GTX 980 Ti Potentially Launching Mid-Late May

Rock48

It's for people who want the best most expensive single gpu in the world.

IN THE WHOLE WORLD !!!   WOW!!!

... lots of those gpu`s floating around lately i see

the titan x and 980 ti has the same graphics processors basically so it is a valid comparison 

Guessing it might be a slightly cut down version of the GM200... Otherwise it'd be faster than the Titan X O.o?

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Don't care. I'm buying AMD for the first time ever this year, and there's nothing Nvidia can do about it. Now it's just a matter of responsibility, even if I'm just one person I have to do my part to not kill competition in GPUs for good. Or else the only choice in 3 years will be between Intel weakling iGPUs and "boutique" Apple-esque Nvidia GPUs for $800 at the entry level.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Don't care. I'm buying AMD for the first time ever this year, and there's nothing Nvidia can do about it. Now it's just a matter of responsibility, even if I'm just one person I have to do my part to not kill competition in GPUs for good. Or else the only choice in 3 years will be between Intel weakling iGPUs and "boutique" Apple-esque Nvidia GPUs for $800 at the entry level.

If only they had announced a freesync 4k monitor I would go for AMD too but nothing yet ...

Apple uses AMD in their high-end line-up. 

Apple uses AMD in their high-end line-up. 

I know, what does that have to do with Nvidia becoming like Apple when they get a monopoly?

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Just thought that needed to be stated.

Anyway, I doubt your single commitment is going to be of much influence. If anything AMD dwindling is a good thing. Perhaps not for now, for the consumer. However a business that implemented chugged out some weird policies and peculiar product choices should get a slap on the right. If one thing, it's not undeserved. Be it in good intent or not.

If this would allow a Samsung take-over, under the premise that AMD could keep it's autonomy. Which isn't that far fetched. Now that will stir up the market. AMD's vision combined with Samsung brite financial muscle and production facility. That would force both NVidia and INTEL to turn up the innovation notch to 11. 

I'm quite enjoying these times. Good things are on the horizon. I don't think NVIDIA is to be fault for this. They are just doing their thing, taking opportunities but without being overly hostile or aggresive. A monopoly requires absolute domination, this is simply not a plausible scenario. NVIDIA knows that, and they don't want to get caught out in the metaphorical field of Agincourt to get wrecked by AMD's longbows. 

The biggest thing I'm wondering about is if Nvidia Will release a GPU with a cut-down GM200? Given that it is more or less as large as Nvidia's manufacture possible allows, there got to be a relatively low yield on that chip.So if a 980ti would happen, I would expect it to be a cut-down GM200

I am perfectly happy with my 970 SLI... these cards are overpriced for what they are (980 for example)

Sorry, what? How in the world are the 970's overpriced?

Edit: typos. SwiftKey pls

Sorry, what? How is the world are the 970's overpriced?

You misunderstand, I was talking about the 980 being overpriced :)

Sorry, what? How is the world are the 970's overpriced?

I think he was referring to 980/Titan X... at least I hope. But overpriced, and people forget this, is dependent on the buyer. Something that is overpriced/expensive to you, might not be for me, or vice versa.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

You misunderstand, I was talking about the 980 being overpriced :)

I see.

Well having a 980 myself (coming off of two 770's) I think it's priced fine.

Is it bad that I want this card to come out, just to see Jayztwocents eat his words? :P

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Is it bad that I want this card to come out, just to see Jayztwocents eat his words? :P

This'd be fantastic.

This will be funny to see it's launch and price.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I might upgrade from GTX780 as the GPU starts lagging like shit at grassy areas with MSAA on in GTAV.

All I want is to play GTAV in maxed settings including MSAA and on 1080p. Jaggies. Jaggies everywhere.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

I might upgrade from GTX780 as the GPU starts lagging like shit at grassy areas with MSAA on in GTAV.

All I want is to play GTAV in maxed settings including MSAA and on 1080p. Jaggies. Jaggies everywhere.

Doesn't MSAA Murder the Titan X too?

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Wow that's as legit as this guys girlfriend:

terrible-photoshop-funny-ms-paint-girl.j

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

I've seen some shops in my time - the pixels don't line up.

I think it's funny but some others are trying to exclaim its authenticity. 

Wow that's as legit as this guys girlfriend:

terrible-photoshop-funny-ms-paint-girl.j

Apparently that is a very reputable site in China, equivalent to USA's Newegg.

Doesn't MSAA Murder the Titan X too?

I'm not sure. If GTAV already brings Titan X down to its dick, then there is no reason to upgrade to 980Ti lol

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280