How much do you care and would spend on audio

toben67

How much would you guys spend on audio? When you can spend it on alot more other things graphics card Peripherals ect.

Choice 1

As long as if it makes sound its fine by me ($10-$15 earbuds Beats bye Dre)

Choice 2

It needs to sound ok I don't care too much (Razer Kraken "typical gaming headset")

Choice 3

I would spend more for better sound yet wouldn't go all out (HyperX Cloud, Steelseries Siberia Elite Prism, Sennheiser HD 518,Low end headphones,high end headset)

Choice 4

I care quite a bit yet I don't want to spend more than X amount (Sennheiser HD 558 or 598, Audio Technica M50, Audio Technica ATH ATH AD500x or 700x)

Choice 5

I care alot and will go all out in terms of audio (Choice 4 headphones or higher end with a DAC/AMP)

Choice 0

DONT GIVE A FUCK

it could sound like nes music and i wouldn't care. i generally turn sound off in games

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

Choice 4, although that X value for me is quite low. Hooray for being a budget-phile!

CPU - Intel i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 (Rev 2.0) | RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB (2x8) DDR3-1866 | Storage - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD | Graphics Card - EVGA GeForce GTX 980ti SC | Case - Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (Black) | PSU - EVGA 750W B2 | Display - Acer K272HUL | Keyboard - E-Element RGB | Mouse - Logitech g502 | Sound - Klipsch ProMedia 2.1/Fostex TH-x00/Sennheiser HD595

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Probably most of my disposable income, if I had any. $500 is about the price of decent subwoofer, to give an idea...

Choice 4.5 - $300 headphones + $1000 speaker system which the amp is used to drive the headphones. + Another pair of $200 headphones which don't require an amp for use on my phone.

Gaming PC: CPU: i7 4770k@4.2GHz w/ CM Nepton 140xl, GPU: Gigabyte 1070 @2050, RAM: ADATA XPG V1 16GB@2133MHz, Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 7, Case: Corsair NZXT S340.

Oh boy, I really don't care about audio that much. I'm using generic $20 Logitech speakers right now. Whenever I game with friends I use a $40 Logitech headset that I bought only because it was on sale, the quality is pretty nice considering the price, but I didn't even look up the audio quality before I bought it.

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

No more than $100. So pretty much just Krakens and crank the hi's and lows.

Choice 4 but with a smaller budget... (All hail Superlux)

that would be choice 3 low end headphones

that would be choice 3 low end headphones

No... The quality is on par with the more expensive headphones... the problem lies in finding them in stock...

This is as all out as I can go with audio at the moment... (I'm broke and unemployed...)

No... The quality is on par with the more expensive headphones... the problem lies in finding them in stock...

This is as all out as I can go with audio at the moment... (I'm broke and unemployed...)

There always in stock amazon U.S.

There always in stock amazon U.S.

Check my location bruh... and the Amazon prices for Superlux slightly off... we get them cheaper here...

You should have made this a poll.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Choice 5, though now I want nice pair of ciem as well.

Edit: Though I would have to draw the line at $2k for headphones and $1k for amp/dac.

Choice 5, though now I want nice pair of ciem as well.

Edit: Though I would have to draw the line at $2k for headphones and $1k for amp/dac.

But then you couldn't afford something from Benchmark. If you're going to spend that much on a DAC, you might as well get something legitimately good.

choice 3 and 4 .

BEcasue i belive if you look hard enough , you can find the best headphones for the price ,

one example : Philips SHL3300 .

(⌐■_■) 

I just spent $900 on a $1200 pair of in ears, where I got a 25% discount. Definitely would do again. Also, I'm planning to save up for the Benchmark DAC2 HGC, and their associated speakers and power amp. So there you go.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Choice 4. I'm currently using an HD 598.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

Choice 7

I have my PC connected to a home theater. I want the world to hear! But we use the room for movies also.

I just spent $900 on a $1200 pair of in ears, where I got a 25% discount. Definitely would do again. Also, I'm planning to save up for the Benchmark DAC2 HGC, and their associated speakers and power amp. So there you go.

Are you kidding me....... $1,200 pair of in ear head phones?? Those things are brutally painful.

Choice 4. I'm currently using an HD 598.

With or Without an AMP/DAC