Intel plans job cuts across the company, internal memo says and reduce R&D spending

jos

MSRP is always higher than market launch price by 30-$50. One needs only look through history to see that. The only time MSRP is accurate is for E5/E7 Xeons.

You are being irrational and demanding a feature that no one actually needs and would offer no value to Intel's sales pitch and thus no extra revenues while adding costs (Intel's drivers themselves have been entering shorter development cycles and released more often, and the bug reports have dried up compared to what used to be reported on a weekly basis unless there are twits trying to use features Intel's graphics do not support, something that can be very quickly looked up. Intel builds what the market demands. It's done that with awe-inducing speed ever since the athlon 64 days and the launch of Core 2. You giving them flack over it is proof you have 0 understanding of the market or customer needs. If even a large minority of the market wanted it, it would be made and released within a week.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_Core_i7_microprocessors#.22Haswell-DT.22_.28quad-core.2C_22_nm.29

http://ark.intel.com/products/80807/Intel-Core-i7-4790K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_40-GHz

History is still on my side sir. I do not know why you are spreading this misinformation, but it needs to come to an end already. You want to install an Nvidia driver without GFE? Just go to http://www.geforce.com/driversand do a manual install. It has always been this say since the inception of GFE. I only have GFE because i own the original Nvidia Shield handheld.

I never said you couldn't install drivers without GFE. I said you couldn't install the control panel without it, and while it's been a number of years since I've had to rebuild a windows system, the last time I had to grab it required I get GFE and then very carefully scalpel away GFE and burn it while leaving some phantom registry keys and such for the control panel to not bug out. If that has changed recently, good for Nvidia.

I can show you NCP without GFE right now, and it took no additional effort. The CP comes with the original standalone driver, not with GFE, and it was always like this. Not once was GFE required to get NCP. I've been up to date on GFE and Nvidia drivers in general, as i have been waiting for years for Nvidia to fix their issues with the Shield products, and they have failed to do so ever since last November. 

So far, i've provided all of the sufficient proof to support my claims against you. Now the burden of proof falls upon you. If you feel i am wrong in anything i have said, it is up to you to prove it. Now that i have cleansed the title of Fanboy from my name, ill descend back into my cave of Macho Man Randy Savage posters and Slim Jim commercials on VHS.  Let's not do this again.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

As for intel's highly advanced AA algorithms, find me games that actually utilize them. We see plenty of FXAA and MSAA titles on the market already. Hell, TXAA is starting to finally catch on too. 

I can not understand why you are emphasing better efficient AA as the most important in graphics card. It is true AA is a compute intense algorithm. But what if i thought of turning of AA and play game.The algorithms of AA are relatively simple mathematical equations.. The more important factor in AA is high parallel processing which will process it fast. I think at this end Cuda has an edge.

Without the stock holders (investors) Intel has far less money and far less value to the world. If the stockholders made a concerted effort to simply dump Intel's shares for $5 a piece on the market, Intel would evaporate overnight the way its dividends and required share purchasing margins work.

Then all listed company will cease to exists if shareholders collectively think so.. No one will do that.. Because every shareholder has to think.. i have lot of money and i hate it...

I can show you NCP without GFE right now, and it took no additional effort. The CP comes with the original standalone driver, not with GFE, and it was always like this. Not once was GFE required to get NCP. I've been up to date on GFE and Nvidia drivers in general, as i have been waiting for years for Nvidia to fix their issues with the Shield products, and they have failed to do so ever since last November. 

I had only installed GFE once.. felt it is a big boalt

I had only installed GFE once.. felt it is a big boalt

It is. It also constantly leverages your network connection, so on PC's with terrible internet connections, it could effect bandwidth. Only use it if you truly value ShadowPlay, or if you have a Shield product. I have tried countless times to find a way to pair my PC and my Shield without GFE, but there was no way. After looking over the files within GFE, the shield has to pair up through GFE in order to stream using the kepler H.264 encoder. If you don't use ShadowPlay, and do not own a Shield product, i would avoid it entirely.

Careful, Opcode will raise Hell over Samsung's expose' documents claiming 30% lower leakage current than Intel's process, despite the fact there is 0 proof from independent analysts of this.

I don't think I've ever stated GloFo will have lower leakage than Intel's process. A while ago we've learned about their 14nm LPP process which reduces leakage from their 28nm process by ~85%. I think that's the only thing I've capitalized on in regards to how horrible their 28nm process is even though it's much denser than TSMC's. According to their numbers and given parasitic capacitance they can tapeout same frequency chips at lower volts than Intel. One thing to take into consideration though is Intel's is a HP process and not an LP. If you're going to call someone out at least get your facts straight. I surf here regularly so it won't go unnoticed.

I don't think I've ever stated GloFo will have lower leakage than Intel's process. A while ago we've learned about their 14nm LPP process which reduces leakage from their 28nm process by ~85%. I think that's the only thing I've capitalized on in regards to how horrible their 28nm process is even though it's much denser than TSMC's. According to their numbers and given parasitic capacitance they can tapeout same frequency chips at lower volts than Intel. One thing to take into consideration though is Intel's is a HP process and not an LP. If you're going to call someone out at least get your facts straight. I surf here regularly so it won't go unnoticed.

Intel has multiple processes. Core M is on LP along with Atom and Quark. Xeon D and Avoton are on an intermediate, mainstream PC chips are on HP; and enthusiast chips, E5/E7 Xeons, and Xeon Phi are on SHP, hence the very different transistor/mm^2 densities you'll find for each line.

Also, you specifically qualified that 85% with "putting it theoretically lower based on papers X,Y,Z"

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_Core_i7_microprocessors#.22Haswell-DT.22_.28quad-core.2C_22_nm.29

http://ark.intel.com/products/80807/Intel-Core-i7-4790K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_40-GHz

History is still on my side sir. I do not know why you are spreading this misinformation, but it needs to come to an end already. You want to install an Nvidia driver without GFE? Just go to http://www.geforce.com/driversand do a manual install. It has always been this say since the inception of GFE. I only have GFE because i own the original Nvidia Shield handheld.

So far, i've provided all of the sufficient proof to support my claims against you. Now the burden of proof falls upon you. If you feel i am wrong in anything i have said, it is up to you to prove it. Now that i have cleansed the title of Fanboy from my name, ill descend back into my cave of Macho Man Randy Savage posters and Slim Jim commercials on VHS.  Let's not do this again.

OH FFS I never said you couldn't install a driver without GFE. I never claimed that and you will find no evidence that I did. Now, as for the control panel, the last time I did a ground-up Windows install, I had to get GFE to get the control panel. That was 3 years ago with a GTX 570. If such has changed, good for Nvidia. Is it so impossible to comprehend Nvidia's integration may not have been so fluid and complete 3 years ago?

Those release prices were the initial MSRPs, not the market prices from Newegg, NCIX, TigerDirect, etc..

You've provided no such proof. You've misunderstood your sources and misrepresented them. And no, no you haven't. You haven't been remotely rational or forthcoming in this debate.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

TOP. KEK.

The company that wants to hire more women (and LGBT?) is going to cut jobs.

Top. Fucking. Kek.

5204183+_8b3614bdb22bfb3eb2cd1b21fc15306

5204183+_8b3614bdb22bfb3eb2cd1b21fc15306

Shrek is love...

OH FFS I never said you couldn't install a driver without GFE. I never claimed that and you will find no evidence that I did. Now, as for the control panel, the last time I did a ground-up Windows install, I had to get GFE to get the control panel. That was 3 years ago with a GTX 570. If such has changed, good for Nvidia. Is it so impossible to comprehend Nvidia's integration may not have been so fluid and complete 3 years ago?

Those release prices were the initial MSRPs, not the market prices from Newegg, NCIX, TigerDirect, etc..

You've provided no such proof. You've misunderstood your sources and misrepresented them. And no, no you haven't. You haven't been remotely rational or forthcoming in this debate.

Sir, i am not your average idiot. You keep walking into this argument as if it has an outcome in your favor, but it does not. First of all, GFE came out in spring of 2013, not " 3 years ago"/ It was barely 2 years ago, if that. Now that we have that misinformation out of the way (misinformation that you really should stop spreading at this point). If you had to install GFE in order to get the Nvidia Control Panel, then clearly you made a mistake along the way. Nowhere on the internet will you find a post on any forum about GFE being tied to getting a working NCP. I recall the i7 4690k releasing for $340, and i know this for a fact. Anyone else on this forum that purchased that CPU within its first month of inception would also say its so. As i speak to you in this modern time, the 4790k is still listed at $340 ($350, with a $10 discount according to newegg) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117369&cm_re=i7-4790K-_-19-117-369-_-Product

Please, tell me more about how i have provided no proof in my previous posts. Face it patrick, you picked a fight with me when i was only being nice and civil with you. It backfired. The best course of action now is to admit you were wrong, and move on. Everyone makes mistakes, and you are no exception to the rule. Learn from it, and you will only grow stronger from here. If you are going to be petty and refuse to admit that you are wrong, then i will gladly make the both of us look like jackasses from here on out.

