Scrapyard Wars Episode 2 - The Scrappening

i always laugh at your Canadian money. how does that Australian developed money feel

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

Yeah I was like $50 for a used part?  Then I checked how much a brand new one costs for my Accord and it's $100...so yeah wouldn't have paid more than $20.

What year accord? I can pick up a 90-98 for $16 and newer would be $23

How much will a radiator that size usually cost?

Depends on where you go. I've bought new ones for as cheap as $6 and highest I paid was for my newer car at $43

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

So I've been screaming "heater core!" at the screen for 2 episodes...and luke actually got one...nice 

My local scrap yard sells them for like 15$, radiators for like 39$

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

How the hell is he going to get the sugar out after he does the bends?

Water, oil or brake oil etc. Stuff used in hydralic brake system - the liquid is uncompressable.

Couldn't Linus fill that copper tube with water and seal it off on both sides then bend it?

How much will a radiator that size usually cost?

Some guy on Vessel says he's a shop owner and says those cores get recycled at $5 a pop. I would have guessed those could even be free if you pay my local junkyard $15 entrance fee and peck at whatever you want. #topKekScamTips

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Did you return that pen when you walked out the metal store?

Watched part b yesterday morning. Very good! Really like this series. I hope it's something you continue to do!

Oh yeah.. I always get a kick out of Canadian money. It's so monopoly like but still very cool at the same time. lol

Last Scrappening video is awesome ! (2c)

Tree climbing mad skills :D

You're guys editing gets better and better. Who was it?

I'm going to guess Ed.

I'm super interested to see how well you guys are able to cool these PCs without the off the shelf water cooling parts.  Just show me the loops!  lolz.  Really enjoying this series and can't wait to see the finale. 

Your avatar, sir, is hilarious :)

Thanks.  lolz.  Gotta love the "can it hold up to Luke's shaking" test.  lolz.

I'm going to guess Ed.

i should of rephrased it. The voice at the end, and the one that says the scrapining

It would be great to see some case modding

Everyone should just get along.  Agree to disagree about whether its a good thing or a bad thing.  In the end we get a Linus video to watch that is entertaining regardless......

I agree with Agreeing to Disagree but that statement is not needed here (could be more useful if you communicate that to International Relations Parties). I still think he/we and everyone atleast on this thread were and are getting along. That poster stated something very obvious and it's not uncommon for a good video to get some dislikes due to viewer's perspective.

But the premise to respect someone and what they produce purely because it cost them money to produce it is fundamentally flawed. I have worked for a company that produced things designed in a way that the goods had no other use and could only cause harm to humanity. I am not sure if your premise is sound (strawman detected). Linus is a smart guy - but he has been wrong on several occassions and he takes his community very seriously and relies on them to think critically to provide feedback.

OP was merely sharing his sentiment of dislikeness. He never said anything more than that so how you were able to connect that to disrespecting the work produced or him not agreeing to disagree, is beyond me.

Cheers.

:)

i should of rephrased it. The voice at the end, and the one that says the scrapining

Oh.  My best bet would be Nick.  ;)

What is the name of the song when Linus starts to straighten out the copper tubing in part c?

If you want my attention, quote my post or I will not see it. I ignore builds that do not use PCPartPicker.

If I have solved/answered your question, please press "mark solved" to make it easier for the rest of the community find the answer

keen for episode 3 in the series to come out today... oh wait it would still be saturday over there... :huh:

He was going a max of 35 mph.  Plus his eyes were only looking at the phone for maybe a second before looking back up to see in front of him.  I'm not saying it was smart, but I wouldn't classify his action as dangerous to others around him.

one second makes all the difference. Stopping exactly a few seconds earlier can increase stopping distance allowing all the force to dissipate.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

where is the new episode? 

you put episode 3 on vessel. but that should have been last week's episode for vessel right? 
essentially vessel should be airing episode 4 today. and youtube should have ep 3? 

You are building oil-submerged systems, storage arrays with 36 ssd's, you are messing with sockets and cooling of dual 18 core xeons, you are building a whole room water cooling in an office you will leave...

But when you make a video about something we can actually use or do ourselves, you put it on a paid channel because creating a scrapyard wars about 300 USD computers is too expensive??

the best post EVER! 

I must admit I do understand now (paid channel). All vids are released 1 week later on YouTube. And if youre lucky you even find Pirated ones. Not that bad at all. Smart.

I guess I was comparing this to channels like angry video game nerd. Or I was thinking it is just so much fun too make this vids: you guys should do it in weekends for free. You don't pay employees for doing team building contest activities during weekend :P

I like how the naming gets more and more confusing.... I mean, i can live with "2a, 2b, 2c" but that now it's "part 1 = first video, part 2-1 = 2nd video, part 2-2 = 3rd video"

Did you hire the guy who named AMD's cards to name your videos?? LOL