What unpopular tech opinions do you have?

Mao_Zedong

I do not regret buying a 295x2 in any way

I don't mind the Xbox

I don't care about the bugs in Windows 10 anymore

Windows Vista wasn't bad

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

970 is an amazing value for the price.

No. No it REALLY isn't. You could argue for the 960, but the 970 is obsolete. R9 390 is better, but maybe more expensive? Go with the 290, it is cheaper. Drivers are pretty much equal nowadays, hell Nvidia is having a hard time with Win10, 90% of Nvidia do features are on AMD on some way. Power is meaningless (other than like the 295X2), as adding 100W to your PSU brings the price up by what, $20? You could argue heat, but the coolers are so good nowadays that that is kinda irrelevant.

I do not regret buying a 295x2 in any way

I don't mind the Xbox

I don't care about the bugs in Windows 10 anymore

Windows Vista wasn't bad

295X2 is a great card if you got it for 550$

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

No. No it REALLY isn't. You could argue for the 960, but the 970 is obsolete. R9 390 is better, but maybe more expensive? Go with the 290, it is cheaper. Drivers are pretty much equal nowadays, hell Nvidia is having a hard time with Win10, 90% of Nvidia do features are on AMD on some way. Power is meaningless (other than like the 295X2), as adding 100W to your PSU brings the price up by what, $20? You could argue heat, but the coolers are so good nowadays that that is kinda irrelevant.

No it's the other way around. The 960 is just shit, you can almost get the R9 290 for the same price.

The 970 is user preferences vs the 390

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

No it's the other way around. The 960 is just shit, you can almost get the R9 290 for the same price.

The 970 is user preferences vs the 390

Not in anywhere other than the U.S. You cannot. UK is (last time I checked, a week ago) £80 more for the 290. Also the 290 performs same as 390, so is very much a 970 competitor.

See? It's an unpopular tech opinion.

If I was building another PC with the same budget as my current one, I'd go for a 970 again.

And big deal if "Nvidia is having a hard time with win10", it's not like AMD hasn't had driver issues in the past either.

The heat argument is still relevant, especially for me where without the added heat from my pc, in the summer is already quite a bit warmer than it is outside (top floor of the house, parents don't turn the AC on often..), so the extra heat from an AMD card will just make that even worse.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

295X2 is a great card if you got it for 550$

I got a card better than a Titan X for as much as a 980. (more by like 20 or 30 bucks)

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

I got a card better than a Titan X for as much as a 980. (more by like 20 or 30 bucks)

Again.. only in US... 550$ = 500 euro, i've spend 799 euro on my 980Ti, I could almost get two 295X2's.

Lowest price of the 295X2 was 650 euro I think.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

See? It's an unpopular tech opinion.

If I was building another PC with the same budget as my current one, I'd go for a 970 again.

And big deal if "Nvidia is having a hard time with win10", it's not like AMD hasn't had driver issues in the past either.

The heat argument is still relevant, especially for me where without the added heat from my pc, in the summer is already quite a bit warmer than it is outside (top floor of the house, parents don't turn the AC on often..), so the extra heat from an AMD card will just make that even worse.

Note you avoided all mention of cost and performance.

Note you avoided all mention of cost and performance.

Ol well.

The card is great, handles all the games I own without issue at 1080p 60+FPS.

The price isn't bad either, sure it doesn't have the absolute best price/performance compared to every other card out there, but for a mid-ranged build it's an amazing card.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I hate Android Lollipop. It's ugly, seems to eat battery, is less functional, and many more things.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

Want unpopular?
Norton is pretty good and is way up there with the other big names like Kaspersky, Bitdefender and Nod32 in terms of reliability, hardly use up any resources at all(since 2009) and catches pretty much everything. As long as you have an active subscription and disable the annoyance in the settings (like you should do in the other security suites as well, because they are also just as annoying when the subscription is about to end)

Doesn't get any less popular than that, especially here.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I like Corsair CX PSU's, I think that 4k is an unnecessary money pit, I don't mind playing games at 30fps, I own a gaming laptop and I don't like multi-monitor setups (for gaming).

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

Windows XP is good, only bad thing is Microsoft's a greedy bit*h and that's why there's no support and no DX 12.

Last good Intel CPU is the 2600/2700K(maybe 3770K), because everything after that is bad at overclocking.

Bulgarian, WoT nick- ivelinv8, War Thunder- BEST_NOOB_BG, GAMING PC: FX-4170; R9 280X TOXIC; 16 GB RAM; Fortron Raider 750W; Raidmax Helios case; WD Green 1TB. 50Mb/s + 50% bonus

The ps4 is a great gaming machine for the average player

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Again.. only in US... 550$ = 500 euro, i've spend 799 euro on my 980Ti, I could almost get two 295X2's.

Lowest price of the 295X2 was 650 euro I think.

That is technically 4-way crossfire. Not sure how that would perform.

Because AMD is obselete and not worth paying for with what they are offering CPU wise.

Intel makes the only CPU which you can justify paying for right now.

Last time I checked (mind you, it was a few months ago), AMD offered the better price/performance on a budget. Yet some people decide to totally discard them. Of course at the enthusiast grade, it makes no sense.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

Windows XP is good, only bad thing is Microsoft's a greedy bit*h and that's why there's no support and no DX 12.

Last good Intel CPU is the 2600/2700K(maybe 3770K), because everything after that is bad at overclocking.

There is a difference between "unpopular tech opinions" and "bullshit".

Why does a 4790K suck when people can overclock it to like 5.8Ghz?

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Last time I checked (mind you, it was a few months ago), AMD offered the better price/performance on a budget. Yet some people decide to totally discard them. Of course at the enthusiast grade, it makes no sense.

For CPUs, they aren't great. At a really low budget, the 860k and g3258 trade blows. At a slightly higher budget, an i3 beats a fx6300. At a medium budget, an i5 4440 beats an fx 8350. For a high budget, a 1231v3/4690k/4790k beats an fx9590. That is all assuming gaming though, AMD is better for some other things.

There is a difference between "unpopular tech opinions" and "bullshit".

Why does a 4790K suck when people can overclock it to like 5.8Ghz?

I assume you mean 4.8ghz. That is only with good cooling and pretty decent luck; normally you'll get less than that. Sandy bridge had a better average overclock, which is what he is saying.

For CPUs, they aren't great. At a really low budget, the 860k and g3258 trade blows. At a slightly higher budget, an i3 beats a fx6300. At a medium budget, an i5 4440 beats an fx 8350. For a high budget, a 1231v3/4690k/4790k beats an fx9590. That is all assuming gaming though, AMD is better for some other things.

I assume you mean 4.8ghz. That is only with good cooling and pretty decent luck; normally you'll get less than that. Sandy bridge had a better average overclock, which is what he is saying.

No it's not:

s6lb01.png

So with his logic, Intel should just have made the stock clock 3.0Ghz just so that the % of overclock could be higher.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Fan control is a high priority when planning a PC for myself.  :)

A lot of people leave out high quality fans in an expensive build. Crazy to see stock fans :P

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

Mine is, ssd's are a waste of money on $1500 USD budget

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com