Sir, i am not your average idiot. You keep walking into this argument as if it has an outcome in your favor, but it does not. First of all, GFE came out in spring of 2013, not " 3 years ago"/ It was barely 2 years ago, if that. Now that we have that misinformation out of the way (misinformation that you really should stop spreading at this point). If you had to install GFE in order to get the Nvidia Control Panel, then clearly you made a mistake along the way. Nowhere on the internet will you find a post on any forum about GFE being tied to getting a working NCP. I recall the i7 4690k releasing for $340, and i know this for a fact. Anyone else on this forum that purchased that CPU within its first month of inception would also say its so. As i speak to you in this modern time, the 4790k is still listed at $340 ($350, with a $10 discount according to newegg) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117369&cm_re=i7-4790K-_-19-117-369-_-Product

Please, tell me more about how i have provided no proof in my previous posts. Face it patrick, you picked a fight with me when i was only being nice and civil with you. It backfired. The best course of action now is to admit you were wrong, and move on. Everyone makes mistakes, and you are no exception to the rule. Learn from it, and you will only grow stronger from here. If you are going to be petty and refuse to admit that you are wrong, then i will gladly make the both of us look like jackasses from here on out.

I've said this before and I shall again, I make mistakes as often as I shave, about once every 2 weeks, and that is not today. Now, the 4690K did not actually release for $340. It released for around $230. I know because I built my dad's computer based on the 4790K in January and we fought over that $100. Furthermore, the price of the 4790K rose $20 immediately upon release as it flew off the shelves. as a way for Newegg to skim a little more cream from the crop. 

Now, perhaps something was borked and perhaps you're wrong, but I remember spending at least 1 hour particularly trying to get the NCP after the initial install of the system. For all your arrogant posturing, things can and do wrong with any installation of any program. It's a statistical inevitability even if you had end to end parity checking and ECC from the disk to the RAM to the CPU and back.

Experience says you're full of crap. You have 0 proof of your claims other than you can lookup and see GFE was released in March of 2013, after I built my college rig. Fine, it wasn't GFE, but you know what? That doesn't change the fact I very specifically remember the NCP was not visible and not accessible upon immediate installation of Windows 7 the last time I built. Now, you can either continue making an ass of yourself despite the fact we could actually query the Newegg and PcPartPicker databases for historical pricing data and you'd find yourself without a leg to stand on, or you can quit derailing the thread. Your choice.

I've said this before and I shall again, I make mistakes as often as I shave, about once every 2 weeks, and that is not today. Now, the 4690K did not actually release for $340. It released for around $230. I know because I built my dad's computer based on the 4790K in January and we fought over that $100. Furthermore, the price of the 4790K rose $20 immediately upon release as it flew off the shelves. as a way for Newegg to skim a little more cream from the crop. 

Now, perhaps something was borked and perhaps you're wrong, but I remember spending at least 1 hour particularly trying to get the NCP after the initial install of the system. For all your arrogant posturing, things can and do wrong with any installation of any program. It's a statistical inevitability even if you had end to end parity checking and ECC from the disk to the RAM to the CPU and back.

Experience says you're full of crap. You have 0 proof of your claims other than you can lookup and see GFE was released in March of 2013, after I built my college rig. Fine, it wasn't GFE, but you know what? That doesn't change the fact I very specifically remember the NCP was not visible and not accessible upon immediate installation of Windows 7 the last time I built. Now, you can either continue making an ass of yourself despite the fact we could actually query the Newegg and PcPartPicker databases for historical pricing data and you'd find yourself without a leg to stand on, or you can quit derailing the thread. Your choice.

