flexidip. Its a plastidip clone, and its metallic blue. It looks absolutely fantastic.

post-128204-0-34687900-1445058872_thumb.

you better be painting that mobo heatsink

you better be painting that mobo heatsink

the silly little cover over the chipset? Yes, that will be painted. Also for now I covered a spare 212 evo's heatpipes blue, it hasn't dried yet.

You should remove or color those Tri-X stickers, throwing off the colors

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

You should remove or color those Tri-X stickers, throwing off the colors

nah its a good accent color.

nah its a good accent color.

Sure. I mean, I guess it blends those gold colored capacitors on that mobo into the color scheme...

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

thanks for having us in your build ! your samples are on the way !

Thanks! I can't wait! And just an update to everyone here, my PC passed an overnight memtest, so I will soon update this build log with a proper entry.

Day Three: Metallic blue Flexi-Dip looks awesome.

So we bought some metallic blue Flexi-Dip (Plasti-Dip clone) and the GPU and L bracket turned out looking awesome!

post-128204-0-43050400-1445125511_thumb.

Since I liked this stuff, I ended up painting the heatpipes on the 212 evo, turning it into a Blue-12 evo. Note to self, clean and rough up the surfaces first and do not use any type of spray paint... It still looks cool, albeit as a 10 foot mod.

post-128204-0-08515000-1445126340_thumb.

The corsair PSU and CableMod cables should arrive next week (today is Friday). And due to the fact that ThisPCNeedsABetterName/Turnip The Heat to 11 now has a 32GB kit that WORKS, the ram I was using can go back into the mediaserver and the second 8GB kit of ram from the mediaserver can go back in Wally.

post-128204-0-95199600-1445126741_thumb.

Next thing to do is install the blue LED backlighting.

Images in OP

you should really go for something better than a 2500..