New Noctua making NOISE & TICKING

Kev1

Hi,

I just get my 2 new NF-A14 PWM, I plug them in my system and test their rpm at different % with Fan Xpert +. I realize that both of the fan are making noise from the bearing or the motor (not the blade) It is very strange because my default fan in my Antec 900 where making less noise at sub 900 rpm than my new noctua the desine of the blade and the frame is good because I managed to isolate the specific sound with my shotgun mic that fill my quiet room and it is exactly at the center

when I move around the blade you can hear the wind splashing in the mic but this is not the sound who annoy me because you can only hear wind when it splash into your hear/mic

for the entire test the mic was at the center of the fan to escape the wind turbulence and just hear the motor or bearing noise except at the end when I said "when I pass over the blade.

at under 400 rpm I have a tick tick tick and when I go above that the tick is gone, but after that I get a whoombling noise that the mic have difficulty to hear, but when I increase the rpm the mic hear it a similar whombling that is pretty close. the whoombling periodic... approximately at every 1-2 second

I want to know it's a normal noise which all nf-a14 pwm make or I just get 2 bad fan from a bad batch?

the recording is at this link:

https://soundcloud.com/kevenbastien123/noctua-nf-a14-pwm-noise

EDIT: I managed to get the whoombling in the microphone check the 5s recording at this link 

https://soundcloud.com/kevenbastien123/noctua-nf-a14-pwm-whoombling

post-112655-0-73966700-1432873455_thumb.

post-112655-0-66447300-1432873458_thumb.

CPU; i5 3570k | Motherboard; Asus P8z77 V-LK | RAM; 16GB (2x8GB) G. Skill ripjaws 1600 | GPU; AMD Readon 7850 2GB | Case; Fractal Design Define R5 | Storage; 1x OCZ Vertex 3 Series 120GB; 1x  Seagate Barracuda 1TB; 1x WD Green 3TB | PSU; SeaSonic 520W 80 PLUS PLATINUM Fanless | Cooling; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO with LTT NF-F12 pwm  | Operating System; Windows 7 Ultimate |

Rma

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

if its only that one fan then its defective for sure

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Check if the wires are catching the fan blades.

no wire are touching the blade this is the first thing I check ;)

if its only that one fan then its defective for sure

sadly it's both that do the same think

CPU; i5 3570k | Motherboard; Asus P8z77 V-LK | RAM; 16GB (2x8GB) G. Skill ripjaws 1600 | GPU; AMD Readon 7850 2GB | Case; Fractal Design Define R5 | Storage; 1x OCZ Vertex 3 Series 120GB; 1x  Seagate Barracuda 1TB; 1x WD Green 3TB | PSU; SeaSonic 520W 80 PLUS PLATINUM Fanless | Cooling; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO with LTT NF-F12 pwm  | Operating System; Windows 7 Ultimate |

Dismount it from you case and check the fan by holding it in your hands while it is spinning, you shouldn't be able to notice any abnormal rattling sounds nor vibrations.

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

Dismount it from you case and check the fan by holding it in your hands while it is spinning, you shouldn't be able to notice any abnormal rattling sounds nor vibrations.

I didn't say in the first post, but it make the same noise when the fan is holding by itself not touching the case and when I take in my hand they vibrate a lot for a premium fan

I didn't say in the first post, but it make the same noise when the fan is holding by itself not touching the case and when I take in my hand they vibrate a lot for a premium fan

Then it's defective, return/rma it.

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

Then it's defective, return/rma it.

do you think it's a batch from the manufacturer that have this problem since both of mine have this problem or it's more bad luck. because if it's a batch problem ncix has received only 5 noctua since they are out of stock so when they ship my 2 they are left with only 3 fan so there have a high chance that it's from the same batch????

do you think it's a batch from the manufacturer that have this problem since both of mine have this problem or it's more bad luck. because if it's a batch problem ncix has received only 5 noctua since they are out of stock so when they ship my 2 they are left with only 3 fan so there have a high chance that it's from the same batch????

Itls hard to say, maybe contact Noctua and tell them you have 2 bad fans from the same supplier. I'm sure they will be happy to replace them. My one experience with Noctua was great and it turned out not to even be a faulty fan.

Yeah mine had the same noise and i returned them. Mine started making that noise after i plugged them into a 4pin for the first time. 

dont know why it happened 

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883