I made a mistake and said 4690k instead of 4790k (i still called it an i7, which details what i meant to say in the first place). However, ill call your bluff and check PCpartpicker. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/intel-cpu-bx80646i74790k?history_days=730

Huh, what do you know. The very first entry for newegg was $340. You call me arrogant, you are the only person looking down on anyone here. You are not above me, hell, you have not even taken the time to prepare your own evidence to use against me. Your only basis on GFE is your own personal experience from 3 years ago, yet you speak about it as if it is still a solid fact in 2015. Stop pretending to be some professional, you are still making rookie mistakes. 

Face it, you started a fight you could not, and still can't win. I do not speak unless i am certain of something. You would be better off if you learned to do the same. I did not derail this thread BTW, i merely explained why a GTX 950 would not, and should not exist (something that should be understood by someone like you, with infinite insight on all things in the computing realm). I angered you by saying something that is a known fact amongst anyone that has tried to game on an onboard intel GPU. The graphics control panel is limited, and offers little customization to better improve certain aspects of games. A good example would be the original port of Dark Souls on PC. Using Nvidia Inspector, one could enable AO and even provide far better sources of AA that was not present within the game itself.

God forbid someone mention a slight disadvantage of Intel, lest they feel the wrath of Intel's lone defender, Patrick Proctor. 

I made a mistake and said 4690k instead of 4790k (i still called it an i7, which details what i meant to say in the first place). However, ill call your bluff and check PCpartpicker. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/intel-cpu-bx80646i74790k?history_days=730

Huh, what do you know. The very first entry for newegg was $340. You call me arrogant, you are the only person looking down on anyone here. You are not above me, hell, you have not even taken the time to prepare your own evidence to use against me. Your only basis on GFE is your own personal experience from 3 years ago, yet you speak about it as if it is still a solid fact in 2015. Stop pretending to be some professional, you are still making rookie mistakes. 

Face it, you started a fight you could not, and still can't win. I do not speak unless i am certain of something. You would be better off if you learned to do the same. I did not derail this thread BTW, i merely explained why a GTX 950 would not, and should not exist (something that should be understood by someone like you, with infinite insight on all things in the computing realm). I angered you by saying something that is a known fact amongst anyone that has tried to game on an onboard intel GPU. The graphics control panel is limited, and offers little customization to better improve certain aspects of games. A good example would be the original port of Dark Souls on PC. Using Nvidia Inspector, one could enable AO and even provide far better sources of AA that was not present within the game itself.

God forbid someone mention a slight disadvantage of Intel, lest they feel the wrath of Intel's lone defender, Patrick Proctor. 

The history days function is proven to not work. It's an error on the backend interface. Go ahead, try every single day, including 1, -3, etc.. (though it's only just a year old, so really, 720 days ago?). It only tells you today's pricing. Query the database directly. SQL's not that hard. I get daily and weekly updates. The 4790K's price has oscillated and dropped a decent amount.

You seem to be the only one under the delusion I've lost. The fight's still on, and it's 3-1 me against you so far.

Yes, but Intel has no need to provide its users a more advanced panel. It's pointless right now. Intel will make it when it's needed. In the meantime, its programmers are tuning more coding libraries and the Intel C/C++ compiler.

Now, be a gentlemen and quit derailing.

The history days function is proven to not work. It's on the backend interface. Go ahead, try every single day, including 1, -3, etc.. (though it's only just a year old, so really, 720 days ago?). It only tells you today's pricing. Query the database directly. SQL's not that hard. I get daily and weekly updates. The 4790K's price has oscillated and dropped a decent amount.

You seem to be the only one under the delusion I've lost. The fight's still on, and it's 3-1 me against you so far.

I don't understand why you still try to debate this. Even articles from the 4790k's release date show it launched at $340-$350 depending on retailer. Intel's site still lists MSRP at $350, Newegg has it listed at $350-$10=$340 to this very date. The point i made was that Intel's MSRP is an accurate representation of market value, and that the broadwell chips will launch at the MSRP price, just like they did in the past. My point regarding a cheap h81 board, i3, and 750 Ti still holds up as a much better competitor to the i5 5675C. You mentioned a scenario where core count will be the limiting factor, but i still see i3's doing impressive things on the latest and greatest AAA titles. Who would have thought that HTT actually helps enough to play "quad core only" games? 

Now that i've made my point, care to throw in the towel? There really is no point in going on.

