EVGA geforce GTX 970 Giveaway! presented by GrimNeo

GrimNeo

Best of luck all of you. I don't have a good reason to win but I hope someone with one does (but I also want to win :))

Hope the cancer was not a bad one. One I know got cancer but luckly that was not that bad and some other people at work also have had that type and got cured.

Wow, @GrimNeo! I thought you had some problems due to the scammer? Did you mess him up, get yours stuff back? xD By the way, you actually won first in my thread. Waiting for ya to PM me and pick what you want. hehehe

Sorry. Really busy at work today. I will look at your link again. Also I did not get my money back yet. 390x delayed untill further notice.

I remember reading your post and just thinking that I wouldn't even have had the courage to share this with this many people. Cancer is one of the worst things on this planet I can tell you, I just recently lost my grandma to it. Was glad to hear that your tests came back negative. 

Then on the giveaway, I'd like to win because my gtx 770 died like 4 days ago and I won't have the money to replace it for at least 2 months.

That's it, good luck to everyone else!

Sorry to hear about your loss. Best of luck.

man relax it was a joke

:D  :)  :(  :angry:  :mellow:  :ph34r:

ok lol.

@harrynowl did not get my money back yet :(. AMD 390x giveaway delayed untill further notice.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

yet you still do the giveaway :o

props to you :)

What are these magical things called giveaways?

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Good luck to everyone.

If I win this, I will finally be able to step up to a higher resolution monitor which I've been wanting to do for a few years now. It would be super awesome to be able to play games on a 3440x1440 and it would be great for movies.

Arc Midi R2 | Asus Maximus VII Hero | Intel i5 4690k | Asus GTX 970 Strix | Corsair H80 | Crucial M4 128gb | 8gb 1333 Mushkin Silverline | EVGA G2 750

Filko Ninja TKL Cherry MX Black | Mionix Naos | Fiio e10k | Edifier S330D | Sennheiser HD558 | Blue Snowball | Asus PA238QR | Samsung BX2250

I think I should win this card because I need a new PC and getting this GPU could help me get my PC sooner so I can join the PCMasterRace :D

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

I would love to win the card so i can finally build my first gaming pc and it will be a great upgrade cuz laptop gpu is getting old and sorta obsolete (650m)

Anyways thanks a lot @GrimNeo (you forgot to mention me)

My poor 1GB GTX560 is struggling running the only game I play currently which is GTA V & I fear I won't be able to play Fallout 4 in maxed out glory like I could with New Vegas & 3 also Skyrim to a lesser extent...

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

I have a friend who I am building a PC for and I would like to surprise him with this over a 750 ti. Just out of curiosity the card is EVGA right?

Edit: NVM I didn't read the post about the EVGA thing.

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

I'd like to say thank you for having this giveaway for the community, what a nice thing that you have done. Haven't seen anybody done something this generous so far. 

Not entering in because i hate Maxwell/GTX 970s.

Srs, my 270X is fine and anything above that will bottleneck my PC(8320). 

Best of luck to anyone entering in this giveaway.

Hope you'll like that GTX 970. 

I would like to enter because I would like to use it in my upcoming build. Man I wished i helped :( I didn't know about the thread. Thanks though for making a contest. You really deserve more :)

01101110 01101111 00100000 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100000 01101100 01101111 01110110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101

Main Rig: i7-4790K | Corsair H100i | Asus Z97 | 16GB Ripjaws | 4TB WD Black/512GB SSD | x2 R9 290x | NZXT H440 | HX1000i | 6 Noctuas   [spoiler=SILENT BUILD] Silent build: i5-4460, Be Quiet! Pure Rock, Asrock H97, 8GB HyperX, Samsung 850 Evo 500gb, MSI GTX 970, Be Quiet! Silent Base 800, EVGA Supernova GS 650w 

AMD CPU's. [spoiler=] thats right m8 get 420 no scoped 

Look, I'll be honest. I have an SSC 970. I would use yours from the giveaway, and sell mine to upgrade my CPU and Motherboard. Really tired of having a terrible FX-6300 paired with a 970. 33FPS average on Grand Theft Auto V is no fun. So, I would absolutely love to have it, but I know there are others who deserve it much more than I.

Look, I'll be honest. I have an SSC 970. I would use yours from the giveaway, and sell mine to upgrade my CPU and Motherboard. Really tired of having a terrible FX-6300 paired with a 970. 33FPS average on Grand Theft Auto V is no fun. So, I would absolutely love to have it, but I know there are others who deserve it much more than I.

You should have known before buying a Maxwell card paired with a Vishera CPU.......

Oh boy the old "reason why I deserve this" entry. Well, I don't deserve it; I don't have ANY reasons to deserve this. I'm just submitting my name and hoping that I am randomly picked. 

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

You should have known before buying a Maxwell card paired with a Vishera CPU.......

Old GPU died on me, and was using a 4-year-old backup (of the same card) from my brother. I needed a new card, and I didn't want to undershoot and get like a 270x. So I got a 970 for $310 from Best Buy. (EVGA SSC 970.) I was going to spend $350 and get a new i7 4790k + MSi z97s SLi Krait Edition board from Micro-Center, but then some financial woes showed up earlier this year and are yet to be resolved. Things around here are very tight, and we're not even living paycheck to paycheck right now. So... it will be awhile before I can do anything about that. Probably not until next year.

Old GPU died on me, and was using a 4-year-old backup (of the same card) from my brother. I needed a new card, and I didn't want to undershoot and get like a 270x. So I got a 970 for $310 from Best Buy. (EVGA SSC 970.) I was going to spend $350 and get a new i7 4790k + MSi z97s SLi Krait Edition board from Micro-Center, but then some financial woes showed up earlier this year and are yet to be resolved. Things around here are very tight, and we're not even living paycheck to paycheck right now. So... it will be awhile before I can do anything about that. Probably not until next year.

Locked i5+H81 board with Used 7970.......that costs around like 300.

rollin' 

I definitely deserve that 970, I'll leave the answer that shallow for now but I'll clarify in the PM if my number gets called  ;)

As with any giveaway, I'll give something else away if I happen to win. 

Locked i5+H81 board with Used 7970.......that costs around like 300.

A locked i5 isn't going to help me in the Adobe Suite.

A locked i5 isn't going to help me in the Adobe Suite.

Xeon......

Xeon......

Can we stop here? I feel this is going nowhere. I have my eyes set on an i7 4790k, and a z97 board. 

Wow really nice of you to do such a large giveaway. Cancer is not a fun thing, we think my mother might have it but she refuses to do any testing to see. Glad you don't have it.

On topic, I would as many others have said giveaway my old card to the forum (660 ti which runs pretty cool), it would be my last card before going though university. Got to love planning for a masters... 

Once again you're awesome for doing a giveaway like this.