Windows 10 has been, or will be downloaded today for those who reserved - Don't delete C:\$windows.~BT

GoodBytes

I just installed a 4 mb update along with new definitions for windows defender.

One of the updates was simply labeled update for windows 8.1 x64 bit operating system. No clue what the hell it was, just installed it. I even read the info page, which was extremely vague.

I want to hold off on my upgrade, not sure if i downloaded it yet.

CPU: i5 4670k | Motherboard: MSI B85I | Stock cooler | RAM: 8gb DDR3 RAM 1600mhz | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Superclocked w/ACX cooling | Storage: 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/ Window

I just installed a 4 mb update along with new definitions for windows defender.

One of the updates was simply labeled update for windows 8.1 x64 bit operating system. No clue what the hell it was, just installed it. I even read the info page, which was extremely vague.

I want to hold off on my upgrade, not sure if i downloaded it yet.

Probably to prepare for Win10 upgrade, so that it doesn't freak out and starts blocking things and you ended with a broken Win10, or failed upgrade.

10 hours

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

Could someone look at the MediaMeta.xml file in the hidden folder and check if your 

<taskguid>6a920***-9e**-****-***c-a****415e*7f</taskguid> Is the same?

The two i have checked have been the same. It would be weird if everyone's is the same though? Surley that would mean everyone could download the same one of a torrent or something?

5 Minutes :o

@Danny91 - No, it's not the same as yours.

Ask me anything.

5 Minutes :o

@Danny91 - No, it's not the same as yours.

Cool thats for looking. Can i ask what version your running? I'm currently running windows 8.1 Pro .. Is your current os different to that?

Cool thats for looking. Can i ask what version your running? I'm currently running windows 8.1 Pro .. Is your current os different to that?

Windows 8.1 Pro too.

Ask me anything.

I reserved mines months ago, but I'm not getting this folder. I have hidden files on too. Guess it has something to do with me switching motherboards.. 

When can we install it?

(what time and timezone)

It's already 29th of July in Romania.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Uhmm so it's 0:02am ... where's the update? xD

Ask me anything.

Could someone look at the MediaMeta.xml file in the hidden folder and check if your 
<taskguid>6a920***-9e**-****-***c-a****415e*7f</taskguid> Is the same?

The two i have checked have been the same. It would be weird if everyone's is the same though? Surley that would mean everyone could download the same one of a torrent or something?

The same.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

hello? Microsoft? it's midnight.. :( .. where's my update?

I guess I'll go to sleep now

#RIPWindows

Ask me anything.

hmm all I have in that folder is a folder called sources. Guess I won't be getting it today, or well tommorow :(

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Everyone that has it RESERVED and windows fully updated but it has not started downloading try this;

After seeing multiple people not having the folder containing windows 10 files, I tried something myself which resulted in the folder and preload becoming downloaded.

You will need it reserved, and check for updates before this.

In a Command Prompt window as administrator, type in "wuauclt.exe /updatenow" and if done correctly, the preload should start to download within 5 minutes.

Everyone that has it RESERVED and windows fully updated but it has not started downloading try this;

wait seriously?!

Taran should run for president!

Blank.. nothing. bam, not even "UPDATING" .. nothing. just blank DOS.

Ask me anything.

Blank.. nothing. bam, not even "UPDATING" .. nothing. just blank DOS.

You should not get a reply. Just check your folder in a couple of mins to see if it starts :)

source?

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I wonder if it will work if i try now.....clicking the installer.

nope doesn't work. You get an error.

does anybody on 7 has the files? every picture i look at has been on 8.1

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here