I don't understand why you still try to debate this. Even articles from the 4790k's release date show it launched at $340-$350 depending on retailer. Intel's site still lists MSRP at $350, Newegg has it listed at $350-$10=$340 to this very date. The point i made was that Intel's MSRP is an accurate representation of market value, and that the broadwell chips will launch at the MSRP price, just like they did in the past. My point regarding a cheap h81 board, i3, and 750 Ti still holds up as a much better competitor to the i5 5675C. You mentioned a scenario where core count will be the limiting factor, but i still see i3's doing impressive things on the latest and greatest AAA titles. Who would have thought that HTT actually helps enough to play "quad core only" games? 

Now that i've made my point, care to throw in the towel? There really is no point in going on.

Every article you can quote will give you either Intel's MSRP or maybe Best Buy. For big online retailers, Amazon launched it at $320. I know because I bought one that day for a friend. MSRP is an estimate made by Intel that doesn't ever adjust. I don't think any of its chips' MSRP has ever changed to reflect market trends actually. The DC chips have gone up in price due to the initial craze and now due to low inventory.

No chip in very recent (4 years give or take) history has launched at or above MSRP for any of the big e-tailers. Mwave, best buy, and biiz do not count.

HT will allow you to play, but you're playing with 2.5 real cores. As the frame rates go up you'll get a CPU bottleneck, especially if you crank up the AI. I'd never recommend anyone less than a quad core right now with at least 3.3 GHz based solely on the fact more threads are being used and used inefficiently. At 720p that I3 will choke a number of games. 1080p probably not because the GPU will be the issue.

For me there is: ensure your misinformation isn't listened to. I don't know why you keep swinging though.

Every article you can quote will give you either Intel's MSRP or maybe Best Buy. For big online retailers, Amazon launched it at $320. I know because I bought one that day for a friend. MSRP is an estimate made by Intel that doesn't ever adjust. I don't think any of its chips' MSRP has ever changed to reflect market trends actually. The DC chips have gone up in price due to the initial craze and now due to low inventory.

No chip in very recent (4 years give or take) history has launched at or above MSRP for any of the big e-tailers. Mwave, best buy, and biiz do not count.

HT will allow you to play, but you're playing with 2.5 real cores. As the frame rates go up you'll get a CPU bottleneck, especially if you crank up the AI.

For me there is: ensure your misinformation isn't listened to. I don't know why you keep swinging though.

So you lack solid proof, other than your words? I've been the only one so far to provide 3rd party sources. Ball is still in your court sir, and you have yet to even score. Right now, its your memory against mine. I remember the 4790k launching at $340 on most online retailers. Show me where it was cheaper on launch, and ill back down on that point. Until then, its up to you to dig yourself out of the mess you put yourself in. 

Geforce Experience is bloatware. 

lol i agree 100% geforce experience is so annoying. just let me update when i want to. dont pop up randomly and block my ammo indicator in cs go and make me run out of bullets

So you lack solid proof, other than your words? I've been the only one so far to provide 3rd party sources. Ball is still in your court sir, and you have yet to even score. Right now, its your memory against mine. I remember the 4790k launching at $340 on most online retailers. Show me where it was cheaper on launch, and ill back down on that point. Until then, its up to you to dig yourself out of the mess you put yourself in. 

I have plenty. You're the one who can't find a single launch announcement with a price that specifically is not quoting the MSRP. To prove me wrong you must provide one. You haven't. The thing of it is one needs only look at the sources you've provided to see that I'm right. 

This is the difference in intellectual level between us. I can turn the table using sources you quote without having to provide new ones. Turnabout's fair game. And it isn't my memory against yours or your sources, because you've provided none which prove me wrong, which would involve disproving strong inductive reasoning (a valid proof technique both in mathematics and in informal logic aka debate) which disproved your original claim. You tried to use a function of the pcpartpicker site with an invalid day (first and most egregious mistake) that according to the developers and the community does not properly work (second mistake). We're still back at square three, or your turn. You see, you can throw the ball, but if it lands on your side of the line, it's still yours. Should I set down my racket while you practice, or would you like to do the right thing and stop derailing the thread?

I have plenty. You're the one who can't find a single launch announcement with a price that specifically is not quoting the MSRP. To prove me wrong you must provide one. You haven't. The thing of it is one needs only look at the sources you've provided to see that I'm right. 

This is the difference in intellectual level between us. I can turn the table using sources you quote without having to provide new ones. Turnabout's fair game. And it isn't my memory against yours or your sources, because you've provided none which prove me wrong. You tried to use a function of the pcpartpicker site with an invalid day (first and most egregious mistake) that according to the developers and the community does not properly work (second mistake). You see, you can throw the ball, but if it lands on your side of the line, it's still yours. Should I set down my racket while you practice?

Alright sir, lets dance. 

http://www.overclockers.com/intel-i7-4790k-devils-canyon-cpu-review/

Look at the date of the article.  June 12th. Huh, same date as the launch. Read the article. 

The Intel i7 4790K has probably taken this generation of CPUs about as far as they can go. The out-of-box 500 MHz speed increase is quite impressive in its own right. Being able to run faster at cooler temperatures alone makes this Devil’s Canyon CPU well worth the price of admission. Speaking of price, Intel has made this CPU available for the same cost of the i7 4770K ($339 at Newegg). A faster CPU that runs significantly cooler makes the choice between the two a no-brainer. You’ll have to wait a couple more weeks before the i7 4790K ships to customers, but it can be pre-ordered by following the Newegg link.

It launched at the EXACT price listed as Intel's TRAY price on their own website http://ark.intel.com/products/80807/Intel-Core-i7-4790K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_40-GHz.

Keep on rambling on about how i provide no proof, or how articles only list MSRP. That article clearly made the correlation between the price of the 4790k being the same price as the 4770k. That was even a pre-order link. You yourself mentioned newegg lowering the price before others to get an early headstart on sales. Clearly they did not. The difference in intelligence between us is vast. You may be of higher education than me, but you fail to convey intelligence on the level that I am capable of. All of that knowledge gets you nowhere when you cant even articulate your own points without causing more problems for yourself.

Though, i should anticipate that you would say "that shows nothing of the real price, i need more proof!". Here are posts from a forum regarding the pricing of the 4790k and the official release date. http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2145172/4770k-4790k.html#13570142 

Toddskins said:

Pre-order the 4790k chip at Micro Center right now for $280.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/434211/Core_i7-4790K...

Microcenter's site says in-store only and when I click on the CA store, it says out of stock. 

Newegg updated their release date for i7-4790k, to 6-26-14, from 6-25-14. So if you live close to Microcenter and can find one in stock, you can save up to $60; wish we had a Microcenter in No. CA.

Save up to $60... $280 + $60 = $340. I shouldn't have to be teaching you basic math Patrick, this is starting to become disappointing for me. A man with your intelligence should be putting up a better fight than this. You are right about one thing. I am very arrogant once i start beating someone down to the level you are currently at. Call it a character flaw. Though, you did bring it out of me, so i do thank you for that. Let me know if you need anymore evidence babe, i am happy to comply.

-snip-

single 4U rack

-snip-

Keep in mind that your talking about compute power/cm3 so you should look into blades.

While you are correct with this point, the actual numbers are much higher.

Alright sir, lets dance. 

http://www.overclockers.com/intel-i7-4790k-devils-canyon-cpu-review/

Look at the date of the article.  June 12th. Huh, same date as the launch. Read the article. 

It launched at the EXACT price listed as Intel's TRAY price on their own website http://ark.intel.com/products/80807/Intel-Core-i7-4790K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_40-GHz.

Keep on rambling on about how i provide no proof, or how articles only list MSRP. That article clearly made the correlation between the price of the 4790k being the same price as the 4770k. That was even a pre-order link. You yourself mentioned newegg lowering the price before others to get an early headstart on sales. Clearly they did not. The difference in intelligence between us is vast. You may be of higher education than me, but you fail to convey intelligence on the level that I am capable of. All of that knowledge gets you nowhere when you cant even articulate your own points without causing more problems for yourself.

Though, i should anticipate that you would say "that shows nothing of the real price, i need more proof!". Here are posts from a forum regarding the pricing of the 4790k and the official release date. http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2145172/4770k-4790k.html#13570142 

Save up to $60... $280 + $60 = $340. I shouldn't have to be teaching you basic math Patrick, this is starting to become disappointing for me. A man with your intelligence should be putting up a better fight than this. You are right about one thing. I am very arrogant once i start beating someone down to the level you are currently at. Call it a character flaw. Though, you did bring it out of me, so i do thank you for that. Let me know if you need anymore evidence babe, i am happy to comply.

