This is an eye opener how even a very open front panel can obstruct ALL AIRFLOW to a case

nunya bus

So I was looking around for 750D reviews as I was about to buy one. When I came across this. it opened my eyes about buying fans, and understanding airflow and pressure. you will be left like being told your religion was a hack or not real. you will be that perplexed. 
Its in German, but the actions and video are what matters

Yep.

That's why I have a weird fan setup in my R4.

So what im getting from this is that fans blow out candles.

Lol.

So essentially what it's showing is that those fans aren't pulling in air like it could without the panel on the front. So lost potential in airflow.

So I was looking around for 750D reviews as I was about to buy one. When I came across this. it opened my eyes about buying fans, and understanding airflow and pressure. you will be left like being told your religion was a hack or not real. you will be that perplexed. 

Its in German, but the actions and video are what matters

lol you dumb or what. the 750d front panel is allmost close. there is no way air is passing through that.

wich is part of why I choose a 450d

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

So what im getting from this is that fans blow out candles.

when the front panel is on not enough air is going into the case. Blow the candle out, when he removes it the candle goes out instantly.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

how is that a very open front panel?

and where did you get the "BLOCKS ALL AIRFLOW" part from? Because thats not true

just because it doesnt blow out a candle does not mean there is no airflow

it just means less

Which is why candles are not used for a measure of airflow in cases

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

this would be a measure of the air pressure and velocity at the point of the candle not the actual air flow :D

not saying the panel has no effect, just this is a retarded testing method

I like the tests that NCIX have done with their fog machine, that more or less is the best representation of how air flow works in a case without actual numbers.

It should be common sense that any physical obstruction will restrict flow of fluids. If you didn't know this, you might be retarded. 

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

test bench ftw

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Uh..... The 750D doesn't have a "very open front panel".... You have a giant plate covering the fans, forcing them to draw all their air in through the thin gap on the sides. If you want to see a "very open front panel", look at something like the Cooler Master HAF series.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Jeez so many single people in this thread. and it shows why. frigging arseholes. 
To the guys that replied like Human beings. It was just an interesting test. 
I also have a 2 120mm fans at the bottom without restriction. so the flow is great. those 140mm fans on the front are essentially a waste of space. and cash if you replace with Noctua's ect. unless you put mesh on the front like the 450D. infact im trying to swap this over to 450D now as it has better airflow .

I've removed the 140mm's and ill keep them for when I get my NZXT kraken and 980 water cooled or Fiji water cooled. and see which ones work. 

I have the 350D which is just a smaller version of the 750D. While the front plate does cover up alot of potential for the fans to suck up more air, I have only noticed maybe 3-5C difference in temps when I have the front plate off and on. I do have NF-A14's in the front, so that might be why there isn't much of a difference.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

Yep.

That's why I have a weird fan setup in my R4.

what do you mean. In my 750D. I removed the 2 X 140mm that is on the front. 

I installed 2X 120mm in the bottom where the HDD cages were. and also my rear fan is an intake as well. and all the air goes out the top without any fans. 

That is my setup. 

what do you mean. In my 750D. I removed the 2 X 140mm that is on the front. 

I installed 2X 120mm in the bottom where the HDD cages were. and also my rear fan is an intake as well. and all the air goes out the top without any fans. 

That is my setup. 

That's pretty much how mine is.

I'm too afraid to run benchmarks and check temperatures with my front panel off in my H440... because I'll probably cry about the temperature difference.

But it's so pwetttyyyyy. Anyway it's been long since known that almost any case benefits quite a lot from a removed front panel but yeah... 

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice