[U.S] PNY CS2111 480GB SSD $99.99

mvitkun

The PNY CS2111 480GB SSD is on sale for only $100, and it includes 8GB of RAM, according to the newegg promo newsletter.

wy8XlRb.png

Currently the actual page says the cost is $179.99 and the ram bundled with it is only 4GB.

So we can only wait and hope that Newegg delivers on this deal.

According to a poster on SlickDeals Newegg chat told him they couldn't give a definitive answer but to check back on the product page at 7-10AM PST.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Wait so how do you get it for 100$?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Wait so how do you get it for 100$?

Like I said in the post.

Currently the actual page says the cost is $179.99 and the ram bundled with it is only 4GB.

According to a poster on SlickDeals Newegg chat told him they couldn't give a definitive answer but to check back on the product page at 7-10AM PST.
Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

Like I said in the post.

ah ok.

Ill ready my wallet, and check back

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Whether it is a misprint or real, keep refreshing the tab every minute so you don't hate yourself when this thing actually sells out for $99 :D

junker build in the making

I got a GTX 580 for $96 on eBay, be a little patient and wait for something else

1. How is a GPU relevant?
  2. I don't think that 580 was a good deal :P 

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

I got a GTX 580 for $96 on eBay, be a little patient and wait for something else

You think $99.99 will become common place for 480GB SSDs within the next few months?

Linus Sebastian said:

You think $99.99 will become common place for 480GB SSDs within the next few months?

Absolutely. With the way SSD prices have been falling over the past year, I do think $100-$140 for 500GB is going to happen more frequently. This is a really stellar deal for right now though. The extra 4GB of RAM is a nice extra as well. This is an extraordinary deal if it comes to fruition.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

1. How is a GPU relevant?
  2. I don't think that 580 was a good deal :P

lmao sorry, just woke up and the mind is playing tricks on me.

junker build in the making

This is why I always check newegg in the mornings.  I'd buy 2 since thats the limit... if it wasnt 180$ (hopefully they drop it but ill be on mobile by then) :(  seems like I see prices higher than advertised on newegg fairly regularly (mobile being even worse)

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

Absolutely. With the way SSD prices have been falling over the past year, I do think $100-$140 for 500GB is going to happen more frequently. This is a really stellar deal for right now though. The extra 4GB of RAM is a nice extra as well. This is an extraordinary deal if it comes to fruition.

I think we won't see another deal like this before a major holiday to be honest.

And even then it'll probably be a drive not much more popular than this one.

Linus Sebastian said:

The PNY CS2111 480GB SSD is on sale for only $100, and it includes 8GB of RAM, according to the newegg promo newsletter.

wy8XlRb.png

Defiantly getting that, I will not miss a beat, thats basically a steal right there waiting and including 8GB Of free memory!

MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 5 CPU: INTEL G4400 CASE: DIYPC-SOLO-T1-R 

HDD: 160GB SEAGATE SSD: 128GB SAMSUNG PRO 850

POWER SUPPLY: 550W ANTEC

Sold out already, even before price drop...  :(

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

amazed just got a call from newegg, and they honored the price but with only the 4 gig stick of ram for free  but hey $99 for a 480gb and 4 gig ram, cant go wrong.  They did limit it to 1 but I am happy, now just got to find out what to do with them

Dave

This is basically the same as the Kingston V300 SSDs, with the bait and switch.

Sure, it's only 100 bucks, but it's really not a great SSD. I'd still rather get a several TB SSD instead of this for the price, although it's definitely a good deal.

Edit: Both an old deal and not the SSD i thought it was.

This is embarassing

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

This is basically the same as the Kingston V300 SSDs, with the bait and switch.

Sure, it's only 100 bucks, but it's really not a great SSD. I'd still rather get a several TB SSD instead of this for the price, although it's definitely a good deal.

Edit: Both an old deal and not the SSD i thought it was.

This is embarassing

lol, its ok

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

damn just bought a 500gb samsung for like $199

i hate making new accounts