I bought it from Amazon for $320, and I still have the receipt for tax purposes. You still have no point. The MSRP is not a concrete decider of price. Whether or not vendors follow it, much like AMD and Nvidia whose MSRP doesn't tend to line up perfectly with the market. It's merely an estimate of what Intel thinks retailers can sell it for. Retailers will then price what they believe they can while remaining competitive. I don't even know why you're pursuing this particular avenue of discourse. It's pointless.

The articles you had provided only gave the MSRP up until now. I was correct when I said it, and time passed and the state changed. Now does that make me wrong? I think not. I also never claimed Newegg lowered their prices at the outset. Amazon did that and captured the lion's share of day 1 sales, including my purchase.

My intelligence has net me an internship with IBM to the tune of $18,400. You're the one out-foxed and you have yet to realize it. I'm toying with you and laughing hysterically at your expense.

The TH article only contains guesses and Intel's suggested pricing. Seriously is this the best you can do?

When did I dispute anyone's math?

You're losing it.

I bought it from Amazon for $320, and I still have the receipt for tax purposes. You still have no point. The MSRP is not a concrete decider of price. Whether or not vendors follow it, much like AMD and Nvidia whose MSRP doesn't tend to line up perfectly with the market. It's merely an estimate of what Intel thinks retailers can sell it for. Retailers will then price what they believe they can while remaining competitive. I don't even know why you're pursuing this particular avenue of discourse. It's pointless.

The articles you had provided only gave the MSRP up until now. I was correct when I said it, and time passed and the state changed. Now does that make me wrong? I think not. I also never claimed Newegg lowered their prices at the outset. Amazon did that and captured the lion's share of day 1 sales, including my purchase.

My intelligence has net me an internship with IBM to the tune of $18,400. You're the one out-foxed and you have yet to realize it. I'm toying with you and laughing hysterically at your expense.

The TH article only contains guesses and Intel's suggested pricing. Seriously is this the best you can do?

When did I dispute anyone's math?

You're losing it.

Wait, you had proof of your purchase on launch date this entire time, and have neglected to post it? Come on man, whip that receipt out! It would end this immediately with you achieving total victory. Though, i doubt you can produce one, which is why we have not seen it yet, right? If you do have one, just hide the personal info, make sure the date, parts, and pricing is clear, and ill surrender my point. Until then, its still entirely on you. 

I wish IBM would pay me $18,400 to get the real engineers coffee everyday, 

Keep in mind that your talking about compute power/cm3 so you should look into blades.

While you are correct with this point, the actual numbers are much higher.

No one uses blades in the really big environments. They don't cool well enough and the power required to drive the fans is stupid high. Google did away with them, as did Amazon, Microsoft, and IBM. Blade servers are for all intents and purposes dead until reimagined. Blade servers are useful for 2 things: dense data storage, and pure CPU supercomputing. If you use a blade server like a cluster or dense server you will be introducing huge amounts of latency by increasing the node count and overcomplicating your network topology which will add not only to expense but to overhead. Blade servers are practically useless for modern system design, at least until we get Knight's Landing. Maybe then the extra long boards can fit 8-10 of them in a single node, which then gives it a density advantage, but I'd still argue for rack systems for any heavy duty computing.

You can't fit a pair of 8-socket boards into a blade along with 8 2-PCIe slot accelerators, even if you narrowed them to 1 slot with flat-form liquid cooling and specialized flat-pipe compatible blocks. 4U rack is the smallest form factor you could fit that in at the present time. 

Wait, you had proof of your purchase on launch date this entire time, and have neglected to post it? Come on man, whip that receipt out! It would end this immediately with you achieving total victory. Though, i doubt you can produce one, which is why we have not seen it yet, right? If you do have one, just hide the personal info, make sure the date, parts, and pricing is clear, and ill surrender my point. Until then, its still entirely on you. 

I wish IBM would pay me $18,400 to get the real engineers coffee everyday, 

I didn't say it was on my person. I'm currently at Global Labs in Austin, Texas. My tax documentation is back in Ohio. Don't put words in my mouth. Having something in possession and having something in ownership are two different things.

I don't get the coffee unless I offer it. We have the freshman and sophomore interns for that. I have real HPC and system design experience. I'm far more valuable than the $4000 grocery runners.