GTX 980 Ti Potentially Launching Mid-Late May

Rock48

Looks like a faster Titan with lesser Vram 

But it won't perform as well as a titan x in games.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

Who's talking about double precision? I'm talking about multiple screens and / or big resolutions.

6GB can handle 5k i didnt say nobody will need the titan x but incredibly few who decide to run 4 way sli titan x with 3 4k screens and is 6GB of vram worth 300 dollars

it also has the low pricing which begs the question why did it cost 300 dollars more for 6GB of vram

Yes since double precision isn't a thing now NVIDIA would basically troll their own company, but maybe those 980tis are for people that bought 970s and since they don't wanna get sued they'll upgrade them

*buys 970* :D

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Yes (I think) a more expensive card will have better performance and it will happen that way.

titan black had the double precision performance so its price over the 780 ti was justified but the titan x has no justification 

1: gg1HYpK.png

2: I still don't buy it, and I won't until there is some statement from Nvidia.

3: Even if it is released, I have a hard time they are going to cut down just the vram. That's how to fuck over those of us who bought a Titan X for the raw power of it. Expect a lower power variant, cut down SMMs, ROPs, etc.

Agreed, I don't know why anyone believes these specs as if likely to be true just because it's posted up on a news site. Far as I can tell their source is a forum post which in turn sources some other random chinese internet "leak" site which itself has no source... Once again WCCF turns a "someone somewhere on the Internet said something" into a news article. As far as I'm concerned these specs are completely made-up. If there is a 980 Ti it'll be a cut-down GM200 so there's less of a gap between the 980 and the 980 Ti without totally destroying the value of the Titan X. The original Titans had FP64 performance even though the 780 Ti beat them, but they can't give that excuse this time.

Then again, if they cut down some SMMs they'll probably have an unbalanced VRAM/memory controller situation again... that's sure to go over well :)

except it doesnt make sense to those people either because of the low double precision

Actually it does, because you can saturate 12 GB of ram while working in viewport in 3D applications.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

6GB can handle 5k i didnt say nobody will need the titan x but incredibly few who decide to run 4 way sli titan x with 3 4k screens and is 6GB of vram worth 300 dollars

Don't you mean 5.5gb of vram?

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

You don't get it do you? Those are the people the Titan cards are for. They were never meant to make sense for the general consumer.

Agreed, I don't know why anyone believes these specs as if likely to be true just because it's posted up on a news site. Far as I can tell their source is a forum post which in turn sources some other random chinese internet "leak" site which itself has no source... Once again WCCF turns a "someone somewhere on the Internet said something" into a news article. As far as I'm concerned these specs are completely made-up. If there is a 980 Ti it'll be a cut-down GM200 so there's less of a gap between the 980 and the 980 Ti without totally destroying the value of the Titan X. The original Titans had FP64 performance even though the 780 Ti beat them, but they can't give that excuse this time.

You will see me buying some if a) they are real, b.) they are cheaper, c) they are more powerful, d) they have an aftermarket cooler, e) better overclocking limits, and maybe f) people stop talking about products that don't exist.

Until then:

aCZIlOs.jpg

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Is 6GB of vram kind of just a stop gap measure?  While I understand the consoles don't use their full 8GB of ram for pure vram, would it not be best to have 8GB on pc graphics cards for easier porting and such?  While I understand card makers aren't too worried about matching with consoles, does anyone foresee issues with having mismatched vram for the majority of ports that will be simple control swaps?

You don't get it do you? Those are the people the Titan cards are for. They were never meant to make sense for the general consumer.

except the price doesnt make sense because 6GB of vram doesnt cost 300 dollars 

Is 6GB of vram kind of just a stop gap measure?  While I understand the consoles don't use their full 8GB of ram for pure vram, would it not be best to have 8GB on pc graphics cards for easier porting and such?  While I understand card makers aren't too worried about matching with consoles, does anyone foresee issues with having mismatched vram for the majority of ports that will be simple control swaps?

With a 384-bit (6x64-bit) memory controller, you need to put RAM on in multiples of 6. In this case I'm guessing 12x 4Gbit chips or perhaps they'll go back to 24x 2Gbit chips again.

Err no, I was being sarcastic. The 780 Ti was cheaper and faster than the Titan Black.

the titan black had double precision so it made sense

Actually it does, because you can saturate 12 GB of ram while working in viewport in 3D applications.

does viewport need double precision

Err no, I was being sarcastic. The 780 Ti was cheaper and faster than the Titan Black.

Proves what I know about older gpu's I was not around back then in the pc master race.

But they aren't going to make a card that is cheaper than the titan x (which was aimed at gamers) but performs better in games that would be a completely stupid thing for a company to do under cutting themselves that's AMD's job.

does viewport need double precision

No, but we are talking about RAM, not Double Precision.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

Proofs what I know about older gpu's I was not around back then in the pc master race.

But they aren't going to make a card that is cheaper than the titan x (which was aimed at gamers) but performs better in games that would be a completely stupid thing for a company to do under cutting themselves that's AMD's job.

That was only like a year ago :P

And yes it would be silly to undercut themselves. But GIVEN the specs listed in the article the theoretical 980 Ti would perform better than a TITAN X. I doubt NVIDIA would release such a card, which is why I believe the specs listed are wrong, rather than believing the specs are right but somehow don't perform as well for some mysterious reason.

Why do people need more vram because quite a lot of gamers use sli cards and if DX12 does double up vram then any one with 970's 980's or 290's in sli or crossfire will have 8gb which would be enough for games so it's not worth buying it just for more vram.

from my experience professional use that needs a lot of vram also needs a lot of double precision but i guess there are applications that is not true for. but still 6GB of vram is not worth 300 dollars. also to me what a nvidia titan card is a gaming card that also has a lot of double precision for developers and for that reason the titan x shouldnt have the titan branding

That was only like a year ago :P

I'm very new here I only got built my first gaming pc this Christmas.

Why do people need more vram because quite a lot of gamers use sli cards and if DX12 does double up vram then any one with 970's 980's or 290's in sli or crossfire will have 8gb which would be enough for games so it's not worth buying it just for more vram.

game developers have never been really good at using new features it will probably take another 4 years or so but 6GB is enough for 2 4k monitors probably

game developers have never been really good at using new features it will probably take another 4 years or so

4 years till DX12 actually starts to get used!!!

game developers have never been really good at using new features it will probably take another 4 years or so

I'd say GTA V proves otherwise... two Titan Xs in my rig get hammered for 8GB+ of Vram with everything cranked at 3440x1440

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum