Post your Good Ghetto mods

using electrical tape instead of solder to connect wires together.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

My PSU was too small for my GPU upgrade, so I ran another small one just to power the GPU with the black/green power trigger pins shorted.

It actually was executed in a safe and purposeful way, but running to PSUs is silly.

PC wasn't ground, so I grabbed a copper wire and tied it to the fan-grill and then connected it to the radiator under my window.

Worked tho.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

eh hem... it's spelt ghetto ;):P

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

My gpu didn't line up properly with the pcie slot screw things (idk what they are called) so i ziptied it in...

Written on my Lenovo Z500 T - I5-3230M   Or

My pc :)

Pretty much all my cable management.

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

Took the front panel USB ports off a OEM machine and connected them to my PC via USB header. Let the USB ports hang out of the 3.5'' bay slot. Removed about a week later, it was just too ugly and I was worried about accidentally damaging the header.

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |

Let's make a thread about the getoist (is that even a word) things you have done tech related anything with tech being part of it works.

My getoist thing is once I wanted to buy a Bose speaker (for a gift) that cost 320$ and obviously I did not want to pay for the full price. So I asked if there was any discounts or if I could match the price , and there was nothing. Until one nice employee showed me that he could buy it for 180$ because he was a employee, and so I asked if I could buy it from him (outside the store) for 200$ and he said yes. So at 10:30pm I meet him in a gas station (just like a drug deal) and I gave him the cash and he gave me the speakers then we walked opposite ways to our cars and drove away

i have ikea led lighting in my pc, i pulled out a pci cover and disassembled the led hub to fit through the pci hole that i created, and now i have an extra powerplug coming out of my pc xD

note: the remote is hanging out of my 5,25" bay (just pulled the cover out)

There was a loose PSU in my parents computer so it made an large amount of sound so instead of getting new or good screws I tape and stuck it good. It somewhat worked until I got screws.

Your saying what I put here will be under my posts?

PC:Rosabell

What were u using electrical tape for

Instead of soldering the two end pieces of the wires together, I just twisted them together, and put electrical tape over it.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

This might not be the most ghetto, but my 2.1 speaker set broke almost right after I got it (factory defects), so whenever my friends come over; I plug in my 2nd headset into my microphone jack and used RealTek to basically use the microphone jack as a headphone jack. It works.

Black and green build, I call it "Murphy". - CPU: Intel i5 4690k at 3.5 GHz - GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X SOC Force - RAM: 8GB 1866 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro (gold) - PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 B2 - Storage: 240GB Corsair Force LE SSD & 1TB Western Digital Black HDD - Case: Corsair Carbide 300r - Lighting: 2 green Logisys LED sticks (currently removed)

I mounted a power supply in my brother's old computer using shoe string.

My monitor arm was to heave so it started to bend the desk so i put a cup mat under it lol

iDyII.jpg

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

I took the hard drive out of my laptop and mounted it to the 3.5" cage in my Source 210 with zip ties because it doesn't have proper 2.5" mounts.

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

i messed up the audio  ports on my old pc and had alot of my usb used so a usb audio plug adapter had clearence issues so i took the plastic off so it would fit

PC Specs AMD FX6300 8gb ddr3 Ram AMD 270x

I bought a Custom G5 mac pro computer, a PC built in a G5 case. a lot of hard work and such went into making it. Im using tape to hold the hard drive and SSD in place. 

I had a ancient IDE/PATA drive I needed to pull stuff off. I got a USB adapter for it, so I let the drive hang loosely in my case, connected it to my PSU's molex, and ran the USB cable out of the watercooling gromet on the back of the case and into the rear I/O. Not very ghetto, but the closest thing.

I also pulled out some old LEGOs and made a stand to hold my tablet over my head in bed so I could watch YouTube without even looking up in bed.

I've got a few... so I'll use a couple replies, but I have pictures for them all so that should make up for it.

The store I work in has a horrible door, the wind always blows it open when it gets windy, setting off the door chime, distracting me from my work....

Solution, old PC tower and some bubble wrap, best use I have found for a Pentium 4 machine since 2012

2014-02-06%2014.58.54.jpg

I might just be back after the last few years because Spez is an idiot and I'm making a point to start staying away from Reddit.

I was concerned about printing a banner to be used as a store menu, just wasn't something I had never done... So I decided to print it at 100% on regular letter size paper and tape it together to check readability and such.

Gave it to the client as a proof, they hung it up in their restaurant, it's been there ever since, they never had the banner produced. I saw it again yesterday and the paper has since yellowed except where the tape is.

2014-04-18%2014.02.56.jpg

I might just be back after the last few years because Spez is an idiot and I'm making a point to start staying away from Reddit.

Was fixing a laptop when the plastic screw mount that the screen is kept in place by, broke into pieces and was forced to super glue it back together. I stuck the screw into the still wet screw mount and the screw didn't only re-break the plastic mount, but got glued to a nut and the screen. I used tweezers, spanners, heatgun and evens a electric drill to get the screw off and Mc-Gyver me up a different screw mounting c: In the end, it looked like new... On the outside.